710 users online (103 members and 607 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Force is with her: 1st grader in Evanston, Ill. sparks nationwide Star Wars day

Tens of thousands of people promised to don "Star Wars" gear today in support of one of the movie's biggest fans: a first-grader who was bullied for bringing a "Star Wars" water bottle to school.

Katie, a first-grader in Evanston, Ill., became discouraged from bringing her favorite water bottle to school after boys told her that "Star Wars" wasn't for girls.

(snip)

But there was something about the "Star Wars" bottle that caused kids to tease the blond-haired girl mercilessly. So when her mom tried to convince her that it was OK to be a little different, Katie gave a heartbreaking response according to her mom's blog post.

"I'm already different," she reportedly told her mom. "Nobody else in my class wears glasses or a patch, and nobody else was adopted. Now I'm even more different, because of my "Star Wars" water bottle."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz17kf63FqL

sadyjade is offline "I'll follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you"
    heading off to read the article .. but I'm LOVIN that so many are showing her support !!! Thanks, Daise!

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Oh I saw this yesterday! I read it, and then read the blog, and then read more of the blog... The story is AMAZING and the mom is a darn good writer.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.