1235 users online (234 members and 1001 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Is This Case 'COLD'

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • This Case is COLD and will never be solved

    102 44.16%
  • LE is waiting until January to make a charge

    11 4.76%
  • The Grand Jury is secretly meeting

    7 3.03%
  • No one will ever be charged unless there is a confession

    120 51.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 131
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,853
    Nah, again. The case is not that cold. Even if Misty gets 10 or more years added or she serves just the 25, that 25 hits like a ton of bricks to those who have lived at least 25 years, let alone what is 25 years like in prison? Her release date just floors me. 2035. That's a long time. But 50 plus years, gosh, she'd better tell all and figure out what her sentence can be. Again, just guessing. I still like the fact of the easier sentencing for WBG, Lisa, Hank, NN. Plus, the sealed testimony of the paternal mom's boyfriend, Whew...well at least a guilty one will suffer. Wow, no coffesion. Hope it comes soon.

    Bless Haleigh! You are loved by so many. xoxooxox
    Last edited by Dr. Know?; 01-06-2011 at 05:36 AM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,853
    Oh and who gets charged? I don't care if it's the mother's boyfriends lover who was addicted to coke, and told the bar lady that they saw a friends brother looking at the man doing what ever after drinks by the pool, grrrr and have pictures! It means nothing.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I disagree.

    Ron wouldn't cooperate with LE, LE knew that. They stated that openly.

    I think LE thought Misty would be easier to crack then Ronald. That is why they said she was the key, but now they know she is very evil and very self centered.
    Levi, I know you have sources, but does LE really believe that Misty is evil? Is there not room in their judgement, to give her a little credit? Even if she bashed Haleigh with a board, don't they realize that she shouldn't have been there in the 1st place? IDK...Misty was just a dumb kid when Ronald snatched her up. That should count for something. I don't see Misty as evil. I look at her life with her family, & then at her life with Ronald, & I'm not surprised she got caught up in the middle of all this. What does LE expect from her? IDK, but if LE wants results from her, it might help if they approached her as something besides an evil thing, from a disgusting family. That just pizzes her off, puts her on the defensive, & widens the gap. How can she be expected to confess to something, that's just going to reinforce their opinions of her & her family?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    & yes, I think this case is cold or 1 step above it. I too think that LE zeroed in on Misty, & had tunnel vision. They may think she's guilty, but did they expect her to confess? Surely there are better investigative tactics. How about going after the father...the one who spent a night in jail, crying off & on? That sounds like the weak link-not hard as nails, Misty.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    Levi, I know you have sources, but does LE really believe that Misty is evil? Is there not room in their judgement, to give her a little credit? Even if she bashed Haleigh with a board, don't they realize that she shouldn't have been there in the 1st place? IDK...Misty was just a dumb kid when Ronald snatched her up. That should count for something. I don't see Misty as evil. I look at her life with her family, & then at her life with Ronald, & I'm not surprised she got caught up in the middle of all this. What does LE expect from her? IDK, but if LE wants results from her, it might help if they approached her as something besides an evil thing, from a disgusting family. That just pizzes her off, puts her on the defensive, & widens the gap. How can she be expected to confess to something, that's just going to reinforce their opinions of her & her family?
    I've heard they all think she is heartless and have compared her to a serial killer.

    I'd have to agree with them, I think both she and Ronald are very evil people.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    Levi, I know you have sources, but does LE really believe that Misty is evil? Is there not room in their judgement, to give her a little credit? Even if she bashed Haleigh with a board, don't they realize that she shouldn't have been there in the 1st place? IDK...Misty was just a dumb kid when Ronald snatched her up. That should count for something. I don't see Misty as evil. I look at her life with her family, & then at her life with Ronald, & I'm not surprised she got caught up in the middle of all this. What does LE expect from her? IDK, but if LE wants results from her, it might help if they approached her as something besides an evil thing, from a disgusting family. That just pizzes her off, puts her on the defensive, & widens the gap. How can she be expected to confess to something, that's just going to reinforce their opinions of her & her family?
    bbm

    If she knows what happened to Haleigh, then yes, she is evil-- Haleigh needs to be brought home, and justice be wrought on her behalf.

    I don't this case is cold, quite the contrary. If posters and bloggers are still hot and bothered, you can bet LE is. mo

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    385
    I am not much for conspiracy theories, but there is something going on here. There is no way a bunch of drug induced young ones can fool a whole town of LE. There needs to be some kind of law that would let FDLE or FBI step in at some point. I think the drug arrests were made to appease the people. Well, hey, that doesn't work for me, or for most of us here. I do think PCSO is doing their best. I think they are not getting much cooperation. Just my feelings, very frustrated feelings.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,853
    Hope this isn't a repeat, but here's wiki's (I know) definition of a cold case. I agree with wiki, what's written so far. I also relate it to Haleigh's case not being cold, although I'm not a parent who has a child or an adult family member missing. I'm sure they could add to this definition.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_case_(criminology)

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I've heard they all think she is heartless and have compared her to a serial killer.

    I'd have to agree with them, I think both she and Ronald are very evil people.
    I think Misty's hard-not evil. I think Tommy is in a whole other league. Watching him & listening to him, just blows my mind. Is he evil? I think so. There are times, when he seems sincere about Linsey, but that's about it. I see a coldness that I just don't get from the others. I would compare HIM, not Misty to a serial killer. There was a jail conversation, between Misty & her dad. He told her that if some work didn't come up, he & Lisa were gonna have to move. Misty freaked, & said something to the effect of, 'you guys aren't gonna come see me, anymore?' She was crying & obviously upset, & her dad told her that her brother wanted to know why she hated him. Misty, a mess, said that she loved her brother, blah, blah, blah...well, I took this as a huge manipulation from Hank, & haven't much cared for him since. The message was clear, IMO...'love your brother, or you're on your own'. I may have completely misinterpreted this exchange, because of retractions, but that's how I saw it. So, IMO, Misty, even if she wanted to do the right thing, might not, under the fear of family desertion. especially, if she does feel some love for that brother. She has turned this into an 'us against the law' kind of thing. I've seen her hate Tommy & be disgusted by him, but he is her brother, & she's still very young, so IDK. This family is so dysfunctional, I can't figure out what makes them tick...besides drugs. I see Ron, in a different light. not necessarily evil, not necessarily hard, but very immature & self oriented. In my mind, I refer to him as an 'extreme self-preservationist'. Ron looks out for Ron. Haleigh's gone, she's not coming back, so it's time to take care of Ron.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    I think Misty's hard-not evil. I think Tommy is in a whole other league. Watching him & listening to him, just blows my mind. Is he evil? I think so. There are times, when he seems sincere about Linsey, but that's about it. I see a coldness that I just don't get from the others. I would compare HIM, not Misty to a serial killer. There was a jail conversation, between Misty & her dad. He told her that if some work didn't come up, he & Lisa were gonna have to move. Misty freaked, & said something to the effect of, 'you guys aren't gonna come see me, anymore?' She was crying & obviously upset, & her dad told her that her brother wanted to know why she hated him. Misty, a mess, said that she loved her brother, blah, blah, blah...well, I took this as a huge manipulation from Hank, & haven't much cared for him since. The message was clear, IMO...'love your brother, or you're on your own'. I may have completely misinterpreted this exchange, because of retractions, but that's how I saw it. So, IMO, Misty, even if she wanted to do the right thing, might not, under the fear of family desertion. especially, if she does feel some love for that brother. She has turned this into an 'us against the law' kind of thing. I've seen her hate Tommy & be disgusted by him, but he is her brother, & she's still very young, so IDK. This family is so dysfunctional, I can't figure out what makes them tick...besides drugs. I see Ron, in a different light. not necessarily evil, not necessarily hard, but very immature & self oriented. In my mind, I refer to him as an 'extreme self-preservationist'. Ron looks out for Ron. Haleigh's gone, she's not coming back, so it's time to take care of Ron.

    This is also the way she coped with Ron, TN, and GGS. I sure would like to know how often she talks with the matriarchs of that family...


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    586
    The players are in jail and have not told the truth.
    Sadly it is cold.


    jmho
    Only the dead have seen the end of War.
    Plato

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Ga.
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonni Brenda View Post
    I think it may be cold now, but could heat up later when those "ususual people" sitting in jail who know what happen get tired of sittin there. Hope that is in Jan. when Misty's date comes up for Putnam Co.
    Merry Christmas to everyone. Be safe! It's snowing in Georgia!
    Well, looks lilke my hopes were dashed today when Misty was sentenced...she's not one bit smarter that she was from day one.... this case is definitely ICE... too bad for Haleigh her mom and brother.
    Last edited by Nonni Brenda; 01-10-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: sp
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    12,569
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
    I am not much for conspiracy theories, but there is something going on here. There is no way a bunch of drug induced young ones can fool a whole town of LE. There needs to be some kind of law that would let FDLE or FBI step in at some point. I think the drug arrests were made to appease the people. Well, hey, that doesn't work for me, or for most of us here. I do think PCSO is doing their best. I think they are not getting much cooperation. Just my feelings, very frustrated feelings.
    I keep hoping that we will see that an external investigation is being conducted on this case and the way it was handled from the beginning. IMO the case needs an agency from outside of Putnam County LE to review this case as well as to audit the investigation of this case.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    Is there a Florida statute that would allow the case to be classified as cold? (like a period of time without any new evidence) OR is it the handling LE that has to classify the case as cold? just wondering..... i know there are no statute of limitations to charging someone for murder...again just wondering..TIA
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by lil momma View Post
    Is there a Florida statute that would allow the case to be classified as cold? (like a period of time without any new evidence) OR is it the handling LE that has to classify the case as cold? just wondering..... i know there are no statute of limitations to charging someone for murder...again just wondering..TIA
    My understanding is since the case has been classified a homicide by LE the case does not ever have to be classified as a cold case..Under those circumstance no information gathered or or obtained by LE concerning the case has to be released...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. UK UK - George Wilson, 41, Nottingham, 8 Sept 1963
    By wfgodot in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-31-2016, 05:20 PM
  2. FL - Volunteer "cold case" team in Hillsborough County, 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 09:53 AM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 11:48 PM
  5. A look at "Cold Case Squads"
    By mysteriew in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 09:26 PM