699 users online (98 members and 601 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Did Patsy write the ransom note?

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Patsy wrote the note

    289 91.17%
  • No, Patsy did not write the note

    28 8.83%

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1004
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,563

    The ransom note & Patsy Ramsey, letter by letter.

    Privately, however, Ubowski, who had made the early discovery that Patsy’s handwriting was consistent with the ransom note on twenty-four of the twenty-six alphabet letters, had recently told one detective, “I believe she wrote it.”
    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, page 174

    It was the variation in PR’s writing that fooled some people:
    We had noticed earlier that in prehomicide writings, Patsy consistently used the manuscript “a,” but posthomicide, it disappeared from her samples of writing. This was a major find, for it looked as if she was consciously changing her lettering. She had more handwriting styles than a class of sixth graders and was seemingly able to change as easily as turning on and off different computer fonts.
    I thought about how big a mistake it had been to provide the defense lawyers with a copy of the note. A suspect could study it prior to giving writing samples and consciously avoid certain characteristics, such as the style of writing the first letter of the alphabet.
    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 173-174


    We were called upon to examine the ransom note that was left at the crime scene. The other handwriting expert was in Maryland. Both of us were kept separate so our opinions would be independent. In my opinion, I found that it was highly probable that Patsy was the person who wrote the note. I found over 243 similarities between her handwriting and the ransom note. The other handwriting expert said that he was 100 positive that Patsy wrote the note.
    - Cina Wong
    http://www.cinawongforgeryexpert.com...debusiness.asp

    Q. What is your degree of certainty yourself as you sit here today that Patsy Ramsey wrote the note?
    A. I am absolutely certain that she wrote the note.
    Q. Is that 60 percent certain?
    A. No, that's 100 percent certain.
    Deposition of Gideon Epstein
    May 17, 2002

    Cina Wong speaks about the Ramsey case in this radio interview:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg85wR8Uy5Q"]Cina Wong - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by cynic; 01-04-2013 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Cina Wong's copyrighted work removed by request
    It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicoles murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Privately, however, Ubowski, who had made the early discovery that Patsy’s handwriting was consistent with the ransom note on twenty-four of the twenty-six alphabet letters, had recently told one detective, “I believe she wrote it.”
    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, page 174

    It was the variation in PR’s writing that fooled some people:
    We had noticed earlier that in prehomicide writings, Patsy consistently used the manuscript “a,” but posthomicide, it disappeared from her samples of writing. This was a major find, for it looked as if she was consciously changing her lettering. She had more handwriting styles than a class of sixth graders and was seemingly able to change as easily as turning on and off different computer fonts.
    I thought about how big a mistake it had been to provide the defense lawyers with a copy of the note. A suspect could study it prior to giving writing samples and consciously avoid certain characteristics, such as the style of writing the first letter of the alphabet.
    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 173-174


    We were called upon to examine the ransom note that was left at the crime scene. The other handwriting expert was in Maryland. Both of us were kept separate so our opinions would be independent. In my opinion, I found that it was highly probable that Patsy was the person who wrote the note. I found over 243 similarities between her handwriting and the ransom note. The other handwriting expert said that he was 100 positive that Patsy wrote the note.
    - Cina Wong
    http://www.cinawongforgeryexpert.com...debusiness.asp

    Q. What is your degree of certainty yourself as you sit here today that Patsy Ramsey wrote the note?
    A. I am absolutely certain that she wrote the note.
    Q. Is that 60 percent certain?
    A. No, that's 100 percent certain.
    Deposition of Gideon Epstein
    May 17, 2002

    Cina Wong speaks about the Ramsey case in this radio interview:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg85wR8Uy5Q
    Heck yeah, she wrote the RN. The letters are all written the same, Patsy and the rn "author" make their q's look like 8's...and if you look closely (Enlarge it and you can REALLY see)...they both put little "hooks" at the end of their letters that have a tail....for example Y.
    Last edited by cynic; 01-04-2013 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Cina Wong's copyrighted work removed by request
    "This time we get it right."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Isenbuettel,GERMANY
    Posts
    373
    Ive a question
    I do not know who wrote the RN ,either whether PR is a smart woman or not...
    why did she write such a long RN and the amount 118.000?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRK SCHILLER View Post
    Ive a question
    I do not know who wrote the RN ,either whether PR is a smart woman or not...
    why did she write such a long RN and the amount 118.000?
    John's bonus that year, was 118,000.....and some change. My guess is it was the first amount that popped into head...and they were trying to make it look like "an inside job". Which is exactly what JR called it. The RN was so long, because she was rambling. She was trying so hard to point the finger AWAY from her and her husband, that she just kept going on and on....adding more and more to the RN...with each thing added, she pointed the finger more and more away from her and JR. So she thought....
    "This time we get it right."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,579
    Instead it made no sense a all. It also contained words Patsy used on a routine basis. Words her family (Mom, Dad) used.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,914
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRK SCHILLER View Post
    Ive a question
    I do not know who wrote the RN ,either whether PR is a smart woman or not...
    why did she write such a long RN and the amount 118.000?
    Any number of reasons, Dirk Schiller.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    Regardless of who killed JonBenet. I firmly believe that Patsy wrote the note, nothing will ever change my mind on that. The writing is identical.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Isenbuettel,GERMANY
    Posts
    373
    well, I guess while she was writting the long RN, JR was downstairs doing the other job,setting the stage...but as she did show him the RN, hed have said:
    oh no,its way too long,we need to write a short one or kinda?
    Hes smarter,wasnt he a navy and busyness guy?

  9. #9
    LadyL's Avatar
    LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,617
    No doubt in my mind that Patsy wrote the note.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRK SCHILLER View Post
    well, I guess while she was writting the long RN, JR was downstairs doing the other job,setting the stage...but as she did show him the RN, hed have said:
    oh no,its way too long,we need to write a short one or kinda?
    Hes smarter,wasnt he a navy and busyness guy?
    I believe you are right on this, Dirk. If Patsy had shown that note to John before she called 911, he would have had a stroke. He knew exactly what everyone would think, but by this time, she was already on the phone. No time for a new note. I believe she stopped talking about the same time he realized how ridiculous the note was. She had to hang up on the operator then, for fear of making things worse.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRK SCHILLER View Post
    well, I guess while she was writting the long RN, JR was downstairs doing the other job,setting the stage...but as she did show him the RN, hed have said:
    oh no,its way too long,we need to write a short one or kinda?
    Hes smarter,wasnt he a navy and busyness guy?
    Write another shorter note? There wasn't time for that....they had staging that needed to be finished up. I am quite sure that he probably even helped her with the note...this is where I believe the "Listen Carefully" came from....he most likely was dictating to her what to write...Listen Carefully ...imo...wasn't meant to be written, it was instructions for HER. How do you listen carefully to something that you are reading?? Shouldn't it be..."read this carefully??" If the "intruder" had of phoned in his RN...he then would have used the words..."LISTEN carefully". Anyway...I believe that John intended for the note to be short...but Patsy couldn't leave it alone....continuing to add to it, while he was working on some of the staging. He probably blew a gasket, when he saw that she had added more, and turned it into an almost three page ransom LETTER, instead of a ransom note.
    "This time we get it right."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,914
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRK SCHILLER View Post
    well, I guess while she was writting the long RN, JR was downstairs doing the other job,setting the stage
    Some of it at least. But yes, that's how I picture it.

    ...but as she did show him the RN, hed have said:
    oh no,its way too long,we need to write a short one or kinda?
    Hes smarter,wasnt he a navy and busyness guy?
    Excellent questions, Dirk.

    Well, I happen to think that the others are right: there wasn't time. But assuming there was, it still might have been the smart thing. I outlined this idea in the thread "No Honor Among Thieves." Have a look if you'd like.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,914
    Cynic, I have to ask: where did you get them?
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Isenbuettel,GERMANY
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Write another shorter note? There wasn't time for that....they had staging that needed to be finished up. I am quite sure that he probably even helped her with the note...this is where I believe the "Listen Carefully" came from....he most likely was dictating to her what to write...Listen Carefully ...imo...wasn't meant to be written, it was instructions for HER. How do you listen carefully to something that you are reading?? Shouldn't it be..."read this carefully??" If the "intruder" had of phoned in his RN...he then would have used the words..."LISTEN carefully". Anyway...I believe that John intended for the note to be short...but Patsy couldn't leave it alone....continuing to add to it, while he was working on some of the staging. He probably blew a gasket, when he saw that she had added more, and turned it into an almost three page ransom LETTER, instead of a ransom note.
    ames,your great!
    I was wondering if they had some internal phones or intercomunnicators, maybe he was talking to her on the phone from downstairs, thats why "listen carefully" ? anyone knows ? it is possible because the house is too big
    Sorry, Im writing like a child,Ive learned english long time ago :-(

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRK SCHILLER View Post
    ames,your great!
    I was wondering if they had some internal phones or intercomunnicators, maybe he was talking to her on the phone from downstairs, thats why "listen carefully" ? anyone knows ? it is possible because the house is too big
    Sorry, Im writing like a child,Ive learned english long time ago :-(
    THANK YOU!!!

    That's possible. But, I imagine him hovering over her...and the scenario going kind of like this...
    John and Patsy probably argued over who would write it. They finally agreed that she would, and he would dictate to her what to write. She is sitting at the table with the sharpie and the pad. John says..."Okay, start with Mr. Ramsey, and now listen carefully"...and then precedes to dictate the note. Listen carefully...in my opinion...means...Listen closely and do not screw this up. Write down everything that I tell you to. Even a Small Foreign Faction would know that you cannot LISTEN to something that is written down in a note or letter...you read it, not listen to it. I have always believed that the "listen carefully" was meant for Patsy to listen carefully...to John's dictation. NOT for the Ramsey's to listen carefully to the ransom note. Which is just stupid.

    Edited to add...you do not write like a child. Your english is very good!
    "This time we get it right."

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. The Best Untainted Evidence-The Ransom Letter
    By angelwngs in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 598
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 08:20 AM
  2. Replies: 323
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
  3. What if there was no ransom letter?
    By OceanEyes in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
  4. Q's (Ransom note vs. Patsy's handwriting)
    By leighl in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
  5. Patsy's Campaign Letter
    By Barbara in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 06:19 PM