822 users online (79 members and 743 guests)  

Websleuths News

A police officer never knows

They start out to investigate a hang up 911 call, end up investigating the escape of a jungle cat and domestic violence.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...sfla-news-palm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Just an average day on the beat for Deputy Linda

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Just an average day on the beat for Deputy Linda
    has anyone ever seen the COPS program animals special? we get to play with pythons, vipers, alligators, parrots who bite HARD, whatever weird south american exotic someone decides to set "free" into the "wild", giant iguanas walking down the road, lions and tigers and bears oh my! then there's those 5 pound poisonous buffo toads. and monkeys, lots of monkeys.

I was thinking of you when I posted this deputylinda.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I was thinking of you when I posted this deputylinda.
    you're sweet...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    you're sweet...thanks!
    nevermind.

Why do ordinary citizens need to own wild animals? I will never understand it....every year we see stories of children losing an arm to a "pet" lion or tiger. Someone getting mauled and on and on........I saw an interview with Jack Hanna and he was pointing out how it takes hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions to build truely safe housing for wild cats and very few owners have the means or know how to do it.....