1575 users online (280 members and 1295 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Is This Case 'COLD'

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • This Case is COLD and will never be solved

102 44.16%
  • LE is waiting until January to make a charge

11 4.76%
  • The Grand Jury is secretly meeting

7 3.03%
  • No one will ever be charged unless there is a confession

120 51.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    That's like asking if there's going to be a hard freeze in Jacksonville tonight. I voted, YES, brrrrrrr! Sadly, I feel like it may never be fully solved. Too many lies, too much time past, too many people involved. They banked too much on the MC theory when they should have been looking closer to home, meaning looking at RC & TN. Just my opinion which doesn't seem to mean much in the grand scheme of things. Sad for Haleigh and those that dearly loved her. Sad for all the people whose hearts ache, for the people that are truly trying to get to the truth, to the people who can't sleep at night because the are plagued by the thoughts of an innocent child whose life was lost. My heart weeps for this beautiful child who will never get the chance to live life.
    BBM...ITA

I didn't vote because who knows what is going to happen, but I don't believe LE will ever classify Haleigh's case as being a cold case... They know IF they do they have to reveal everything they have...

I voted cold...

Voted cold....but who knows?? Hopefully the new year will bring Haleigh home.
    A.K.A.....Lovethechild

I haven't voted on this poll yet. I noticed the choice about "not unless someone confesses" but I thought that the poll needed the choice:

Not unless someone tells the truth and leads LE to Haleigh's body.

ETA: I have not changed my opinion that Ron killed Haleigh and I do not think that Ron will ever, ever confess however, maybe just maybe, someone who does know the "real" story of what happened to Haleigh will come forth and do the right thing.

voted not without confession. I hate to check COLD/never be solved because that is unacceptable to me after having followed it for so long, can't bring myself to check that box. THe next best one was this case won't be solved without a confession at this point.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    I haven't voted on this poll yet. I noticed the choice about "not unless someone confesses" but I thought that the poll needed the choice:

Not unless someone tells the truth and leads LE to Haleigh's body.

ETA: I have not changed my opinion that Ron killed Haleigh and I do not think that Ron will ever, ever confess however, maybe just maybe, someone who does know the "real" story of what happened to Haleigh will come forth and do the right thing.
    ITA Lone. I hate to think that this is a cold case but IMO, at this point, if LE doesn't recover Haleigh's body....we may never know. I think I have lost hope in LE gaining a confession out of any of these liars...I think LE had a plan in the beginning....but IMO that plan has blown up in their faces....so sad...Haleigh deserved so much more from those who "claimed" that they loved her....but did they really? It's sickening...those that "claimed" they loved her.....loved themselves more.

IIRC, when Ron, Misty, and Tommy were locked up on drug charges....the SA told LE to keep the drug cases and Haleigh's case separate....and if you think about it, the drug cases are still front and center because Misty's drug case has been postponed until Jan. So maybe we will see some movement once Misty's drug cases are settled and squared away. Lord knows I hope something will happen that will eventually bring Haleigh home...so Crystal can have some type of closure...because I will always believe that the Cummings know exactly what happened and where to find Haleigh's remains. JMO of course

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    ITA Lone. I hate to think that this is a cold case but IMO, at this point, if LE doesn't recover Haleigh's body....we may never know. I think I have lost hope in LE gaining a confession out of any of these liars...I think LE had a plan in the beginning....but IMO that plan has blown up in their faces....so sad...Haleigh deserved so much more from those who "claimed" that they loved her....but did they really? It's sickening...those that "claimed" they loved her.....loved themselves more.

IIRC, when Ron, Misty, and Tommy were locked up on drug charges....the SA told LE to keep the drug cases and Haleigh's case separate....and if you think about it, the drug cases are still front and center because Misty's drug case has been postponed until Jan. So maybe we will see some movement once Misty's drug cases are settled and squared away. Lord knows I hope something will happen that will eventually bring Haleigh home...so Crystal can have some type of closure...because I will always believe that the Cummings know exactly what happened and where to find Haleigh's remains. JMO of course
    Great post and I truly agree with you on everything!

You know that little dot which shows the interest in the Grand Jury meeting?
    I'm in that small percentage. Mainly I don't even want to hear the words "cold case."

In my world, the Grand Jury is always in session when it comes to justice for little Haleigh. Whether they charge anyone, is yet to be seen. But I'd like to remain optomistic.

jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Colder than an Eskimo's nose. None of these characters will ever confess and LE knows this. We will have to be satisfied that the drug sentences will be the only justice that Haleigh will receive.

Need a write-in option.

This case is COLD however it will be solved at some point.

Cold, cold, cold.

Haleigh will never be found and this case will never be solved, IMO.

I voted "A", but agree with Patty G -- This case is cold, but I do think it will be solved some day. I agree with "D" also, but do not think there will ever ever be a confession. Not at this point.
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    I Voted that "No one will ever be charged unless there is a confession".. and unfortunately for precious little Haleigh that will never happen.. The only way is just as someone upthread already stated, that the ONLY confession that we will get in this case is a "deathbed confession".. It's truly the only way any of these losers and lowlifes would dare open their mouths and speak the real truth of what happened in the late hours of February 9, 2009 to the wee hours of the morning of February 10, 2009...

And IMO this loser would have to be absolutely certain that they were about to die{i.e. meaning they had zero chance in their mind that they could possibly recover and live..AND I DO MEAN ZERO CHANCE}

Whomever "it" is knows that no matter how bad of conditions that they are living in in prison while serving their drug sentences that there is still a very bright light at the end of the tunnel{with each passing day of their sentence that light becoming brighter and closer}.. Whoever "it" is tho having an elementary education{at best}
    they still however are smart enough to know that they will eventually get out after serving their drug sentence{it very well may be every single day of that 15 yr sentence that they serve}but nonetheless they will eventually be "free" again and are definitely capable of knowing that if they choose to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but thetruth which will finally ensure justice for our Haleigh..

They know that means that light that they are so looking at, dreaming of every night, and thinking about as every long day passes..that light that was getting closer, getting brighter...IS NOW FOREVER GONE! NOTHING BUT DARKNESS WITHOUT A GLIMMER OF HOPE WILL THEY BE LEFT WITH...

And then to serve out the remainder of their entire lives branded as a "child killer"..
    Yes, even that of an elementary education knows full well the ramifications of just that "brand" alone would mean for them in General Population.. With no glimmer of a light, only a long, dark tunnel that they continue to travel for every dark day of the rest of their entire life...

No, there will be no confession..UNLESS as I stated above they are of the mindset that they have zero chance of living, not even slight chance they could live..or again THERE WILL BE NO CONFESSION..UNTIL THEY KNOW WILL 100% CERTAINTY THEY WILL BE DEAD VERY VERY SOON..jmo

Tho, my prayer is that I am 100% wrong and that there is still a clue left unfound, or a person with knowledge that is not incarcerated...yes, I pray that for the sake of justice for this little one, and for closure for those of them that truly did love her..For those reasons I will continue to pray that I am wrong..
    Last edited by SmoothOperator; 12-09-2010 at 09:20 PM.

I voted "Cold" and not solved because I do not see any of the inmates talking. There is no incentive for any of them.

Even with a confession, LE could do nothing. They need proof of Haleigh's demise...not happening.

The inmates could be giving information they have held back from LE all this time. Pieces of the puzzle. They really got them one by one, on charges that would stick pretty darn good with the exception of Hank Sr and Lisa on smaller charges. Hank was released with no bond posted and release to himself (ror), Lisa only got 6 months, less 48 days jail credit, on two charges that could have been 10 years or so, there's some last chance plea dates next week, Nay Nay has court in 2 weeks, sealed documents, too much to be ignored by me. It's honestly the most action I have seen since Haleigh went missing with all the fluff/destractions removed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast