Student taken to burn center after fire incident at School

Hmmmmm very interesting, thanks for posting it. I read many of the comments but......it still sounds like he may have been bringing an explosive device to school.

Hmmmmm very interesting, thanks for posting it. I read many of the comments but......it still sounds like he may have been bringing an explosive device to school.

or a hate crime, or a horrible prank gone wrong, or a tragic freak accident. Hopefully we hear more information about what really happened. My thoughts are with this poor child.

Aaron Williams died from his burns yesterday.
It appears it was a suicide attempt. My heart goes out to his family, because something made this child hurt so deeply that he saw no other alternative.

Please let it not be the result of bullying or any sort of hate crime. :(
RIP, Aaron.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/dec/10/teens-burns-prove-fatal/

So, so sad. Just heartbreaking for everyone involved. I can't help but think about all the school children that unexpectedly witnessed such a horrific tragedy that day.

This hits close to home for me. I was raised in Charleston and a friend of mine teaches at the school where this child was a student. God bless his friends and family.

Suicide by setting yourself on fire is very rare - indicative of a troubled mind. Such a heartbreaking waste.

PS - since no crime has occurred, I think this thread was started in the wrong place.

This hits close to home for me. I was raised in Charleston and a friend of mine teaches at the school where this child was a student. God bless his friends and family.

Suicide by setting yourself on fire is very rare - indicative of a troubled mind. Such a heartbreaking waste.

PS - since no crime has occurred, I think this thread was started in the wrong place.

Hits close to home for me, as well.

No crime committed, except... until we know, which we never will...we don't know why. Children attempt (and succeed) suicide because of crimes committed against them, that they feel they cannot talk about for many reasons.

Mods- feel free to move to a more appropriate forum if necessary. Sadly there are so many of these that perhaps they need a thread of their own.

To Aaron and family

I know this is not where it ended, but it doesn't matter.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

And...a thought for those about donations made in Aaron's memory. Just an idea. http://www.musckids.com/burncenter/index.htm

Oriah

Rest In Peace Aaron.
I'm sorry things were so bad you felt you had to leave in such a horrible way.

I hope you have peace now.
4.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa