South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder
S. Africa honeymoon slaying: British police arrest husband Shrien Dewani, say he conspired to murder bride http://bit.ly/ghZ6SM

another very sad murder of a honeymoon bride!

Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder
S. Africa honeymoon slaying: British police arrest husband Shrien Dewani, say he conspired to murder bride http://bit.ly/ghZ6SM

another very sad murder of a honeymoon bride!

I am curious as to what is motive is and why he bothered to marry her? I also would like to see evidence against Mr. Dewani aside from the murderer saying he was hired.

One article states the company he owns is in debt by millions yet it is of course, being denied. Maybe he had a policy on her????

May she rest in peace. Another tragedy and if he did murder her, another very sad murder of a woman.

Goz

I wonder if this is the usual traditional type wedding, where the bride's parents give a dowry?

A while ago I saw a documentary on how many Indian men living throughout the world, return to India to take a bride. Many of these men, leave their bride behind in India with the promise she'll join him shortly, but he never returns and these women are left heartbroken, broke, and no way to earn a living. They're also disgraced and shunned by many in their own society.

I know this bride wasn't living in India, but I wonder if they went by their usual traditions? It's especially troublesome, now knowing, his business was heavily in debt. Bet her parents didn't know that, nor she.

JMHO
fran
:(

On Tuesday, in a dramatic twist in the case, prosecutors publicly accepted a signed confession from Tongo that was agreed as part of a plea bargain deal in which he admitted murder, aggravated robbery and kidnapping.
So he married her for her money?

So he married her for her money?

Maybe... There has to be some reason as to him marrying her and then killing her. I have not read anything as to the motive yet or do I feel the evidence is enough to convict him.
Tongo was the hired killer, he confessed. He is not the husband.

Goz

The plot thickens........ Second murder!:eek:

Hmmmm,.............it seems the previous victim was killed in the same way Dewani's wife was,...... taxi car-jacking attempt...:silenced:....

{double hmmmmmm} the previous victim's widow flew to be by Dewani's side after his wife was murdered. :waitasec:

Like they say, there is NO coincidence when it comes to murder!:snooty:

JMHO
fran

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/11/shrien-dewani-linked-second-murder

Shrien Dewani 'linked' to second murder case in South Africa
British businessman Dewani denies new accusations he was involved in killing three years ago

The British businessman Shrien Dewani, wanted for extradition by South Africa over claims he paid hitmen to kill his bride on their Cape Town honeymoon, has denied he was involved in another murder three years earlier.

South African National Commissioner General Bheki Cele said police are investigating a link between Dewani and the 2007 murder of Dr Pox Raghavjee.

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dewani is still challenging extradition. Isn't it about time he went to court to prove his supposed innocence?

CCTV footage obtained by the BBC suggests the alleged role of Shrien Dewani in the murder of his wife while on honeymoon in South Africa may not be as clear-cut as investigators say.

The video shows Shrien and Anni Dewani kissing hours before the murder and raises questions about the credibility of a key witness who is also filmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17530411

Firearms experts at the Forensic Firearms Consultancy in London told the MailOnline they were commissioned to review the evidence, which they claim appears to show the bullet hit 28-year-old Anni by accident.

A post mortem examination showed the fatal bullet struck the Swedish newlywed's left hand and went through her chest, causing fatal neck injuries.

After a second look at the documents, a source from the ballistics team behind the investigation told the Daily Mirror: 'The evidence would appear to support the theory that Mrs Dewani was shot during a struggle.'

Questions have also been raised over Dewani's role in the scandal after a review of the initial police interviews found the he was not mentioned, the paper reported today.

The findings will screened by BBC Panorama this Thursday, along with a suggestion that Dewani was embroiled in the case by the 'desperate' taxi driver, Zola Tongo, in a bid to get a lighter sentence.

It is a dramatic twist that could mean freedom for Dewani, who is in a psychiatric hospital in Bristol while he fights extradition at the Supreme Court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-claim-wife-shot-accident.html#ixzz2f9hPvcuT

So what do you think of this?

Cape Town &#8212; The NPA will not respond to a request for comment regarding a documentary questioning the police case against Shrien Dewani, Western Cape director of public prosecutions Rodney de Kock said on Sunday. "... It would be improper for the NPA to engage on the merits of the case," he told BBC: Panorama editor Tom Giles in a letter, sent at the beginning of September, and shown to the media on Sunday. "To do so will be to subject Mr Dewani to a trial by media, a concept foreign to the Republic of South Africa and a practice that will violate Mr Dewani's right to a fair trial." De Kock said the matter was sub judice. "The proper forum to address this matter is a Court of law, not the media."

He has been fighting extradition to stand trial in Cape Town for over two years. The BBC One Panorama programme in the United Kingdom planned to air a documentary on Thursday looking at the criminal case against Dewani, according to its website. The programme, titled "The Honeymoon Murder: Who killed Anni?" claimed to have obtained "secret police files" and commissioned forensic experts to review all the evidence. According to the online preview, the experts plan to expose "fundamental mistakes" in the police investigation and the interpretation of forensic evidence. Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle ruled in 2011 that Dewani should be extradited but he successfully appealed against this order, on mental health grounds. The British Press Association reported in July that Riddle had ordered for Dewani to be extradited on the basis of a slow but steady recovery. "It may be a long time before Mr Dewani is fit to plead, but he may be closer to that point," he was quoted as saying. "It is not impossible that if returned now, then after a reasonable period of further treatment and assessment he will be found fit to plead and a trial can take place." Agence France Press reported last month that Dewani launched an attempt to take his extradition case to the Supreme Court, arguing his mental health was too fragile.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201309190475.html

Absolutely no further appeals he can make and there is a 28 day period within which the extradition must be carried out, so he has to go by then, as the decision was made at the beginning of March.

Extradition's only been agreed on condition he is not held too long without proceedings starting in SA, so I guess there will be a speedy trial.

I am a little worried Shrien will make a last minute suicide attempt, in an attempt to avoid being shipped out.....

I have just heard Anni's uncle say on the radio "We must have answers". Poor family.

I don't think Dewani has actually left England yet though. I'll check. I'm not convinced he won't collapse at the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123