The ten weirdest new animals of 2010, per Natl. Geographic.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pictures and descriptions;

papua-new-guinea-new-species-bat_27185_600x450.jpg

"Yoda Bat"

Photograph courtesy Piotr Naskrecki, Conservation International

This tube-nosed fruit bat—which became a Web sensation as "Yoda bat"—is just one of the roughly 200 species encountered during two scientific expeditions to Papua New Guinea in 2009, scientists announced in October.

Though seen on previous expeditions, the bat has yet to be formally documented as a new species, or even named. Like other fruit bats, though, it disperses seeds from the fruit in its diet, perhaps making the flying mammal crucial to its tropical rain forest ecosystem.

snub-nosed-sneezing-monkey-found-eaten_27911_600x450.jpg

Sneezing Snub-Nosed Monkey

Photograph courtesy Ngwe Lwin

A new monkey species in Myanmar is so snub-nosed that rainfall is said to makes it sneeze—but that's apparently the least of its problems, conservationists announced in October.

The only scientifically observed specimen (pictured) had been killed by local hunters the time researchers found it—and was eaten soon after.

ah SD, I needed one of your humorous posts this morning to get my day going. Everything that could go wrong with the start of my day has, time to laugh, chuckle, smile and get my day rolling a new direction!

Love the youda bat! So ugly its adorable, lol

ah SD, I needed one of your humorous posts this morning to get my day going. Everything that could go wrong with the start of my day has, time to laugh, chuckle, smile and get my day rolling a new direction!

Love the youda bat! So ugly its adorable, lol

I hope your day goes better. If you have a bad day remember it's still a Friday!

Love your bizarre news posts SD. I think that sneezing monkey might be a baby sasquatch. :waitasec:

harryandthehendersons.jpg

Yuck. It looks a little too human-like to stick a fork in.

Nothing is more frightening then your Chicken photos! :banghead:

The monkey/ape looks like a sweetie to me, :truce: :angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken