Ever wonder what kinds of things are left behind at hotels/motels?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Next time you check out of a hotel, be sure to look for your cell phone charger.

Grand Strand hotel workers say chargers are the most common thing guests leave behind - but it's not at all the strangest.

Sex toys, canes, toothbrushes, camping cots and full liquor bottles are some of the weird things Greg Williams, president of Myrtle Beach Rooms for Rent, says he finds.

"Once we found a triple-X movie sitting in the VCR, so I ended up mailing it to [the teenage guests'] parents," Williams said.

Kyle Mitchell, owner and operator of Sea Palms Motel, said he was surprised at finding g-string underwear.

"They never did come back and get it," he said.

Hotels will hold on to items until guests call about them, but the workers say many items go unclaimed.

"They usually call back for their teeth," said Joe Towery, assistant controller at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront, where Towery says false teeth have been left on nightstands.

When guests do call about their belongings, the guests usually pay for shipping charges.

A look through the 90-day lost and found at Fairfield Inn reveals piles of clothing and bed linens, the things hotel workers say are most commonly left and not often claimed.

"Unless it's someone we absolutely know, we don't call" to tell them they left something, said Elizabeth Pitino at Fairfield.

Pitino logs the items with the room number and name of the guest.

After 90 days, the items are donated, thrown out or given to the maid or worker that found them.

"If they can't use them, there's usually someone in their neighborhood who can," she said.

During the Carolina Harley-Davidson Dealers Association Myrtle Beach Rally, "I had a lady who left a gun," Pitino said.

Towery also said they found an M1 Garand Rifle that was "absolutely gorgeous."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/sunnews/9520988.htm

when I was 10, I left my baby doll, who was a member of the family and would have become REAL (ala the Velveteen Rabbit) at a hotel in Washington DC. My parents called and tried for weeks to get her back. We never did. I was devastated.

I can imagine some of the, um, interesting things left behind. :rolleyes:

In high school my sister was a maid for Motel 6, she found money, jewelery, and losta left over alcohol.

LOL Last summer some people left a bag of weed in the nightstand drawer of one of my vacation rentals. They were so bright they actually called and asked me if I would mail it to them lol.

tybee204 said:
LOL Last summer some people left a bag of weed in the nightstand drawer of one of my vacation rentals. They were so bright they actually called and asked me if I would mail it to them lol.

Dont leave us in suspense...what did you tell them?

LOL I told them not a chance I was mailing it and I disposed of it in an appropriate manner.

tybee204 said:
LOL I told them not a chance I was mailing it and I disposed of it in an appropriate manner.
What a vague answer :angel:

Casshew said:
What a vague answer :angel:

LOL I have been working on a local campaign lately. Politics must be rubbing off on me.

tybee204 said:

LOL, some people would say the only appropriate way to dispose of a bag of weed would be to smoke it.

tybee204 said:
LOL I have been working on a local campaign lately. Politics must be rubbing off on me.
What are you saying??? you didn't inhale??

LOL I appropriatly disposed of it within the confines of the law.

Canada is legalizing marijuana... have you ever heard of anything crazier than that? but you can't smoke cigarettes anywhere :doh:

Just a small correction,

The Federal Government of Canada is proposing legislation to de-crimalize small amount of weed. Up to 10-15 grams.

If a person is caught with a specific small amount of weed, they could be subjected to a fine, not a criminal charge and subsequent proceedings.

There is a big difference between legalization of weed and the decrimilization of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back