Emotional Ups & Downs Regarding the Case

Aedrys

If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
Reaction score
I hope it's okay to start this kind of thread. There's one just like it in the Zahra case, and I feel as the trial nears, we will need a place to give each other hugs and remain steadfast in our support of Caylee and seeing this case through to justice for Caylee.

I have been following this case since day one, for over two years now. My emotions have run the gamut at differents times, but I find myself getting emotional as we are at the six month mark before Casey's trial. Tomorrow is the two year anniversary of when Caylee's remains were found. It was just like yesterday that I remember her being found. We all knew that second. And when Dr. Go confirmed it, it was like a stab to my heart. I'll never forget that either. It's like it's all coming back to me, and making me sad. It's like all fresh when it first happened, and I had forgotten how deep my emotions run with this case. But, it's also making me remember why I'm still here and why I am going to be here until that day the gavel comes down and the verdict is "Guilty!".

Thanks to everyone for being on this very bumpy ride with me. We all just need to hang in there a little longer. It's coming, and it's so close I can taste it! I will never forget you, Caylee. You were the first to bring me into following cases like I do now, and you won't be the last. I can't wait until that day that justice is finally served for you. I'm just sorry it's taken so long to get there. My husband thinks I'm crazy for following a case so long, but I can't help it. I can't just can't let this murdered little baby girl go.

What has the emotional toll of this case been for everyone else? *big group hugs to everyone following this case*

we used to have rant threads that served as a similar purpose .... I've missed them.

I've cried more tears for caylee anthony than I could count in 10 lifetimes.

great idea Aedrys. I know the Zahra one has been a huge help when you just need to go OT for minute and rant rage or cry. I was surprised that there weren't already such threads for our other angel forums. I think we wil be seeing more and more of these threads on the other forum as folks realize their value.

I hope it's okay to start this kind of thread. There's one just like it in the Zahra case, and I feel as the trial nears, we will need a place to give each other hugs and remain steadfast in our support of Caylee and seeing this case through to justice for Caylee.

I have been following this case since day one, for over two years now. My emotions have run the gamut at differents times, but I find myself getting emotional as we are at the six month mark before Casey's trial. Tomorrow is the two year anniversary of when Caylee's remains were found. It was just like yesterday that I remember her being found. We all knew that second. And when Dr. Go confirmed it, it was like a stab to my heart. I'll never forget that either. It's like it's all coming back to me, and making me sad. It's like all fresh when it first happened, and I had forgotten how deep my emotions run with this case. But, it's also making me remember why I'm still here and why I am going to be here until that day the gavel comes down and the verdict is "Guilty!".

Thanks to everyone for being on this very bumpy ride with me. We all just need to hang in there a little longer. It's coming, and it's so close I can taste it! I will never forget you, Caylee. You were the first to bring me into following cases like I do now, and you won't be the last. I can't wait until that day that justice is finally served for you. I'm just sorry it's taken so long to get there. My husband thinks I'm crazy for following a case so long, but I can't help it. I can't just can't let this murdered little baby girl go.

What has the emotional toll of this case been for everyone else? *big group hugs to everyone following this case*

A special thanks to you for this, Aedrys, hugs.

I know what you mean, Aedrys. Sometimes I forget that Caylee is no longer here because my heart so wishes that she was.

oxoxox

Thank you, Aedrys, for this thread. Got chills reading your lovely post. So true, and relevant. Even though we all don't know each other personally, I feel a close bond with you all. Even when we disagree, there is a kindred-spirit feeling to traveling this road together. Perhaps it is Caylee's smiling spirit nodding her approval.

Aedrys, I'm greatful to you for this thread. Thank you.
Emotional rollercoaster seems to be how I feel about Caylee. I feel so sad and sorry that we in the cyber world care more about Caylee than her own flesh and blood. At the same time I think how much better off Caylee is now then growing up in that rats nest of a family. But to think of what her last moments of life must have been like are too much for me. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

My following this is exactly like your's Aedrys ~ from day one.

So many of your emotions and feelings have mimicked mine also.
As your family thinks that you are crazy for following this so closely, so has mine! Though they also know, to just "leave Mom alone".

I only read on a couple of forums ~ Here and TCD, occasionally Hinky. It's to hard to keep up with all of them, and I know there are so many.
I so appreciate those that have detailed the many documents, videos, interviews and etc that they do and can bring those items at the snap of a finger. Ask, and you shall recieve, just like that. So many that are on top of everything.
We are so lucky to have them joined here to share their knowledge of the law, and, to also keep us up updated at all times without giving it a second hesitation at all.

I may "sit around" on the few forums that I mentioned more than others because of medical conditions that keep me bed-ridden the majority of my time.
In that respect, the pain of that, compiled with the emotional pain of this has been great. Granted, yes, I could find other things on the internet to do that wouldn't aggrivate my condition, but, it's so small in comparision to what Caylee endured that last moments of her life, and even perhaps, the last weeks or months.
I HOPE that whatever happened, that her death resulted in a one "ordeal", you know what I mean??

My tv is on all day and night, to the news channels, FOX, CNN and HLN's, always waiting for any update on this case ~

I remember also like it was yesterday, and, not 2yrs ago when we saw the live action of LE, and the crime scene vans pulling into Suburban Drive that rainy, overcast afternoon.
I knew in my heart also that was finally Caylee being brought home to where she belonged.
Little would I have ever thought, that we would find out a few days later, that her grandparents had been whisked off in a limo to enjoy their supper that night, while I sat glued to the tv.
I cried.
I knew that it was this little soul that had asked for nothing in her short life, nor had done anything wrong.
I cried the day that Dr. G gave her formal press conferance, confirming what we all already knew.

I remember every webcam outburst that we saw = from Cindy obssesivly putting her crime scene up and hammering the little wooden plywood stakes back into the ground. Shaking that hammer at anyone that dared to speak to her.
Lee going up to that young woman and tossing her dogs water to the wind, and tearing her sign up.
George attacking that man for daring to have his folding chair on George's sidewalk, and, a neighbor having to physically get inbetween them and back George away and back to the house.
George taking the garden hose to people.
And, who could forget Casey calling 911 because "they were in danger", and that the cops had better get there, NOW.
She didn't wait 31 days then........she wanted immediate action. And, she knew the number and how to reach the police, not once that night, but twice.

I also remember the cops coming during Nancy Grace when Jane Valez-Mitchell was sitting in that night, and Casey being arrested. They continued that show that evening, going into the next programs hour to stay on it.

I remember all of those interviews, and thinking, WTF many times.
My mind has tried many times to wrap itself around their way of thinking ~ I guess that I am glad that I cannot do it ~
Their actions and reactions to things.
Their LACK of actions.

The smurks, the high-fives, the yelling and the lies, accusations against truely innocent people without so much as even a glimpse of wrong doing.

My heart went out to this precious baby from the moment we saw her waltz into court for her first hearing wearing that brand new blue Hoodie, from Target, bought with Amy's money we would later find out.
So brazen and bold, smug and thinking she was untouchable ~
Seeing her running into Baez's office later wearing her white sunglasses, again, at Amy's expense, and not even being aware of how wrong it was!

I think of my grandchildren. 4 that we were blessed with through the foster care agency, and twins last year at Christmas by adoption.
I worry about our son that will be graduating from the police academy the end of this month, and, I pray that he never has to investigate any case such as this, or of a missing child ~

Anyway ~ I've rambled on long enough, and probably have gone off the mark with this.

But, I will remember everything that I have "seen" with this case that will forever leave me scarred, even at my age.

This little baby Caylee has never left even the far recess's of my mind ever. Not for one day.

There were so many options for Caylee that would have saved her.
But, pride and lies got in the way of her future.
Thanks for starting this thread ~

Awesome post everybody. I can only add 1 thing: I get physically ill everytime I hear "You Are My Sunshine" thinking of doll baby Caylee singing it at the nursing home, so, so sweet and innocent, then she was taken from this world shortly afterwards. I hope you are sitting on Jesus's lap right now.

Aedrys I agree with everything you posted my friend.

Caylee's angelic face and smile is what drew me to this case. My heart and mind won't allow me to make sense of this child's killing. I don't want to make sense of it because there is none.

I think all of our collective hearts yearn for the day justice is served for our sweet Caylee.

I think this thread is an amazing idea. Not just for the next few months leading up to the trial, which are going to be hectic, but for the trial itself.

I felt a lot of emotions following this case. Disbelief. Rage beyond anger I have ever felt. Distress. Despair. Exasperation. Mournful. But I have also felt faith, hope and love. One thing I haven't felt yet, which is the emotion that I hope to feel at the end of this trial is content. I want to feel that Casey has been given the proper punishment. I want to feel that I don't have to listen to another word spoken by anyone in the Anthony family. I want to feel that Justice for Caylee was fulfilled. Content!

Hi all. I'm on this roller-coaster ride with you too.

Please keep in mind that when emotions turn to rants, and rants turn into namecalling, and namecalling turns into a buncha moderating...well...that's how threads get closed.

So...I appreciate everyone keeping this in mind. Its up to you to keep the thread open.

Please also consider posting the "ups" as well as the "downs". Personal examples of some "ups" for me re: Caylee's case:
  • I hold my daughter more
  • I appreciate single parents, grandparents, and caregivers that don't have all the support Casey had, yet still manage & sacrifice for the sake of the children in their care
  • I genuinely appreciate the work of sooooo many professionals and volunteers I never considered before (too many to list)
  • I'm continuously encouraged that "good" comes from evil; as I've learned so many things and 'met' and been encouraged by so many people on this forum solely because of Caylee's case
  • The list goes on...but you get the idea ;)

With this in mind, I'm updating the thread title from "Emotional Toll" to "Emotional Ups & Downs Regarding the Case". IOW..."Toll" seems to be focusing only on the "downs".

You may also wanna consider reading/posting on [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70498"]this thread[/ame] too.

Thanks!

Hi all. I'm on this roller-coaster ride with you too.

Please keep in mind that when emotions turn to rants, and rants turn into namecalling, and namecalling turns into a buncha moderating...well...that's how threads get closed.

So...I appreciate everyone keeping this in mind. Its up to you to keep the thread open.

Please also consider posting the "ups" as well as the "downs". Personal examples of some "ups" for me re: Caylee's case:
  • I hold my daughter more
  • I appreciate single parents, grandparents, and caregivers that don't have all the support Casey had, yet still manage & sacrifice for the sake of the children in their care
  • I genuinely appreciate the work of sooooo many professionals and volunteers I never considered before (too many to list)
  • I'm continuously encouraged that "good" comes from evil; as I've learned so many things and 'met' and been encouraged by so many people on this forum solely because of Caylee's case
  • The list goes on...but you get the idea ;)

With this in mind, I'm updating the thread title from "Emotional Toll" to "Emotional Ups & Downs Regarding the Case". IOW..."Toll" seems to be focusing only on the "downs".

You may also wanna consider reading/posting on this thread too.

Thanks!

Thank you so much. This makes perfect sense. I'm sorry I labeled it wrong the first time around. I just took the title from the Zahra thread. But you're right, Emotional Ups and Downs is more appropriate here. Thanks again for your wisdom!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back