1170 users online (223 members and 947 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Is This Case 'COLD'

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • This Case is COLD and will never be solved

    102 44.16%
  • LE is waiting until January to make a charge

    11 4.76%
  • The Grand Jury is secretly meeting

    7 3.03%
  • No one will ever be charged unless there is a confession

    120 51.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 131
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    Dear Santa,

    All I want for Christmas is for HaLeigh to be found and brought home to be laid to rest in respect, love and, dignity and -- for the Perp(s) to be formally charged and convicted.

    If you can possibly grant this wish I will forego all other gifts and presents in Holiday 2010 because this would be the most precious and priceless gift you could grant to both myself and the members of WS.

    Where is HaLeigh? Please bring her home.

    Cyberborg, WS Member.
    Cyber, I feel the same way.

    I put up a few Christmas lights outside this year but that's about the extent of my celebrating. My daughter is grown so my household can get by without all the festivities. For me, Christmas spirit is about reflection and my Christmas wishes are for all children to be treated with respect, dignity and love. I told my daughter she does not need to give me gifts, just offer a moment of silence for those who are lost trying to find their way home.

    I try not to dwell on the suffering of children in our country but even so, I cannot just ignore it. I reflect not only on the fate of dear Haleigh but of all the others: Caylee, Kyron, Adji, Baby Gabriel--the list goes on and on, and continues to grow. And I wonder how many names we never even hear.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,775
    Yes, it is cold in the sense that no new info seems to be coming in and that while LE certainly has their suspects, there does not seem to be much they can do to move forward with charges unless something new and solid comes in.

    The only relief is that some of these people are in jail. No way to know if all who need to be are, however. And the fact that Haleigh is unlikely to ever be found is sickening.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    Cyber, I feel the same way.

    I put up a few Christmas lights outside this year but that's about the extent of my celebrating. My daughter is grown so my household can get by without all the festivities. For me, Christmas spirit is about reflection and my Christmas wishes are for all children to be treated with respect, dignity and love. I told my daughter she does not need to give me gifts, just offer a moment of silence for those who are lost trying to find their way home.

    I try not to dwell on the suffering of children in our country but even so, I cannot just ignore it. I reflect not only on the fate of dear Haleigh but of all the others: Caylee, Kyron, Adji, Baby Gabriel--the list goes on and on, and continues to grow. And I wonder how many names we never even hear.
    What a beautiful thing to say and do. It seems every week there are more children being tortured and murdered. What is in the minds of these animals. God help all little children.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124
    I agree, that LE will never classify this as a cold case and just how long can they legally do that, indefinitely? You can't tell me that their budget allows for an ongoing investigation forever. I'm thinking perhaps they feel they have it solved but don't have the evidence to prosecute, so they throw a blanket over the whole group and put them away for whatever the law allows. Sadly, there is a lot of collateral damage within that group.

    In addition, anyone interested in jailhouse phone calls or visits, are met with astronomical fees quoted to obtain them.

    If I were to vote, my choice would be (D) No one will ever be charged unless there is a confession. Fat chance of that since they all seem content to go to jail for a minimum of 15 years. I do wonder why Misty's sentencing in PC was pushed to January. Could that be our only hope that this case will ever be solved?

    Nice video Papa.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    I voted for cold, with a heavy heart. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a confession; IMO Misty's latest letter caper shows that she's nowhere close to telling the truth and I haven't seen any signs that anybody else is either. Unless they can find Haleigh there may not be a whole lot of new evidence that the police can get, and there might not be much to be found at this point, depending on where she ended up at.

    Maybe they can someday charge someone for telling a lot of lies.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,586
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    No one will ever be charged unless there is a confession

    Since those were the only choices available, I believe HaLeigh is a cold case as we speak and unless someone gives a credible confession, HaLeigh's demise may never be solved..JMHO

    Where is HaLeigh??
    --------------------
    I hate to say it but I agree.They are all as thick as thieves and no one will rat them out. They are almost all in jail,confession would bring more time.Joe and Timmy are still out if it were one of them the rest would be jealous (I kid you not) and one would sing!! Someday someone will find the poor little girls remains unless,water.I cant write it...Sleep little Angel.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,076
    I voted confess....waiting for Tommy to confess!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,943
    I could be wrong, but I think the SA's office is the ones who decide if a case should be classified as cold. If you asked the investigators, I'm sure they would still call it an ongoing investigation.

    They may know, or have a pretty good idea what happened and who is responsible, yet still don't have the evidence to back it up. Even if they got a confession, they still need evidence to support that confession.

    Since Misty's and Tommy's stories kind of contradict each other, and Joe denies even being there, it's going to be hard to prove who is responsible. But I don't think the case has gone cold yet. At least I hope they're still working on it, if nothing more than going back over the files and continuing to talk to all the players. Sometimes a person will remember a tiny little detail that turns a case around and leads to something much bigger. You never know!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Ga.
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the SA's office is the ones who decide if a case should be classified as cold. If you asked the investigators, I'm sure they would still call it an ongoing investigation.

    They may know, or have a pretty good idea what happened and who is responsible, yet still don't have the evidence to back it up. Even if they got a confession, they still need evidence to support that confession.

    Since Misty's and Tommy's stories kind of contradict each other, and Joe denies even being there, it's going to be hard to prove who is responsible. But I don't think the case has gone cold yet. At least I hope they're still working on it, if nothing more than going back over the files and continuing to talk to all the players. Sometimes a person will remember a tiny little detail that turns a case around and leads to something much bigger. You never know!
    I think it may be cold now, but could heat up later when those "ususual people" sitting in jail who know what happen get tired of sittin there. Hope that is in Jan. when Misty's date comes up for Putnam Co.

    Merry Christmas to everyone. Be safe! It's snowing in Georgia!
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    I couldn't vote because I think they need more information to crack this case. I do not think they have enough to take to a GJ. That being said, I do think that while it may not be exactly cold... it is cooling off at alarming degrees.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Borden Indiana, most peaceful place on this side of Heaven
    Posts
    61
    I can't begin to express how much it hurts me, to come here and see the only active thread is labled "Cold Case". I was praying for a better outcome. Rest in peace Haleigh.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I couldn't vote because I think they need more information to crack this case. I do not think they have enough to take to a GJ. That being said, I do think that while it may not be exactly cold... it is cooling off at alarming degrees.
    Sadly, I have to agree with you. I haven't voted yet. I guess I hate to admit that with these players imprisoned that the case will go into the cold file.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    12,582
    Personally, I think that LE put on blinders that very first day and did not take them off until it was too late to effectively investigate the case. Misty was named the "key" from the very first and LE appeared to have never looked beyond that decision. Too bad. I think that they ignored the "600 lb. gorilla in the room". I think that Ronald Cummings was included in the drug sting when it was discovered too late that he might have been involved. IMO, LE feels that someone who is serving time in prison was involved so they have in some small way made up for all the poor investigative work in Haleigh Cummings' case.

    ETA: At this late stage LE is unwilling to admit that they screwed up, thus the case will most likely go cold.

  14. #59
    I would describe the case as being at a stand still, and I think that it will be solved. Maybe not as quickly as we would like, but I think it will.

    Either by a jail snitch, or LE will get a tid bit of new info and they decide to take it to a grand jury, indictments are handed down and then... when the pressure of actual murder charges is put on some of them, the the case will explode.

  15. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Personally, I think that LE put on blinders that very first day and did not take them off until it was too late to effectively investigate the case. Misty was named the "key" from the very first and LE appeared to have never looked beyond that decision. Too bad. I think that they ignored the "600 lb. gorilla in the room". I think that Ronald Cummings was included in the drug sting when it was discovered too late that he might have been involved. IMO, LE feels that someone who is serving time in prison was involved so they have in some small way made up for all the poor investigative work in Haleigh Cummings' case.

    ETA: At this late stage LE is unwilling to admit that they screwed up, thus the case will most likely go cold.
    I disagree.

    Ron wouldn't cooperate with LE, LE knew that. They stated that openly.

    I think LE thought Misty would be easier to crack then Ronald. That is why they said she was the key, but now they know she is very evil and very self centered.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. UK UK - George Wilson, 41, Nottingham, 8 Sept 1963
    By wfgodot in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-31-2016, 05:20 PM
  2. FL - Volunteer "cold case" team in Hillsborough County, 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 09:53 AM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 11:48 PM
  5. A look at "Cold Case Squads"
    By mysteriew in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 09:26 PM