1536 users online (224 members and 1312 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Meteor Shower and Total Lunar Eclipse to Wow Skywatchers This Month

Skywatchers, grab your blankets. December's night sky spectacular will feature the best meteor shower of 2010 as well as the only total lunar eclipse of the year -- sights that should outshine any New Year's Eve fireworks display in terms of sheer wonder.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/201012...chersthismonth

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Thank you Dark Knight. I used to work with Astronomers doing voiceovers for their educational programs. It was very enlightening.

Thank you for posting this!
    John 14:6

So we bundled up last night to watch the meteor shower with the -2 windchill only to find clouds blocking our view. Hoping for a cloud-free night tonight in hopes of catching a few!

I'm also hoping next Monday is cloudless so we can watch the lunar eclipse!
    “The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment.” ~Bertrand Russell

The Lunar Eclipse is tonight. Sadly it's cloudy here.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

cloudy here too - snowclouds that is

)-;

I will be outside tonight, brrrrrrrrr.

Outside... cold and cloudy... again.
    “The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment.” ~Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpRising View Post
    Outside... cold and cloudy... again.
    Yes, Portland is socked in too.

It is celebrated as a refraction of light where the earth moves inbetween the sun and the moon, a celestial event. There are 3 days that follow when families can regroup and put any unhappiness between them to rest. Make things right between themselves. This video, tho 8 min long, does show what a master event this is.

The next time the Winter Solstice and a Lunar eclipse will occur on the same day is in 2094. The last time this occured was in 1698. Amazing.

For me this comes from the goodness of our creator, no matter what religion we are. It is universal and of great magnitude. xox

Last edited by KateB; 06-12-2015 at 09:23 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Cool

Very cool! We were just outside to see it with telescope and binoculars. Amazingly, no cloud cover and minimal light pollution! From far away, the moon looks red!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I just drug the scope and cameras back in from observing the eclipse... offloading over 7 gigs of work... hopefully I got a good shot or 2. I'll post images in the next couple of days.

overcast in AZ (very rare) so caught it online on NASA streaming video -- happy days
    Just My Opinion

Caught a few glimpses through the breaks in the clouds No great pics... ok, but my camera's not that good...

I got some pretty cool photos, but didn't bother using my tripod or anything for when it was totally covered, so it's kinda blurry. It was clear as a bell here! I was so lucky.

Before the eclipse

A progression

Oooone more before I went to bed...though I couldn't hold the camera still enough to get a clear shot with the settings I was using, and I was too lazy to go get the tripod from my truck

It was beautiful to watch
    "A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones

Wink

Think any witches were concerned about "Blood On the Moon"??? It was also the Winter Solstice.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast