861 users online (126 members and 735 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NY - Sylvie Cachay, 33, murdered, NYC, 9 Dec 2010

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40613242...me_and_courts/

The son of an Oscar-winning songwriter was arrested Friday on charges of choking his Peruvian-born girlfriend, a fashion designer found dead and half-clothed in a bathtub overflowing with water in a posh hotel, police said.
    Nicholas Brooks, 24, was arrested on charges of attempted murder and strangulation in the death of Sylvie Cachay, who was discovered around 3 a.m. Thursday at the Soho House hotel. He has been at a police precinct more than a day and was cooperating with investigators, who obtained a search warrant to take swabs from under his fingernails.

Boyfriend Nicholas Brooks Charged in Death of Fashion Designer Sylvie Cachay at NY Hotel

Oscar-Winning Composer's Son Faces Attempted Murder and Strangulation Charges

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-fashion...ry?id=12361491
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Sylvie Cachay's parents say she had broken up with boyfriend Nick Brooks before tragic tub death

McLEAN, Va. - Rising fashion designer Sylvie Cachay had broken with up with boyfriend Nick Brooks recently before going on a Mexico holiday with her parents, her grief-stricken dad told the Daily News Friday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz17p4EvCfW

Women are Angels.

Creepy life with Oscar-winner 'rapist' father

Nick Brooks was a virtual unknown. ......... more at link

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...xvtSQPLY6gnHdK
    Women are Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Creepy life with Oscar-winner 'rapist' father

Nick Brooks was a virtual unknown. ......... more at link

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...xvtSQPLY6gnHdK
    That is creepy. UGH! From your link:

The 72-year-old tunesmith was accused in 2009 of forcing himself on 11 women he lured to his home by promising them roles in films.
    He faces an incredible 82 counts of rape, sexual abuse, criminal sexual act and assault.

How horrific. Senseless. Such a beautiful and immesnely talented young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    How horrific. Senseless. Such a beautiful and immesnely talented young woman.
    ITA with you.
    this is what he Mom said:

"He had a bad life," said Sylvia Cachay, the victim's mother, referring to Brooks.

"She liked to save people," said her mom, a painter who spoke adoringly about her daughter's upbringing in this wealthy suburban Washington enclave of the rich

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz17q96Cl5X

Women are Angels.

I was thinking about what her mom said that "she liked to save people". How many women do that... think that somehow they can change someone? I've been guilty of that
    myself. It wasn't until I was in my 40's that I realized what you see is what you get. You can't change other people. And you can't save them, either.
    Last edited by Nancy2441; 12-11-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
    That is creepy. UGH! From your link:

The 72-year-old tunesmith was accused in 2009 of forcing himself on 11 women he lured to his home by promising them roles in films.
    He faces an incredible 82 counts of rape, sexual abuse, criminal sexual act and assault.
    Wow. Just wow. I mean, I'd have him arrested just for "You Light Up My Life", but this is sickening.

Am I missing something? Why attempted murder?

As a poodle rescuer, I am personally appalled by this monster preying on her at the time of a precious dog's loss.

The apple doesn't fall...............

Oscar Winner's Son Charged With Strangling Girlfiend

NEW YORK -- The son of an Oscar-winning songwriter was arrested Friday on charges of choking his Peruvian-born girlfriend, a fashion designer found dead and half-clothed in a bathtub overflowing with water in a posh hotel, police said.

Nicholas Brooks, 24, was arrested on charges of attempted murder and strangulation in the death of Sylvie Cachay, who was discovered around 3 a.m. Thursday at the Soho House hotel. He has been at a police precinct more than a day and was cooperating with investigators, who obtained a search warrant to take swabs from under his fingernails.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/10...#ixzz17rjWYSD8

So sad.

Rest in peace Sylvie. You were so talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post

As a poodle rescuer, I am personally appalled by this monster preying on her at the time of a precious dog's loss.

I left the same way reading that he came into her life when her dog died. I'm sure she was especially vulnerable. I've lost pets, so I know what an emotional roller coaster you are on when your pet dies. I think he was a real lowlife. And all that info about the father makes me sick. These are the kind of people that just make your skin crawl. And he was unemployed and living in a $4000 a month place?? Doesn't seem like he was on the same level as her at all. She was a very talented and had her whole life in front of her. Very Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post

Apparently Le has ruled her death a homicide. However, the medical examiner has ruled her death inconclusive. It is waiting for the results of toxicology tests which should take a few weeks.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/12/...ex.html?hpt=T2

According to CNN affiliate WABC, authorities are treating Cachay's death as a homicide. However, Brooks cannot be charged with murder until the medical examiner determines the death was the result of a homicide. Cachay's body was discovered early Thursday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast