816 users online (113 members and 703 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,762

    Student taken to burn center after fire incident at School

    Not sure if this is a crimes related issue or an isolated one yet...but thought it worth posting for a variety of reasons.
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...gnet-lockdown/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Hmmmmm very interesting, thanks for posting it. I read many of the comments but......it still sounds like he may have been bringing an explosive device to school.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Hmmmmm very interesting, thanks for posting it. I read many of the comments but......it still sounds like he may have been bringing an explosive device to school.
    or a hate crime, or a horrible prank gone wrong, or a tragic freak accident. Hopefully we hear more information about what really happened. My thoughts are with this poor child.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,762
    Aaron Williams died from his burns yesterday.
    It appears it was a suicide attempt. My heart goes out to his family, because something made this child hurt so deeply that he saw no other alternative.

    Please let it not be the result of bullying or any sort of hate crime.
    RIP, Aaron.

    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...s-prove-fatal/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Aaron Williams died from his burns yesterday.
    It appears it was a suicide attempt. My heart goes out to his family, because something made this child hurt so deeply that he saw no other alternative.

    Please let it not be the result of bullying or any sort of hate crime.
    RIP, Aaron.

    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...s-prove-fatal/
    So, so sad. Just heartbreaking for everyone involved. I can't help but think about all the school children that unexpectedly witnessed such a horrific tragedy that day.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,304
    Such a sad day. Rest in Peace Aaron

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    This hits close to home for me. I was raised in Charleston and a friend of mine teaches at the school where this child was a student. God bless his friends and family.

    Suicide by setting yourself on fire is very rare - indicative of a troubled mind. Such a heartbreaking waste.

    PS - since no crime has occurred, I think this thread was started in the wrong place.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    This hits close to home for me. I was raised in Charleston and a friend of mine teaches at the school where this child was a student. God bless his friends and family.

    Suicide by setting yourself on fire is very rare - indicative of a troubled mind. Such a heartbreaking waste.

    PS - since no crime has occurred, I think this thread was started in the wrong place.
    Hits close to home for me, as well.

    No crime committed, except... until we know, which we never will...we don't know why. Children attempt (and succeed) suicide because of crimes committed against them, that they feel they cannot talk about for many reasons.

    Mods- feel free to move to a more appropriate forum if necessary. Sadly there are so many of these that perhaps they need a thread of their own.

    To Aaron and family

    I know this is not where it ended, but it doesn't matter.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

    And...a thought for those about donations made in Aaron's memory. Just an idea. http://www.musckids.com/burncenter/index.htm


    Oriah
    Last edited by Oriah; 12-16-2010 at 01:30 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    Rest In Peace Aaron.
    I'm sorry things were so bad you felt you had to leave in such a horrible way.

    I hope you have peace now.

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.



Similar Threads

  1. GA - Student's leg to be amputated today after incident with teacher
    By Peppermintswirlz in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2016, 02:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
  3. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 09:58 PM
  4. Third largest fire in East Texas History continues to burn!
    By momtective in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 01:13 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 09:47 PM