Where Are You From??

SunnieRN

Reaction score
When asking MurriFlower where she was from, I ha an idea. The world is a huge place. I was wondering where people were from and if their location influenced their feelings on the Ramsey case.

I'll start. I'm recently transplanted to TX. I think I am more influenced in my opinion from when I first heard of the case in CA. Most people I know there had many reasons for believing the R's were guilty.

Next.... Be as generalized or specific as you would like. Thank you!

I am from NE Georgia. We discussed this at work for months, most thought one of the R's did it, some thought a *advertiser censored* ring involvement which included the parents. When Lou Smit's theory came out in the movie we all felt bad that we thought it was the Ramsey's. Then we looked at the Ramsey's actions after JB's death and started leaning back to the R's and that is where the people I still talk to about the case are at. When Patsy passed away coverage on one of the Atlanta Stations included a friend saying she was there at the end and Patsy looked at her and said some things you just can't take back, and then slipped in a coma and died shortly afterwards. From that moment on I firmly believed Patsy did it (accidentally) and the great cover up followed. My friends and I all wish it could be an intruder but we don't think it is.

Born in Memphis. I've lived in Baton Rouge, LA; Newport, RI; Camp LeJeune, NC; Key West and Tallahassee, FL; Natchez, MS; several other towns in MS; Louisville and Hopkinsville, KY; LA, CA. Presently live in AR (I've lived in two towns in AR) and will be moving to TX mid-2011. And if I don't have a totally screwed-up accent, no one does!:dance:

My_Tee, your funny...

I was born in Cali, dad (if you want to call him that) was in the Navy. Moved to Fla, met my hubby and spent the last 19 years in Louisiana.

I was born in south central PA moved to Memphis, Tn when I was 18 and back to PA when I was 46 (seven years ago). Sometimes wished I had stayed in the south, not Memphis but somewhere down south.

I was born in south central PA moved to Memphis, Tn when I was 18 and back to PA when I was 46 (seven years ago). Sometimes wished I had stayed in the south, not Memphis but somewhere down south.
Oh no, not Memphis! Anywhere but Memphis! lol I would HATE to have to live in the Big M again!
And speaking of PA: Having lived all these places, NATURALLY I'm a die-hard Steelers fan! Go figure.

Wow, thank you everyone!! I hope more people post!! IIt is interesting to see how small our country is as well as how diverse. There is such a difference between North, South, East and West Coasts. And that is just in the US!!

My Tee Mouse, I can imagine you do have quite a unique accent!! I say Californians and West Coasters are the only ones without any accent!

When I was in FL last month, we had lunch in a restaurant. A patron at a table next to mine said, "I'd like sweet tea please." the waitress looked at her and said, "Honey, you're not in the South anymore, this is Florida. You're going to have to add sugar to your own tea."

lol

Wow, thank you everyone!! I hope more people post!! IIt is interesting to see how small our country is as well as how diverse. There is such a difference between North, South, East and West Coasts. And that is just in the US!!

My Tee Mouse, I can imagine you do have quite a unique accent!! I say Californians and West Coasters are the only ones without any accent!

When I was in FL last month, we had lunch in a restaurant. A patron at a table next to mine said, "I'd like sweet tea please." the waitress looked at her and said, "Honey, you're not in the South anymore, this is Florida. You're going to have to add sugar to your own tea."

lol
Hahaha! My son has a good friend who is originally from Ohio but lived in Memphis for about five years. When he moved back to Ohio, he called and fussed that he couldn't get sweet tea, but out of habit he'd still ask for it. All he got for his trouble was weird looks.

I hope other folks post too. It's nice having a mental picture of the "person behind the mask," so to speak. I know we have profiles that could be filled out, but most people here don't seem to do that. Maybe this thread will coax some into opening up a little.

Born and raised in New Jersey. Presently at my stated "location". But I am "from" the Mother Ship.

Born in Englewood, Colorado (lived there til age of 3) but raised in Costa Mesa/Huntington Beach, California (a few years in Minnesota between divorced parents). Lived in Boulder, Colorado from 2002-2005 and now we are back in Long Beach, California!

Up and down California my whole life. Grew up and lived in the L.A. area for 18 years, then went to college and spent 10 years in San Diego, now live in the S.F. Bay Area the last 22!

Up and down California my whole life. Grew up and lived in the L.A. area for 18 years, then went to college and spent 10 years in San Diego, now live in the S.F. Bay Area the last 22!

I grew up in East CC county, Pleasant Hill. I think we talked about that on Jaycees thread once!!

I'm from the Tri-State area in the NorthEast United States. In a lot of ways, my area is a lot like Boulder. A lot of the same atmosphere.

Born and raised in South Carolina, my husband went into the Air Force, and we moved to Tampa, Florida. Moved back to SC after his four years were up, and then we moved to Montana after he got a job as a Federal Agent...and then moved BACK to South Carolina. I MISS Montana though, and would move back there in a heartbeat. My dad lives here in SC, and his health isn't very good. That is the only reason that I am glad that we are here again.

Born and bred and currently residing Manhattan-ite. (I'm 30 years old.) I always thought the Ramseys were guilty - although I must admit, when I first heard about this case my first instinct was that they were guilty before I knew all the facts of the case. I had and have never known people like the Ramseys. The child beauty pageant stuff just always really freaked me out, I always thought that was an incredibly creepy thing, to sex up your practically toddler daughter. It was also clear to me from the start that Patsy had some pretty serious mental health issues. Let's just say it couldn't have been easy being one of her children. Ultimately the Ramseys always struck me as the kind of people whose primary goal is creating a 'facade' of the 'perfect family', when in reality there was probably lots of creepy stuff going on behind the doors of that home.

Wow, good thread, Sunnie! Would like to respond to lots of posters. MTM, I would love to hear your accent! I went to New York City once and a waitress thought I was from another country! I guess my Southern accent messed with her just a little bit.
Frigga, we lived in Long Beach when I was three, my first memories in life are of Long Beach, after that we moved to Indiana where I started school in the first grade. After first, we moved here and have been here since.
Here is in NW Georgia and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
LOL at the sweet tea in Florida. Everyone knows Florida is not part of the South (in any way except geographically).
I forgot, I was born in Texas then moved to California. Ya'll have to excuse me this morning, suffering through the flu and feeling yucky.
Loving everyone's posts. Hope those who haven't posted will join in soon!

Okay, I'll jump in here. Seems there are a lot of people here who have Texas connections. Me too. Born in Texas, lived in Texas, currently living in Texas, will probably... oh, nevermind -- I don't want to think about that.

Seriously, I have lived here all my life, but I like to travel the world. I could fill up the page with countries I've been to. Last trip was to Viet Nam, next trip planned will be to Costa Rica. My first international trip was to Russia years ago. Been hooked ever since on exploring other cultures -- it's my passion to meet and interact with people from all over the world. It's amazing how much we have in common, and how different we can be at the same time.

Okay, I'll jump in here. Seems there are a lot of people here who have Texas connections. Me too. Born in Texas, lived in Texas, currently living in Texas, will probably... oh, nevermind -- I don't want to think about that.

Seriously, I have lived here all my life, but I like to travel the world. I could fill up the page with countries I've been to. Last trip was to Viet Nam, next trip planned will be to Costa Rica. My first international trip was to Russia years ago. Been hooked ever since on exploring other cultures -- it's my passion to meet and interact with people from all over the world. It's amazing how much we have in common, and how different we can be at the same time.

otg, Texas will always have a place in my heart! Glad to see the posters here from Texas (amazing!). Have you been to Australia yet? It is my passion to go there at least once before I die. I do have friends there as I did business with a huge company there for ten years. I'm afraid the Bahamas is as far away as I have managed even though I had family in London for nine years and missed a golden opportunity to visit.

otg, Texas will always have a place in my heart! Glad to see the posters here from Texas (amazing!). Have you been to Australia yet? It is my passion to go there at least once before I die. I do have friends there as I did business with a huge company there for ten years. I'm afraid the Bahamas is as far away as I have managed even though I had family in London for nine years and missed a golden opportunity to visit.

Australia in about 1996. And I should tell you, if you do ever go, make sure you see New Zealand while you're in the neighborhood. I always thought it was the most beautiful country I had ever seen (at least until I went to Ireland).

When JBR was murdered I lived here in Western PA.
Small town most likely like Boulder, CO.
Small town LE.
No big murder cases.
Country setting in the hills.
Most people here at the time did think the Ramseys had something to do with
JBR death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads