Force is with her: 1st grader in Evanston, Ill. sparks nationwide Star Wars day

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Tens of thousands of people promised to don "Star Wars" gear today in support of one of the movie's biggest fans: a first-grader who was bullied for bringing a "Star Wars" water bottle to school.

Katie, a first-grader in Evanston, Ill., became discouraged from bringing her favorite water bottle to school after boys told her that "Star Wars" wasn't for girls.

(snip)

But there was something about the "Star Wars" bottle that caused kids to tease the blond-haired girl mercilessly. So when her mom tried to convince her that it was OK to be a little different, Katie gave a heartbreaking response according to her mom's blog post.

"I'm already different," she reportedly told her mom. "Nobody else in my class wears glasses or a patch, and nobody else was adopted. Now I'm even more different, because of my "Star Wars" water bottle."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s_nationwide_star_wars_day.html#ixzz17kf63FqL

heading off to read the article .. but I'm LOVIN that so many are showing her support !!! Thanks, Daise!

Oh I saw this yesterday! I read it, and then read the blog, and then read more of the blog... The story is AMAZING and the mom is a darn good writer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back