1202 users online (229 members and 973 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - Can you help identify people in these photos? - Possible West Mesa connection

Police have obtained six photos of seven women who have similar characteristics to the West Mesa victims and feel there may be a connection. The identity of the women in the photos is unknown, but four of the photos depict unconscious individuals.

**WARNING: DISTURBING PHOTOS in slideshow -- although you can read the article without starting the slideshow and viewing any of the unconscious women's photos.**
    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=504

I reposted only the two photos with conscious individuals here, for those who might want to help identify the three women depicted in them without seeing the disturbing photos:
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobe...#entry11286372

The photo of the woman in the red sleeveless zippered top was definitely taken in a motel or hotel. Note the little placard sitting by the sink.

The woman wearing the white shirt has what appears to be a braided metal drain line by her head, the type you'd use to hook up a washing machine.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-06-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

OK - How about this one compared to UI Woman #2 (i.e., the woman with the blue/white plaid shirt)?

Sylvia Perez
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perez_silvia.html

Here's the side-by-side:
    *** WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT ***
    http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/30...600x600Q85.jpg

• Thick lower lip
    • Weak Chin
    • Similar noses
    • arching eyebrows
    • Weak Jawline
    • Similar hairlines at the left (viewer's right) of center.
    • Moderate-to-prominent cheekbone definition.

The circumstances of her disappearance don't exactly support her ending up in Albuquerque though.

The UI's hair appears to be partially covering her left earlobe, and Sylvia is wearing earrings, so it's hard to compare ears in this instance.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-10-2010 at 02:02 PM.

numbers 5 & 2 look like the same person, or possibly related. Take a look at their ear lobes.
    "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."~ Dot Parker

Yeah, I noticed that earlier. But I think #5 has a little more cheekbone and slightly more chin.

Can you help identify the people in these photo's? Possible West Mesa connection.

I've opened this new thread to discuss the possible West Mesa connection and these newly released photo's since the original 11 WM victims have all been identified.

Here is the link to the WM case which is now marked identified and in the identified subforum.

Identified! NM-The West Mesa victims - March 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 12:05 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I think #2 and #5 are the same person. Faces aren't always symetrical so it may be one side of her face was shaped differently than the other and it could be the position of her head differently in each photo. With one photo being the gals head is up that would stretch out the chin, looking down or chin closer to her chest would create more chin iykwim.

Also, imo they both appear to me to be taken in a car. What the OP thought appeared to look like a braided metal drain line by her head I think resembles the foam one would see around where a car door closes while the car door is open. Not sure what that foam area is officially called. That small dark area to the top left in pic 5 appears to be a tiny bit of a car head rest. In #5 her head looks to be in an akward position against a car door. IMO

ETA: What appears to be just to the left of what looks like the braided metal drain line to me looks like the shiny inside of a car door jam. As if the person took the picture with the car door open and very close to the car/person in the photo
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-10-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Carl, I think Sylvia might be a good possibility. If she has attached earlobes.
    ~JMO~

looking again at pictures #2 and #5. They both look like photos take with a car door open. IMO I can see that foam around the car door jam in #2. I think it is the same foam in #4 and the flash might have brought out that braided metal appearance. Is there any of that car foam that's around doors that looks braided? The seats look reclined imo as well.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Carl, I think Sylvia might be a good possibility. If she has attached earlobes.
    I left a message with the West Mesa tip line regarding Sylvia.

Cubby, I believe you're right. That must be the foam door jamb in photo #5 and not a drain line. Like you said, the headrest is to the right of her head, and the headrest is positioned higher so the metal bars that hold it are exposed. The woman is positioned between the seat's headrest and the door jamb. Note the headrest in photo #2 is also in a high position with the metal supports showing. Could the perpetrator be a taller person who needs head support at a higher level?

Also, Sylvia does resemble the woman in photo #2, IMO.

Additional photo released (she's conscious):

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500

#4 photo touched up (not a postmortem)

here's my reconstruction (or impression) of # 4 with her eyes open
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."~ Dot Parker

I watched the Dateline NBC special, "Somebody's Daughter" last night about the West Mesa case.

The two-hour special featured Ida Lopez, the female detective who was in charge of missing persons in Albuquerque, and Dan Valdez, the father of Michelle Valdez, who went missing in 2004, and whose skeletal remains (and those her unborn child) were found among the 11 West Mesa victims.

Mr. Valdez was one who took home videos of his two daughters, and granddaughter, to whom Michelle gave birth when she was 13 years old, and captured all of the important events in her life. It was sad to see how as a a little girl, she seemed to be the sweet cheerful child, but fell into the clutches of crack addiction and a lifestyle of drug use and prostitution.

They did an excellent job of putting a human face on Michelle, and showing how these women who took the wrong path in life still had families (including in Michelle's case, a seven-year old daughter) who loved her and grieve over the loss of her.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-11-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Thank you Carl, I'll try to find the episode online to watch it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Additional photo released (she's conscious):

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500
    This girl has been ID'd:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s1878510.shtml

Christina Leyba. She is deceased, but not a murder victim.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast