POLL - Kobe Bryant case dropped: How do you feel?

Yay or Nay

• Good - it should have been dropped!

Votes: 43 46.2%
  • Bad - it should had proceded!

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • No Opinion either way.

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Other... explain below

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters
Sorry for the grammar in the post choices ~ I can't edit LOL

The Criminal Case is dropped... but a civil suit will proceed...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$i'll bet the civil suit is settled out of court mysteriously.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think you are short a few dollar signs there Dep :D

She's only asking for $75000. You can bet your biffy that $75000 would not be near enough to keep me happy if I had been raped.

Then again, if I had been raped you wouldn't find other DNA in my underwear, I wouldn't refuse to testify and I wouldn't drop the case.

Just heard Dan Abrams and Roy Black on Today program discussing this - issue of apology statement came up - Black said what really happened, iho, was that agreement, in works for some time between defense attorneys and accuser's civil attorneys, Wood, was finally reached and money would soon be transferred to her account, didn't speculate on amount, because no way would Kobe's statement have been issued (why say nice things now about accuser) if there was any thought of a civil trial going to be pursued -- Abrams disagreed, saying no settlement has been reached and won't be until civil trial gets under way - I tend to agree with Black. Also, imo, amount will be lots more than $75K, especially if she signed a disclaimer about ever reporting the rumored lurid sex story.

cmadwolf said:
She's only asking for $75000. You can bet your biffy that $75000 would not be near enough to keep me happy if I had been raped.

Then again, if I had been raped you wouldn't find other DNA in my underwear, I wouldn't refuse to testify and I wouldn't drop the case.

If I had been raped, I wouldn't want money, I'd want the son of a locked up. This "victim" has been taking the cash from the beginning. Its obvious what her motives were in all of this.

Just another example of financial justice! Kobe has money and bought his way out. When asked how he knew she wanted to have sex he said "I saw it in her eyes"!!!!! That is an admission of rape in my book and he just got away with it by throwing money around and having an incredibly biased judge did not help justice prevail.

PS Kobe does not have enough money to have sex with me.

Kobe did not buy his way out. He did not give any money to the "victim." The "victim" is the one who decided that she did not want to proceed with the case.

I highly doubt that Kobe would have been convicted had the case been tried - especially since they we going to bring in the evidence showing that she had sex with someone else within a day of the alleged rape. What rape victim has sex less than 24 hours after being raped?

The real victims here are actual rape victims who will be less likely to be taken seriously now when they report that they have been raped - especially by a celebrity.

I forgot to add that this is all just my opinion based on what I know about the case at this time.

cmadwolf said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its quite obvious now what the AV is/was up to and since in civ. court things that wouldnt be admissable in crim. court ARE shes in for it!!

I hope she doesnt get a dime but thats moo!!!!!!

Don't believe everything the defense team spins in the media. The rumor of sex with someone else is still only a rumor instigated and spread by the KST. How did she know he would have sex with her? How could she know he would injure her?
Why did he apologize? There is ONLY one reason!

No Kobe did not pay her but he spent several million to destroy her life and insure that she would drop the charges. I wonder how much he paid the judge to release her name "accidently", not ONCE, not TWICE but THREE times.

I believe that those that feel she set him up in some way and was only after his money are projecting what their intentions might have been.

Why did Kobe decide to apologize and settle minutes AFTER his statement "I saw it in her eyes that she wanted me" was released in the media?

I hope she owns Kobe when this is over. And Pamela Mackey is the most disgusting excuse for a human being on this earth. She deserves to be married to Scott Peterson. They are both very sick individuals.

I agree with soloflyer..

if the alleged victim was goldbricking, I believe the prosecutor would have had an idea about that and not decided to prosecute.

It would be very interesting if we all knew the facts of the case instead of rumors etc..

Just from what I see happened to the Lakers basketball team, shows me how self centered Kobe Bryant is.

Whatever the case, I hope no one else's daughter is in the same situation with a celebrity. Pamela Mackey et all play a very mean game of hardball, that most of us could not stay in the game with.

justice?

Has anyone been watching Court TV closing arguments today?

Whoa!.. Nancy grace... eyes flashing, lips smacking ~ she is totally peeved that the case against Kobe is dropped for the almighty buck!!

A sad day for Lady Justice she says...

Kobe was required by the prosecution/"vicitm" to give an apology in order for them to drop the case. That apology was not an admission or indication of guilt.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
I have not heard anything that leads me to believe that Kobe was guilty of raping this girl.

I am sorry but it is very naive to think that the prosecution would not have prosecuted the case if they thought that the girl wasn't telling the truth.

I agree Princess - I dont understand those who still swear she was raped. There is NOTHING in the world that would stop me from bringing a rape case against those who violated me, if I had been raped. NOTHING! I believe fully that she was in this for the money. I also believe that fallicious cases such as these make actual rape victims weary of coming forward. If I were Mr Bryant, I would now sue this lady for slander.

You presume the defendent is innocent but the victim is guilty? There is something wrong with that type of thinking, so I shall wish you good luck and God forbid a man with some money sees it in your eyes that you want rough sex while he holds you by the neck. If that wasn't fun wait until you attempt to press charges and his attornies find weasels that will swear to anything for the allmighty greenback and your life is destroyed. A judge that throws out rape shield laws and openly adores the defendant, a rape counselor that tried to sell her therapy session notes and people that do not know her accusing her of everything from a troublemaker to a moneyhungry *advertiser censored* tends to make people leery of seeking justice.

You could give the victim the same respect you give the defendant. He apologized because he was wrong. Read the confession, he states that he KNOWS she did not think it was consentual. That is rape! No ifs, ands or buts!

Soloflyer -

Could you please refer me to the confession. I have not seen it.

I did not say that the girl is guily - I said that in the US a person is innocent until proven guilty.

The medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden, said that the bruising and minor lacerations could have come from consensual sex - There is no evidence of rough sex.

I have no sympathy for Kobe. He messed around on his wife and frankly I think he would have continued to had none of this happened (who knows, maybe he still does). I just don't think that there has been enough evidence presented to prove that he is guilty. Given the facts: she has accepted $20,000 - way more than the typical vicitm collects from victims rights organizations, she refuses to testify, she had other DNA on her besides Kobe's and they dismissed the case I don't see how you can assume that she really was raped.

I agree that the way the judge behaved was inexcusable.
This is all just my opion. I enjoy debating but I don't intend to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

Wait - by "confession" do you mean the apology? This is what he said: "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."
He said that now he realizes that she did not view it as consensual. He did not say that at the time they had sex he thought that it was not consensual.

She may have went along with it at the time but in her head she didn't want to - if he is not a mind reader and she didn't say "No" or act uncomfortable or anything then how would he know at that time that she did not want to have sex?
The prosecution required this apology as part of having the case dismissed - I am sure there were requirements for what he had to say - the prosecution may have even written the apology.

I voted "other" cause I am not sure how I feel. I go back and forth. I don't know if it is all about money or not. I agree no matter what this hurts rape victims, period. Even if Kobe is innocent or guilty, the victims decisions have hurt rape victims, in my opinion.
And at the risk of being blasted, I think the girl was very irresponsible to go to his room after work. I am not saying she ask for it, I don't mean that. Just that by doing so she may have given someone the idea that she wouldn't say no. But no matter what Kobe was/is married. He was wrong even if it was consensual.
See I am confused, can't you tell?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back