GUILTY FL - Thomas, 40, & Kelly Crain, 39, murdered, Collier County, 9 Dec 2010

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
Prosecutors said in court Friday morning they believe aggravating factors could warrant trying a 14-year-old boy, who allegedly killed his parents, as an adult.

If convicted as an adult, Crain would face life in prison. If they pursue charges as a juvenile, he could be held until age 21.

The decision on trying him as an adult will come at the boy's arraignment on December 30th.

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13651218

Looking at this kid, I think people will take pity on him an he won't get tried as an adult.
The way I look at it, if you asked even a ten year old if they should kill their parents (or anyone) they would know better. If you are a teen you know it's wrong. Period.

The worst thing is that a teenager who does things like this and get charged as a juvenile, they are kept until only 21. That's only 7 years in this case.

I don't want to seem mean, I just wish in juvenile situations, they could be kept for much longer than the 21 rule.

I admit when I saw him in the court video I felt bad for him too.

omg this poor family

so much to deal with and at Christmas time too

I don't think he should be charged as an adult

IMO this is the kind of kid who's redeemable but not if he goes to the big house after juvi - then he's lost to us forever and eventually he will get out but will not be much good to society (jmo)

I wonder about all his time in his room though and why he was always so alone and of course, the remaining family will be questioning that as well

bless them - I hope they can recover from this and not splinter apart

The article doesn't say, but before forming any opinions about his culpability, I'd like to know if he were taking any prescription psych meds, as they are the catalysts in many homicides committed by teens without criminal histories or past behavior problems.

The article doesn't say, but before forming any opinions about his culpability, I'd like to know if he were taking any prescription psych meds, as they are the catalysts in many homicides committed by teens without criminal histories or past behavior problems.

I don't know if that is the case or not.

I suspect it might be like a lot of cases that we have seen lately when it comes to teens murdering their parents. Kids seem to be killing their parent or parents if they were grounded for doing something wrong or had something taken away from them if they were put on restriction. Also it could have been because the kid did not like the house rules or that they were expected to do chores.

IMO

omg this poor family

IMO this is the kind of kid who's redeemable but not if he goes to the big house after juvi - then he's lost to us forever and eventually he will get out but will not be much good to society (jmo)

I wonder about all his time in his room though and why he was always so alone and of course, the remaining family will be questioning that as well

What is heartbreaking is his older brother was coming home to be with his family at Christmastime. He is in the military and is at boot camp.

Such tragedy to return to now

IMO

omg this poor family

\

He shot and killed two people that from what we can see thus far were no danger to him? After he is rehabbed in juvi do you want to share a roof with him while you sleep? Would you want your adult daughter to marry him? For him to raise children?

I don't know that I think that kind of rehab is possible, and if it is it ain't happening in our juvenile detention centers.

moo of course, I am very impressed with your ability to see the potential in someone. I don't have that gene.

\

He shot and killed two people that from what we can see thus far were no danger to him? After he is rehabbed in juvi do you want to share a roof with him while you sleep? Would you want your adult daughter to marry him? For him to raise children?

I don't know that I think that kind of rehab is possible, and if it is it ain't happening in our juvenile detention centers.

moo of course, I am very impressed with your ability to see the potential in someone. I don't have that gene.

Even the Judges and lawyers in our country have repeatedly admitted that violent crimes done by youths do not belong in the juvenile system. The juvenile system was designed to rehabilitate youths who commit non-violent crimes. Not for those who are committing murders/rapes/attempted murders or armed robberies.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back