VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #4

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Older threads listed at the bottom of the page.

A new thread for Kelly...not that all of the other threads haven't been productive...but maybe this new one will bring some new answers and new readers to Kelly's thread who can come up with some new perspectives.

Blessings to Kelly and her family

A new thread for Kelly...not that all of the other threads haven't been productive...but maybe this new one will bring some new answers and new readers to Kelly's thread who can come up with some new perspectives.

Blessings to Kelly and her family

Its been 9 months today that we got the phone call from chesterfield LE to tell us that they found a body. I honestly believed that when Kelly was missing that knowing something would be better than not knowing anything at all. I could never been more wrong. The pain is still as bad today as it was on January 15 when we received the call saying she was missing and knowing that Chesterfield LE has swept it and many other missing persons cases under the rug. The truth needs to be told because not knowing is way to painful!

Its been 9 months today that we got the phone call from chesterfield LE to tell us that they found a body. I honestly believed that when Kelly was missing that knowing something would be better than not knowing anything at all. I could never been more wrong. The pain is still as bad today as it was on January 15 when we received the call saying she was missing and knowing that Chesterfield LE has swept it and many other missing persons cases under the rug. The truth needs to be told because not knowing is way to painful!

Hugs and prayers are with you and all of the family and Kelly....

Well I will give the govt offices a couple more days but come January 3,2011 they will be getting hounded by me every office every day. January 15 will be a year since Kelly went missing and we deserve better Answers than they have given. I just had the worse Christmas of my life because they don't want to talk to us and I am determined not to go another one without better answers.

I Wish you and your family success in your endeavor for the truth. Kelly deserves that and so do you all. Hugs Jody!!!

Well it now has been a year since Kelly went missing and its been a year without answers or any help from VA LE or any govt office in VA. They seem to think we should just be happy she was found and go away but its not that easy to walk away from someone you love so much and loved you so much! If you ever had the pleasure of meeting Kelly you would know exactly why its not that easy to just walk away and go on with your life. I know if the situation was reversed there would be no way she would walk away on me!!! Its about time for answers and the truth!

Does anyone here have a theory other than suicide (which I have not yet been convinced of)? Perhaps we could give some sort of direction to someone in LE who still cares about this case and is unsatisfied with the current resolution. I'm asking those of us who still read this thread and are unsatisfied with how Kelly's death was ruled a suicide: what directions do you think LE should take? Or, alternately, has LE done their job?

I don't think any of us are convinced, in any way, that Kelly committed suicide (gosh I hate even typing those 2 last words)... I'm firmly convinced that Kelly's death was by someone else's hands (maybe even 2 people). (This just being MOO from things I have read).

Unfortunately, I believe that LE is thoroughly convinced that they have the "right story" and I just don't believe that they were, at the time, interested in spending department money on a crime that LE could conveniently sweep under the rug - due to that one journal entry, never mind all of the other evidence that suggested otherwise.

I don't know what it would take to get this case reopened as I believe some of the family members have, or are, trying to get someone to help them and to make sense of the documents they do have.

I wish the VSP had been called in early on with this case as I feel there may have been a different outcome.

Would like to see a reporter do a (detailed) follow up story with someone in Kelly's family. Maybe that would once again spark interest and catch the attention of someone who could do something.

I just saw that Citizen Jane is on this afternoon on HLM.
A MUST watch if you have not seen!

Does anyone here have a theory other than suicide (which I have not yet been convinced of)? Perhaps we could give some sort of direction to someone in LE who still cares about this case and is unsatisfied with the current resolution. I'm asking those of us who still read this thread and are unsatisfied with how Kelly's death was ruled a suicide: what directions do you think LE should take? Or, alternately, has LE done their job?

I am unsure what all has been done by family.
I know they wanted to get copies of the case file, FOIA.
I don't know if they have been successful.

But, I like the idea of a reasoned well written letter to LE, DA, State DA,
listing the missing pieces of the puzzle of what happened to Kelly C.
Listing the why's or why not's that were not answered in the first investigation.
Listing why others believe how uncommon it would be for her body to be found where it was.

I would be glad to work on it with someone.
I will start fleshing out a draft letter.

I've read most of the other threads for Kelly which mention the location of 'the small island' where she was found. Was this just speculation or has it been verified as fact by Jonathan Moore or anyone else who was actually there? According to CBS 6 news 'the island' was "in the middle of the creek". After reading various articles I also got the impression 'the island' was closer to White Bank Road and 'near I-95' was merely used as a reference for those who don't know the area. I'm not discounting what has already been said, I'm just trying to find out if there's any new credible information. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Jason

Jason brings up a good point. We've all speculated this was the island - according to measurements and what appeared to be the right size island and the right distance away.

Maybe someone in Kelly's family could confirm if the island we have been focusing on is the right one?

Thanks!

I would have to ask other family members that actully went to where Kelly was found. When I was in VA for the Memorial service going anywhere near the creek or BPA or even her house was way to much for me to deal with. I will find out and let you know.

It has now been a year since we got the phone call saying that the body found was Kelly's but there is still so many doubts and unanswered questions. I still cant figure out how a woman who has so many friends and would do anything for them but when they are asked to step forward to help her and her family fill in the gaps of time for the remaining hours of her life no one can step forward. Especially the people she worked with at BPA. But there are so many people here on WS who never met her that still stand by us and try to help us.

AN: Unfortunately some people just don't want to get involved, in that way. Maybe it's because some people don't want to face and/or admit exactly what they know (to themselves or anyone else). Or maybe they feel they will come off looking like a snitch and/or troublemaker for another party - someone that they have to see (live/work) with every day and maybe they would feel like they would be intimidated in some manner for speaking out. Whatever the cause may be, I think it's sad, that's for sure.

Has your family ever been in touch with the person who found Kelly? Maybe you could get some answers from him - to help you get other answers. I'm sure he remembers that day in vivid detail.

Thanks MB its just a shame because if the shoe was on the other foot they would want everyone to step up and help them no matter what it cost that person. Im not asking them to talk to LE if they dont want to but at least to the family.

I have received an email from the gentleman who found Kelly. He seems very willing to answer any questions I have but he has admitted to having problems dealing with what he seen so I want to make sure I get all the questions I need answered all in one shot. I do not want to put him thru anything more than I already asked of him. If anyone has any questions that you think will help can you please help me and send them to me.
Thank you!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back