1219 users online (234 members and 985 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA

DE - New Castle Co., WhtFem 701UFDE, 20-35, Rt 9 & Vance Neck Rd, Nov'93

Just added this month:

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on November 25, 1993 in Odessa, New Castle County, Delaware
    * Estimated Date of Death: Over 3 months prior
    * Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20-35 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1-5'2"
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair.
    * Dentals: Available. The victims tooth # 13 is a diminutive tooth, 2/3 the normal crown dimension. Tooth #20 is rotated to the linual side. Teeth 23, 24, 25, 26 are slightly crowded. No staining or deposits indicative of tobacco use. Good dental health.

Case History
    The victim was found 3 miles northeast of Odessa, DE in an overgrown field on state property known as the William J. Baxter memorial Park, west of Delaware Route 9 and south of Vance Neck Road.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Hal Brown
    Delaware Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
    302-577-3421
    Email
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    93-1195

NCIC Number:
    U-695879247
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    NamUs
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/701ufde.html

Here are some possibles right off the bat:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/340dfnj.html

like the hair, height, teeth, and circumstances.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/602dfpa.html

like the hair and circumstances. distance maybe a little far (3+ hours)
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-29-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added link
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Julessleuther; 10-19-2009 at 03:52 AM.

Right you are Jules...I'll remove, but then you have to remove the quote.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

All done
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Right you are Jules...I'll remove, but then you have to remove the quote.

My hometown is Townsend De. My kids went to kindergarden in Odessa
    I don't remember this... but I am going to sleuth could be just age.
    if you go out of Odessa on Rt.13 their a bridge call St. Georges going about 10 to 15 miles into New Castle their a strip along the hwy for runs down hotels and druggie and prostitutes hang outs.
    RT 9 used to be all backroads in 93' with lot wetlands out that way.

The victim was discovered on November 25, 1993 in Odessa, New Castle County, Delaware
    Estimated Date of Death: Over 3 months prior
    Skeletal Remains

Estimated age: 20-35 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1-5'2"
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair.
    Dentals: Available. The victims tooth # 13 is a diminutive tooth, 2/3 the normal crown dimension. Tooth #20 is rotated to the linual side. Teeth 23, 24, 25, 26 are slightly crowded. No staining or deposits indicative of tobacco use. Good dental health.

Case History
    The victim was found 3 miles northeast of Odessa, DE in an overgrown field on state property known as the William J. Baxter Memorial Park, west of Delaware Route 9 and south of Vance Neck Road.

oops. forgot to add links: The Doe Network Case File 701UFDE

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...risoneide.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: merge to add links
    "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."~ Dot Parker

Arisoneide Oliveira Gosselin

Notice tooth #13 on Gosselin (at least I think that's the right tooth)

Missing since May 28, 1992 from Turlock, Stanislaus County, California.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 25, 1960
    * Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
    * Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1-5'2; 90-100 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Born in Brazil. Brown hair; brown eyes. She is fluent in Portuguese, and speaks English with a slight accent. She looked much younger than her age.
    * Birthmarks, Scars: Gosselin has a 12-inch scar on her abdomen.
    * Dentals: Available.
    * AKA: Neide.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Gosselin was last seen in Turlock, California on May 28, 1992. Gosselin vanished after dropping off her 10-year-old daughter at the home of a playmate. Gosselin failed to pick up her daughter at the designated time. She was last seen by a friend who saw her driving her car near her home at about 14.00 the same day.
    After Gosselin failed to pick up her daughter, the parents of the playmate went to the Gosselin residence. The friends looked through the window and could see Gosselin's wallet on the kitchen table. Gosselin's car was parked in the garage and the front door was unlocked. At around 23.00, there was still no sign of her and the parents of the girl's friend called police.

Gosselin left her wallet, all her IDs, all her credit cards, and her checks at home. She didn't take any clothing, any suitcase, anything that would indicate she was leaving.

Gosselin had been having medical problems stemming from an automobile accident in 1988. In addition, she and her husband of 10 years had been having marital problems. The two had separated, but the husband had moved back into the couple's home after a reconciliation. He told police he last saw his wife at 4:30, May 28 when he left for work.

Gosselin is described as very consistent and family-oriented.
    Foul play is suspected.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tamar; 12-12-2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: pics
    "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."~ Dot Parker

Quote Originally Posted by tamar View Post

Notice tooth #13 on Gosselin (at least I think that's the right tooth)
    For the upper teeth they are indexed right to left (1-16), and the lowers, left to right (17-32). So the gap in Aristoneide's side-view photo would be either a gap between #5 and #6, or a missing tooth #4 or #5 (or a gap and a missing tooth).

Fortunately, Hal Brown provided actual photos of the skull in NamUs. And lo-and-behold, #4 is missing antemortem (in addition to a missing wisdom tooth #1). It looks like the #5 that is missing, but the NamUs chart indicates the missing tooth as #4. The #5 is tilted back into the space left by the missing #4, thereby leaving a gap between #5 and #6.

I'm not sure how she would have gotten from California to Delaware, but the timeline is good, the height is spot-on, and she sure looks like the recon.

I'd say call it in. Hal Brown is a nice guy, so I'm sure you will get a respectful ear.

BTW, here are the links to Arisoneide's Charley page, and the UID's NamUs and DoeNet pages.

Arisoneide Oliveira Gosselin http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...risoneide.html
    NamUs UP Case 2212 https://identifyus.org/cases/2212
    DoeNetwork Case 701UFDE http://doenetwork.org/cases/701ufde.html

BTW, this was the only recon that I have ever tried doing based only on a skull.

The only thing I took from the other recon was the hairstyle.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-15-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Carl, I was wondering about how you did the reconstruction, because I knew you didn't really base it on the original. I was hoping you had seen postmortem photos, but then I realized the remains were skeletal. Excellent work! Please keep it up. Your reconstructions bring a glimmer of life & hope.

Thank you.

With deep respect,

Tamar

p.s. I noticed that there are several photos of the skull on NamUS... would you be willing to do an overlay of the skull on Gosselin's photos?? Even her profile shot could be used, I think.

Carl, I was wondering about how you did the reconstruction, because I knew you didn't really base it on the original. I was hoping you had seen postmortem photos, but then I realized the remains were skeletal. Excellent work! Please keep it up. Your reconstructions bring a glimmer of life & hope.

Thank you.

With deep respect,

Tamar
    I was looking at the recon that was available in DoeNet, and when I saw the skulls in NamUs, I tried to overlay them over the recon. The skull didn't align at all to the official recon.

I had been wondering to myself whether I would be to do a recon based only on a skull. I knew from the other reconstruction what her hair looked like, so I gave it a shot. Of course, I don't have charts of standard tissue depths like the experts use, but I showed it to Hal Brown, along with this image demonstrating the alignment of her facial features to the skull.

He liked it, and went ahead and put it up on NamUs, and sent it to DoeNet and asked them to put it side-by-side with the other recon.

p.s. I noticed that there are several photos of the skull on NamUS... would you be willing to do an overlay of the skull on Gosselin's photos?? Even her profile shot could be used, I think.
    A Gosselin Odessa Skull Overlay - YouTube

ETA: Arisoneide's head is turned a degree or two to her left (making her right cheek appear very slightly larger than the left cheek), so the lateral alignment is a slight bit off.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-15-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Submitted

Carl,

Thank you. Gosselin looks even more like a match now.

Keep doing those skull recons. Your work is very realistic and somehow less disturbing than many of the other recon styles I've seen.

I sent an email to Hal Brown, but have not heard back, so I don't know if I should consider this officially submitted yet. Sometimes I never hear back and then I wonder if my email went directly to a junk file.

I haven't contacted the LE in Turlock tho... I have submitted possible matches in the past to them and never heard back, so I don't know if it's worth trying.

Submitted

I just heard back from Hal Brown. He is requesting dental records from Turlock Sheriff Dept. and said he'll contact me when he finds out anything conclusive.

Another point of corroboration can be found in the NamUs images section in the newspaper clipping about the forensic artist that did the original recon.

It says that the unidentified woman had "may once have given birth to a child". This detail is not indicated in DoeNet or anywhere else in NamUs.

Arisoneide had one daughter at the time of her disappearance.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-14-2010 at 02:44 AM.

Ruled Out

Turlock Detective Bertram wrote me today to say that dental records have been compared and are not a match.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast