PA PA - Falls Twp, Hisp/AsianMale 34-39, 1908UMPA, prior foot injury, diamond stud earring, May'93

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a newly listed DoeNet case:

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 2294
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1908umpa.html

No Image Available

Unidentified Hispanic or Asian Male

* The victim was discovered on May 16, 1993 in Falls Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
* Estimated Date of Death: May 1987 to May 1992.
* State of Remains: Unknown.
* Cause and Manner of Death: Gunshot wound.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated Age: 33-43 years old.
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" to 5'7" and unknown weight.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown hair and eye color.
* Medical: Injury sustained on left foot sometime during lifetime
that would have caused a noticeable limp.
* Dentals: Not available. Teeth are with the remains which are being held
at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.
* DNA: Unknown.
* Fingerprints: Not available.

Case History

The victim was found alongside the roadway in a ditch in Falls Township, Pennsylvania, on May 16, 1993.

This guy seems to fit the specs.

Emmanuel Almanzar

almanzar_emmanuel.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/almanzar_emmanuel.html

His height and age are spot-on. He appears to be Filipino, which would fit the Hispanic/Asian designation assigned to the UID.

He was last seen in Queens, NY, about 150 miles from Falls Township, PA.

The timeframe (about 5 months) is shorter than the 1-6 year postmortem interval estimated. But I don't think that this is too much of a negative.

There isn't any mention of foot problems that would cause a limp. But the info in him is quite thin anyway. That could have been something that they neglected to mention.

I left a message with Detective Dennis O'Connell of the Falls Township Police Department.

I got my call back from Det. McConnell. He was very polite, and thanked me for the info. Prior to calling me, he googled the name Emmanuel Almanzar and found this thread. He agreed that the info on Emmanuel seemed to fit pretty closely to that of his UID. He said that there is a highway that leads straight from NYC to Falls Township PA, so the location and distance of the body with respect to Emmanuel's point of last contact was not a problem.

I asked if there was a rule-out list, and he said that he is new to this case, and he hasn't looked at any other possibles. (I'm not sure, and didn't ask if there were any MP's looked at when the remains were found).

As indicated in DoeNet, there is no DNA, and of course since it is skeletal, there are no fingerprints. To his knowledge, there were no dental charts for this UID. But the remains are at the Smithsonian, and accessible for dental comparison, so he will have to contact the LE in New York to make necessary arrangements for a comparison.

I left him an e-mail address, and he will notify me if he finds out anything about this possible match.

any word Carl? I don't see either the UID or Emmanuel in Namus (not sure if they ever were in Namus).

any word Carl? I don't see either the UID or Emmanuel in Namus (not sure if they ever were in Namus).

No word yet. But this one is about due for a follow-up call.

ETA: I just left a voicemail message with Detective O'Connell

Here's an interesting possible match.

William Perez, Sr. was a murder victim whose body was disposed of by cohorts of the convicted killer, although none could remember where they disposed of the body. It was said that Perez suffered a gunshot to his head.

He was 5'8"-5'9" which was a little taller than the estimated height of the UID. The timing is right, he was murdered on or shortly after October 2, 1990. He had been abducted from Wilmington, DE which is just about one hour southwest of Falls Twp., Bucks County, PA.

As for a foot injury noted for the UID, Perez was noted to have had a prior fracture to an unknown bone.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perez_william.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6927/8/

Searching for missing men with injured left foot, I found Andrew James Armstrong Jr.
http://doenetwork.org/cases/3385dmpa.html

surgery on left foot as a child

height (5'8"), age (42) in range

missing January 1992, which is within range

missing from Oakland Township PA (note this is not the Oakland near Pittsburgh), which is quite a distance from Falls Township but a direct path via I-81. (https://goo.gl/maps/bXKP9DMh7k72). He might have fallen through thin ice on the Allegheny, but there's no confirmation on that and his body was never found.

But he's Caucasian, and looks it. A cursory search didn't turn up anything to indicate whether he might have mixed ancestry or anything.

I was going to submit Perez then in the middle of composing the email I realized that the only possible identifier at this time is dentals. Unfortunately, dentals are the only identifier Perez does not have.

If the Smithsonian has the UID's skull, isn't it possible to extract DNA from a molar?

This is a difficult case to query because of the possible mixed race factor. I can't find any possible matches in the middle atlantic region with dentals available. DNA would definitely be helpful in this case.

I noticed Namus says the remains appear to be South Asian or Hispanic. Sth Asian is generally India & the surrounding countries.

Given LE comments to Carl back in 2010 about there being a direct road link to NYC, what do others think of

Hipolito Flores
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/24799?nav fits the name, height and dates (missing March 1991 - since the UID was skeletonised this could work). Very few details in his Namus record to indicate any background to his MP report.

UID is not in Namus but is on the state's website for unidentified persons:

Since PA Missing is no longer, this is what was on my site in March 2017 (taken from the Wayback Machine):

Unidentified Asian or Hispanic Male
Found May 16, 1993 in Falls Township, Bucks County

Vital Statistics
Estimated Age:
34-39 years old
Estimated Height: 5'5"-5'7"
Weight: unknown
Eye Color: unknown
Hair Color: unknown
Distinguishing Characteristics: sustained an injury to the left foot during his life which would have caused a noticeable limp.
Clothing/Accessories: tattered remnants of Levi's jeans and two socks. One gold/diamond stud earring.
Estimated Time of Death: 1-5 years prior to being found
Cause of Death: Gunshot wounds
Fingerprints: not available
Dentals: available
DNA: not available

Case Details

On Sunday, May 16, 1993, the skeletal remains of this unknown man were discovered in a drainage ditch just off of the southbound lanes of Rte 1 near the Stony Hill Road overpass in Falls Twp.
Anthropologists determined cause of death to be two gunshot wounds, one to the head and one to the upper back. He was estimated to have been deceased one to five years but possibly as long as ten years prior to being found.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:

Falls Township Police Department
Detective Dennis O'Connell
215-302-3308

NamUs UP # 14636

Sources
Falls Township Police Department
NamUs

Pennsylvania Missing Persons and Unidentified Victims

Skeletal remains in Falls Township

May 16, 1993: The skeletal remains of a man estimated between 34 to 39 years old was found in the area of Route 1 South near the Stoney Hill Road overpass. The remains were found in a drainage ditch a short distance from the roadway. The remains were described as 5-feet-6 to 5-feet-7 inches tall and possibly of South Asian or Hispanic descent. Partial remains of a pair of Levi’s blue jeans and two socks were found near the remains. Authorities also found a gold and diamond stud earring. Authorities estimated he died between 1988 and 1992.

A new cold case nonprofit is hoping DNA can provide a name to this unidentified man found in the Delaware River in 2003.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back