1283 users online (295 members and 988 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever wonder what kinds of things are left behind at hotels/motels?

Next time you check out of a hotel, be sure to look for your cell phone charger.

Grand Strand hotel workers say chargers are the most common thing guests leave behind - but it's not at all the strangest.

Sex toys, canes, toothbrushes, camping cots and full liquor bottles are some of the weird things Greg Williams, president of Myrtle Beach Rooms for Rent, says he finds.

"Once we found a triple-X movie sitting in the VCR, so I ended up mailing it to [the teenage guests'] parents," Williams said.

Kyle Mitchell, owner and operator of Sea Palms Motel, said he was surprised at finding g-string underwear.

"They never did come back and get it," he said.

Hotels will hold on to items until guests call about them, but the workers say many items go unclaimed.

"They usually call back for their teeth," said Joe Towery, assistant controller at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront, where Towery says false teeth have been left on nightstands.

When guests do call about their belongings, the guests usually pay for shipping charges.

A look through the 90-day lost and found at Fairfield Inn reveals piles of clothing and bed linens, the things hotel workers say are most commonly left and not often claimed.

"Unless it's someone we absolutely know, we don't call" to tell them they left something, said Elizabeth Pitino at Fairfield.

Pitino logs the items with the room number and name of the guest.

After 90 days, the items are donated, thrown out or given to the maid or worker that found them.

"If they can't use them, there's usually someone in their neighborhood who can," she said.

During the Carolina Harley-Davidson Dealers Association Myrtle Beach Rally, "I had a lady who left a gun," Pitino said.

Towery also said they found an M1 Garand Rifle that was "absolutely gorgeous."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...ws/9520988.htm

when I was 10, I left my baby doll, who was a member of the family and would have become REAL (ala the Velveteen Rabbit) at a hotel in Washington DC. My parents called and tried for weeks to get her back. We never did. I was devastated.

I can imagine some of the, um, interesting things left behind.

In high school my sister was a maid for Motel 6, she found money, jewelery, and losta left over alcohol.

LOL Last summer some people left a bag of weed in the nightstand drawer of one of my vacation rentals. They were so bright they actually called and asked me if I would mail it to them lol.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    LOL Last summer some people left a bag of weed in the nightstand drawer of one of my vacation rentals. They were so bright they actually called and asked me if I would mail it to them lol.

Dont leave us in suspense...what did you tell them?
    And thats all I have to say about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Txswthrt5
    Dont leave us in suspense...what did you tell them?
    Tybee! did you smoke it or flush it??

LOL I told them not a chance I was mailing it and I disposed of it in an appropriate manner.

LOL I told them not a chance I was mailing it and I disposed of it in an appropriate manner.
    What a vague answer

Flush?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    What a vague answer
    LOL I have been working on a local campaign lately. Politics must be rubbing off on me.

appropriate manner?

LOL, some people would say the only appropriate way to dispose of a bag of weed would be to smoke it.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Well, we still don't know how it was disposed of............

LOL I have been working on a local campaign lately. Politics must be rubbing off on me.
    What are you saying??? you didn't inhale??

LOL I appropriatly disposed of it within the confines of the law.

Canada is legalizing marijuana... have you ever heard of anything crazier than that? but you can't smoke cigarettes anywhere

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast