Presumed Located IL - Raison Eli, 16, & Dill, 2 mths, Chicago, 25 Nov 2010

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Mentally disturbed teen mother, infant missing from Southwest Side

Police are seeking the public’s help in finding a mentally disturbed 16-year-old mother and her two-month-old son that have been missing from the Southwest Side since Thanksgiving.

Raison Eli, 16, and her two-month old son, Dill, were last seen by family members in the 5900 block of South Kenneth Ave. on Nov. 25, according to a missing persons alert from Wentworth Area detectives.

Eli was under psychiatric care and was not allowed to be alone with the baby, according to the alert

Full article - no pictures :banghead: - at link:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2776000-418/alert-colored-eli-missing-according.html

No pictures, they have not been seen since Nov 25th and this first making the news today, 15 days later?

Another article with a silhouette of mother and child but not a good picture at all.

The teenager and her infant may be with Timothy Cuito, a friend of the family, according to the alert. The missing persons may be trying to reach New York or Florida, but it is possible they are still in the Chicago area.
Cuito is described as a 5-foot-6, 21-year-old man with olive colored skin, a slender build, black hair and brown eyes, the alert said.

Photographs of Eli or the baby were not available. :banghead:

full article at link.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2010/12/10/mentally-disturbed-teen-baby-missing-since-thanksgiving/

<Raison> is described as 5-foot-1 and 95 pounds, with olive colored skin and long black hair, the alert said. Her hair may be cut or dyed, however.

Dill is 24 inches and 10 pounds and also with olive colored skin. He has the nicknames "Ticker" and "Pickle."

<snip>

Raison may be with family friend Timothy Cuito. Cuito, 21, is described as 5-foot-6, slender, clean shaven and with black hair and brown eyes.

http://mobile.chicagotribune.com/wa...&ith=0&title=Latest+From+Breaking+News+Center

So hard to keep an eye out for her when no pics :(
I checked myspace/fb/bebo and came up empty too.

No pictures, no possible vehicle to watch for. :( :banghead:

wonder why this is just now hitting the news? and still no picture after all this time..of any of the 3 people?? wow.

I wish we knew the relationship to the man she may be with. Is this the babies father? Who had custody of the baby if she was not permitted to be alone with the child? There is a two month old baby who has been missing for 15 days with a young, ill, teenage mom who was not allowed to be alone with the child.

WHY did it take this long to get this news out? Do they or do they not believe this infant to be in danger?

One of the media articles said police could not provide pictures. Well did LE ask the family for some photo's? Did the hospital where this baby was born at least still have a pic of this baby? An older pic might still help since the baby is only 2 months old. Did no one have any pictures of this young mom and her son? Did she have a drivers license photo with the state?

I'm praying they are ok and located soon.

I agree with all that has been posted so far... wow!
Was TC allowed to supervise the mom visits?
Did mom just steal the baby and run?
So little info in such a long time :-(
Please let these two kids be found safe, SOON!

I just can't believe how little information there is about this girl and her child! Every hit on google brings up the exact same article- either a link to it, or essentially a 'cut and paste' of the exact wording.

If TC were the father, wouldn't the story have said that?

I know their ages are a lot closer than other recent cases - but these seems like another case where a young lady has taken up with/taken off with an adult male. Like I said, I know the ages in this one are much closer. Also RE is reported to have problems which makes her even more vulnerable IMO.

I hope someone locates them soon- I am very concerned about this baby getting appropriate care. It's difficult to have a 2 mo old under the best circumstances- let alone for someone who is very young and may have other problems... JMO

I've been trying for hours to find an update on Raison & Baby Dill. Nothing, and still no photos. When I google "Raison Eli" or "Timothy Cuito" I find zilch. This is a 16 year old and a 21 year old, ages where social networking is the number 1 activity. No Facebook or Myspace or ANY online presence for either????

If anyone in the Chicago area is reading here, can you please tell us:

Is this case receiving adequate local coverage?
Are any photos now available? If so, can you please post?

This is a prime example of how a story really has to fit a formula, including cute photos, and supporting characters that are intriguing in a soundbite to get any coverage. I can't find anything on this story anywhere.

I am not in Chi town area but in central IL, sadly, this thread was the first I heard of this case.

I agree with IRH, so sad the disperity in national coverage when the parties don't meet the soundbite test.

I've only heard bits and pieces of local news. I've heard nothing about this case on any local television or radio station.

No pics? Im finding it hard to believe the NO ONE can get a picture of this girl from SOMEWHERE. Sheesh...

LE is also requesting the location of Cuito, (same link as OP)

The missing persons may be trying to reach New York or Florida, but it is possible they are still in the Chicago

It's been 18 days. What does LE mean by "trying to reach"? It doesn't take 18 days to drive to either NY or FL. Does this mean neither mom or 'the family friend' has a vehicle?

Veromi lists a city for TC in Miami Beach.

It is possible with the mother being unmarried paternity has not been legally established yet. There are only two ways to legally establish paternity for a never married parent. Through a court ordered dna test which would take far longer than 2 mo's or the birth father signs a VOP or voluntary acknowledgment of paternity ( this would be the same as 'signing the birth cert- IL only accepts a VOP). Last I knew the IL VOP gives the father 60 days to rescind his signature and in this case that 60 day period may not yet be over so no legal paternity is yet established due to the infants young age.

I'm going to speculate he is the father because it is unlikely many 21 yr old men would run off with a 16 yr old and 2 mo old baby. What I don't understand is why a 21 yr old man wouldn't even have so much as a DL picture which could be made available to the public. Why no school pictures of this young mom? Did she not attend school? Could LE possibly get a photo of her from her school? Even if she dropped out, no picture from the 2009/2010 school year? Why hasn't her family released any photo's?

Why no outcry from the media for this 2 month old baby - who has already been missing 18 days? Why no photo from the hospital? Hospitals take pictures of newborns even if the family doesn't purchase them. Unless he wasn't born in a hospital? With a teen mom it's possible.

IIRC, the article did not say that there were not any picture, just that LE "could not" release any pictures. There may be some legal issue going on to prohibit the pictures being released.

The term mentally disturbed is really not giving any information at all. I wish we could get some idea what is going on in the mind of this teen. Is she suffering from a post partum psychosis or affective disorder, is she mild or moderate MR, etc. There is so much a person could get just from that info that could potentially assist le in finding these people.

IIRC, the article did not say that there were not any picture, just that LE "could not" release any pictures. There may be some legal issue going on to prohibit the pictures being released.

The term mentally disturbed is really not giving any information at all. I wish we could get some idea what is going on in the mind of this teen. Is she suffering from a post partum psychosis or affective disorder, is she mild or moderate MR, etc. There is so much a person could get just from that info that could potentially assist le in finding these people.

I've wondered the same myself CaseyLPC.

What I don't understand about not releasing photo's is what/who is currently ensuring this infants safety?

Maybe TC is the legal father having signed a VOP at the hospital at birth (covering the 60 day time frame) and the childs guardian and they know mom is missing so they assume they are all together but it would be no crime for dad to be with his son? Still, if that were the case and he left the baby alone with mom against a court order of somekind there is still the child endangerment issue with the baby.

I don't think that silhouette pic in the article is real, just a random pic of A mom and child. That is not a 2 month old baby (IMO), and she is supposed to have long hair. What a cra**y way to notify the public to be on the look out!

"Olive skin?" c'mon people (MSM)! Are they spanish? middle-eastern? Asian? Native American? I can't tell by their names...I could use a little more help about who am I supposed to be looking for.

ETA: the pic does say "AP Graphics", so it is just stuck in the article

If the mother is suffering from a post partum issue, it would only take seconds of time alone with the child for something bad to potentially happen. I have worked with several women who, in a post partum psychotic episode, felt that their child was the devil and must be killed, or that killing them was the only way to save them from a much worse fate. If there is to be a significant chance of a good ending for this story more information will have to be released ASAP and these people need to be found. I don't feel good about where it is going right now though.

I put a call into LE to inquire why no photos in the media. I have to call back after 3 as the person working the case is on the afternoon shift and the person who answered had no knowledge of this case. :banghead:

Hopefully I can find out why no pics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back