GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Thanks for the new thread... :))

They won't be able to cross the border by car or foot unless they can somehow do it without being seen (in other words, illegally). With documentation needed, there's no way they can do it in a lawful manner...unless he somehow either has a passport or certified copy of a birth certificate for both of them.

I think you can cross into Mexico by foot w/o a passport, but you can't return w/o one. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading this on the McStay thread.

(Thanks for the new thread... :))

I think you can cross into Mexico by foot w/o a passport, but you can't return w/o one. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading this on the McStay thread.

Getting there by land, I believe you have to have, at the minimum, a photo ID or some other proof of citizenship (certified BC). I'm sure she has none of these with her and I think he'd be leery of showing an ID if asked.

I don't have time to read every page about this case, but these are my opinions based on the several pages I have read:

A $29.95 tent must be a very small one and the cheapest sold. He's probably cash poor. Since he walked into a store that definitely has cameras and bought a tent suggests little to no advance planning and a low level of intelligence or common sense on his part. He didn't even lose the goatee. Unreal. He's hanging onto that goatee the same way I would NOT cut my mullet in middle school.

Another noticeable thing in the photo is how easy it would've been for Brittany to have turned and ran back into the store, screaming for help. I'm not in any way suggesting that she's going along with him willingly. It's just an observation.

It may be only a matter of time before he does home invasions in order to get food, money, clothing, and to warm up for a while. He's a big ole boy and can probably kick a door down with one swing of the leg. My dogs are barking here in east Tennessee and I have some 00 buck locked and loaded just in case. :dance:

These days, there are a lot of foreclosed homes he could probably squat in for a while. Let's hope he isn't that bright.

Whew....went to reply to Japandaa and couldn't find the quote button. Thought I was sent to my room for punishment for something.

I'm thinking a 12 yr old could handle the basics of driving. They've been raised on video games. But they probably would drive like a drunk driver.

Japandaaa can you even recall a figure, the size, shape of who was in the vehicle? You think maybe hypnosis could help you remember?

No. It caught me by surprise since I had to slow down. I never got a glimpse at who was driving because I was more focused on the car and thinking how stupid they were for running a STOP sign while speeding.

It does seem like inside a Walmart, she would have had a chance to run. There is no way it wasn't crowded on a Friday night, I would guess. Of course he may have threatened her, but that might have been her best chance...I doubt he will bring her into such a large and busy place again..

It does seem like inside a Walmart, she would have had a chance to run. There is no way it wasn't crowded on a Friday night, I would guess. Of course he may have threatened her, but that might have been her best chance...I doubt he will bring her into such a large and busy place again..

I swear this reminds me of Elizabeth Smart - all the missed chances she had. However, she only sees now as an adult that she could/should have taken those chances. She said as a 12-yr-old child, she was too afraid, too controlled by Brian David Mitchell.

Whew....went to reply to Japandaa and couldn't find the quote button. Thought I was sent to my room for punishment for something.

I'm thinking a 12 yr old could handle the basics of driving. They've been raised on video games. But they probably would drive like a drunk driver.

Hahaha. Yeah. I went to quote you and it said the thread was closed.

I taught myself how to drive at the age of 13 years old ( took my mom's car without permission ) and it wasn't THAT hard to drive, but it was hard to handle. Luckily I only made it around the block before I felt guilty. LOL.

I seriously wonder why the LE can't give out the location of where it was found. If it was anywhere up past Texas Hollow Dr or Alleghany Dr, then I know for a fact that was one of them or both of them. There's tons of places around here to ditch a car. They have to have a reason why they are holding the location, which makes me think that maybe it had something to do with the murder itself. I don't really know.

I can't remember if anyone has said so, but did anyone see TS's car at her house on Friday morning and/or night ?

At that point on Friday night she may not have known what had happened exactly to her mom. She may have just thought there was a fight. He may have given her his keys and told her to leave and he'd deal with an upset mother. She may have thought the trip to Walmart was to get camping gear because he told her that Mom said they had to get out of the house. Could explain her looking nervous in the photo. She could have been scared to death thinking her mom just tossed her out at 12.

I don't have time to read every page about this case, but these are my opinions based on the several pages I have read:

A $29.95 tent must be a very small one and the cheapest sold. He's probably cash poor. Since he walked into a store that definitely has cameras and bought a tent suggests little to no advance planning and a low level of intelligence or common sense on his part. He didn't even lose the goatee. Unreal. He's hanging onto that goatee the same way I would NOT cut my mullet in middle school.

Another noticeable thing in the photo is how easy it would've been for Brittany to have turned and ran back into the store, screaming for help. I'm not in any way suggesting that she's going along with him willingly. It's just an observation.

It may be only a matter of time before he does home invasions in order to get food, money, clothing, and to warm up for a while. He's a big ole boy and can probably kick a door down with one swing of the leg. My dogs are barking here in east Tennessee and I have some 00 buck locked and loaded just in case. :dance:

These days, there are a lot of foreclosed homes he could probably squat in for a while. Let's hope he isn't that bright.
If we knew the date of mom's death, it would help alot. She could have been alive when they went to Walmart. If Brittany knew that her mom was dead and he did it, he could have told her any number of things to keep her quiet in Walmart, ie. I will kill you if you saying or do anything out of the way. Just like the Smart girl, they took her into town and everything, right?
And you're right, he does not seem bright at all. He'll mess up, just hope it's in time to find Brittany alive.

Getting there by land, I believe you have to have, at the minimum, a photo ID or some other proof of citizenship (certified BC). I'm sure she has none of these with her and I think he'd be leery of showing an ID if asked.

I'm thinking buddy boy probably can't habla the ole espanol very well. He's going to be in way over his head if he goes down to Mexico. No money. No home. No employment opportunity. A major case of traveler's diarrhea. A frustrating language barrier. People constantly trying to sell him Chicklet chewing gum and various trinkets.

Regarding Mexico's entry requirements, from the State Dept's website:

Since March 1, 2010, all U.S. citizens – including children – have been required to present a valid passport or passport card for travel beyond the “border zone” into the interior of Mexico. The “border zone” is generally defined as an area within 20 to 30 kilometers of the border with the U.S., depending on the location. Regardless of the destination in Mexico, however, all U.S. citizens age 16 or older must present a valid U.S. passport or passport card to re-enter the U.S., even by land.

Having posted this, I really don't think they're headed that far. I'm sure folks at the border are on the lookout, but I don't think he planned that far in advance. And I think folks on the run usually go to places they know first - know where to hide, the back roads, etc - while they plan and think of what to do next.

OT: And I hope my computer isn't checked soon by LE... If so, please let them know that I was not planning on entering Mexico, or camping in northern Alabama, etc, etc...:cool:

Regarding Mexico's entry requirements, from the State Dept's website:

Having posted this, I really don't think they're headed that far. I'm sure folks at the border are on the lookout, but I don't think he planned that far in advance. And I think folks on the run usually go to places they know first - know where to hide, the backgrounds, etc - while they plan and think of what to do next.

OT: And I hope my computer isn't checked soon by LE... If so, please let them know that I was not planning on entering Mexico, or camping in northern Alabama, etc, etc...:cool:

If they ever checked mine, dear Lord, they'd think I had serious issues! And most of it is for stuff I look up for cases here.

Seriously ! The Salem Walmart is nuts around those times. I try to avoid it as well. I was in there Friday night around 7pm to buy card stock and the place was hectic, especially with people buying Christmas items. I really think someone might have saw them, but just doesn't remember. Also, Walmart has cameras all over the place, especially back in the Sporting Goods section ; so is there no other video feed or photos that were taken that night ? There has to be another shot that was taken.

No. It caught me by surprise since I had to slow down. I never got a glimpse at who was driving because I was more focused on the car and thinking how stupid they were for running a STOP sign while speeding.

Perhaps you didn't see the driver because the head wasn't visible from behind. BS wasn't that tall, and maybe didn't adjust the seat before taking off in it.

Seriously ! The Salem Walmart is nuts around those times. I try to avoid it as well. I was in there Friday night around 7pm to buy card stock and the place was hectic, especially with people buying Christmas items. I really think someone might have saw them, but just doesn't remember. Also, Walmart has cameras all over the place, especially back in the Sporting Goods section ; so is there no other video feed or photos that were taken that night ? There has to be another shot that was taken.

A friend of mine works undercover security at Wal-Mart and they absolutely have cameras all ooooover the place. He walks around in plain clothes and has an earbud. If someone in the control room sees something on one of the cameras, they radio to him and he takes 'em down. So yes, cameras are everywhere. Perhaps the photo of them exiting was the clearest picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123