Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 647

Thread: VA - AMBER ALERT: Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    House of Perpetual Commotion
    Posts
    979
    Just thinking outloud here. Maybe the guy only gave JE a "down payment" of $500 - $1000 bucks, and got to drive it away. He could have thought they would meet at the DMV on Monday morning to do the paperwork stuff.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    933
    TS posts on FB 1:30-ish
    Walmart purchases at 8:30-ish
    AM purchases at 9:30-ish (possibly sold car)

    Considering that there were accusations of inappropriate behavior before Friday, the comments made by TS and her family after BS went missing, I'm pretty sure TS was murdered prior to the Walmart trip. TS kept BS from school that friday for whatever reason, I doubt she would have allowed BS to go with JE willingly. What's puzzling is what did they do for those 45 minutes???
    If LE knew about this AM video and the selling of the car, the information they gave to the public was very misleading. I understand keeping certain information quiet to preserve certain evidence, but to be misleading when there is a child that is missing...is bothersome.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:


  5. #228
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,781
    depending on who this person is that bought the car and his relationship to je le may not of wanted to tip their hand to je that they had spoken to the buyer...

    eta: which is why they wouldnt confirm where the suv was found...
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 12-13-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: eta: comment

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:


  7. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomom View Post
    Just thinking outloud here. Maybe the guy only gave JE a "down payment" of $500 - $1000 bucks, and got to drive it away. He could have thought they would meet at the DMV on Monday morning to do the paperwork stuff.
    I agree, that he paid probably about half of what it was worth or less. As I remember CA, all you have to do is sign the title and hand it over....unless things have changed in the last 20 years, which could be! lol

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to alwayslooking For This Useful Post:


  9. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Thunder Bay
    Posts
    2,094
    UPDATED December 13th @ 4:50 p.m.: Photos of items, suspect, missing girl and missing car

    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-photo...2.photogallery

  10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:


  11. #231
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by lishac23 View Post
    TS posts on FB 1:30-ish
    Walmart purchases at 8:30-ish
    AM purchases at 9:30-ish (possibly sold car)

    Considering that there were accusations of inappropriate behavior before Friday, the comments made by TS and her family after BS went missing, I'm pretty sure TS was murdered prior to the Walmart trip. TS kept BS from school that friday for whatever reason, I doubt she would have allowed BS to go with JE willingly. What's puzzling is what did they do for those 45 minutes???
    If LE knew about this AM video and the selling of the car, the information they gave to the public was very misleading. I understand keeping certain information quiet to preserve certain evidence, but to be misleading when there is a child that is missing...is bothersome.

    the new video footage is from 9:20pm...

    eta:

    http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/1...avi-ar-712919/

    The video, taken at the Salem Apple Market on West Main Street, shows Easley buying gas and a few other items at around 9:20 p.m., roughly 45 minutes after leaving the Salem Walmart, where police say he bought camping gear with Tina Smith's credit card.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:


  13. #232
    Also, if I am seeing it correctly, JE gets back into that red SUV and backs it away from the pump. Wonder where the switch was made between the buyer and JE and BS got into TS's Neon.

    On the 5:30 news cast on WSLS, they did not go into much detail, but did show a very brief interview of this male clerk there at AM who said he recognized JE because he was a "regular" at the AM and he remarked to his boss "Debbie" that the girl did not even have on a coat or long sleeves. "Debbie" then called the police. This is making less sense as I'm typing it. Hope they put this up on their web site so all can see it as I am not doing so good at interpreting it for ya'll.

  14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:


  15. #233
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    House of Perpetual Commotion
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayslooking View Post
    I agree, that he paid probably about half of what it was worth or less. As I remember CA, all you have to do is sign the title and hand it over....unless things have changed in the last 20 years, which could be! lol

    Yeah, In the mean time, word of the crime gets out (Mon?), and the buyer goes "OH CARP!", and calls LE....
    Last edited by zoomom; 12-13-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I WAS WRONG!

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:


  17. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomom View Post
    Yeah, but if I remember right TS would have to sign it over. I suppose BS could have signed it with her mom's name - or maybe the buyer thought they would all meet up at the DMV on Mon, or Tues. In the mean time, word of the crime gets out (Mon?), and the buyer goes "OH CARP!", and calls LE....
    The red SUV was supposedly JE's vehicle (I think that was the case).

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:


  19. #235
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,634
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomom View Post
    Yeah, but if I remember right TS would have to sign it over. I suppose BS could have signed it with her mom's name - or maybe the buyer thought they would all meet up at the DMV on Mon, or Tues. In the mean time, word of the crime gets out (Mon?), and the buyer goes "OH CARP!", and calls LE....
    The Blazer that was sold belonged to JE, not TS.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  21. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    depending on who this person is that bought the car and his relationship to je le may not of wanted to tip their hand to je that they had spoken to the buyer...

    eta: which is why they wouldnt confirm where the suv was found...
    Keeping those tidbits of info out are understandable. The part that I found misleading was the statements regarding them being low on cash and not having the financial means to get very far. No one would suspected that they were in CA, a lot in part because they believed they didn't have much money. Even if he sold the car for $500. That would have been enough money to get them across country.

    2 to 3 day head start + transportation (TS Car) + cash money = could be anywhere. All LE had to say was that they could be anywhere....this is a nationwide manhunt and EVERYONE should be on the look out. If it wasn't for Nancy Grace, Good Morning America (which by the time it airs in the morning, most people are at work), or on here, Californians would have had no idea what was going on. Some people still don't. It only made SF news. Major news stations haven't covered it at all.

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:


  23. #237
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by lishac23 View Post
    Keeping those tidbits of info out are understandable. The part that I found misleading was the statements regarding them being low on cash and not having the financial means to get very far. No one would suspected that they were in CA, a lot in part because they believed they didn't have much money. Even if he sold the car for $500. That would have been enough money to get them across country.

    2 to 3 day head start + transportation (TS Car) + cash money = could be anywhere. All LE had to say was that they could be anywhere....this is a nationwide manhunt and EVERYONE should be on the look out. If it wasn't for Nancy Grace, Good Morning America (which by the time it airs in the morning, most people are at work), or on here, Californians would have had no idea what was going on. Some people still don't. It only made SF news. Major news stations haven't covered it at all.
    i was only speculating on why le may have withheld the buyer info, not whether it was misleading to the public...

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:


  25. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
    I was 14 years old when I was kidnapped from my home. I was missing and repeatedly raped for a period of almost 24 hours. I am 33 years old now. Although no one was killed in my presence, my life was threatened over and over during that time period. No gun, no knife, only the fact that here I was begging for my life while this 24 year old man held me. His strength was his only weapon. I spent years of my life questioning what if I had done this or what if I had not done that. What if I didn't answer the door, what if I had stayed on the phone with my friend when I answered the door. What if, what if, what if.......it took many years for me to realize that none of those what ifs would ever change the facts of what did actually happen and I did what I had to do in that situation to survive and stay alive. I would have told my attacker ANYTHING he wanted to hear and did ANYTHING he wanted me to do to stay alive. In fact, that is what kept me alive. I had many police officers, counselors, etc. all tell me that in my situation it is the one thing that kept me alive.

    When I look at Brittany, I see myself, I see a LITTLE GIRL who is just trying to keep herself alive and in fact that is what she did. She LIVED and for that I applaud her.
    You - that 14 year old Salvarenga - YOU ARE WHO WE ARE HERE FOR and WHY WE ARE HERE! So glad you survived and so glad you are now a VICTOR not a VICTIM. You have your power back now and your instincts saved you! There is a reason, intuition sounds like WISDOM! You heard your inner voice tell you how to stay safe, you listened and you lived! Big bravos from me and bigger bravos for having the courage to revisit this pain to help another little girl!
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 12-13-2010 at 07:34 PM.



  26. #239
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    House of Perpetual Commotion
    Posts
    979
    STRAWBERRY & RANSOM- I changed my post. I was totally mixed up! Sorry!!!!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:


  28. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,173
    I agree, clearly LE must have known that they had money, and could be anywhere...yet they contained their alerts to specific areas...wonder why it never occurred to them that they could be much further afield, as they indeed were? They must have had a decent stash, even if they only got $1000 or so for the car...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  30. #241
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains
    Posts
    4,634
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomom View Post
    STRAWBERRY & RANSOM- I changed my post. I was totally mixed up! Sorry!!!!
    I saw that. Loved your reason for changing it. I lol. So cute.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  32. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    i was only speculating on why le may have withheld the buyer info, not whether it was misleading to the public...
    No I completely understood what you were saying.
    I was just kind of elaborating on what I thought was misleading. I get frustrated when I see all these cases on here and nothing in the news. I can tell you where all the hot spots are to get christmas sweaters for your dog though...

  33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:


  34. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomom View Post
    STRAWBERRY & RANSOM- I changed my post. I was totally mixed up! Sorry!!!!
    No worries Zoomom!!

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:


  36. #244
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,781
    well, they had barely enough to make it to sf and then they were caught panhandling and living in a tent... idk, i dont think le has released enough info yet to make heads or tails out of it...

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:


  38. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    539
    HLN covering it now.

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Lisa~ For This Useful Post:


  40. #246
    Well, I'll attempt to tell you some more of what I heard/saw on the 6 p.m. newcast on WSLS now.

    Mostly the same information about Easley selling the SUV, but, Scott Leiman (the reporter) actually says this guy who bought the SUV left his "purple Dodge Stratus" abandoned somewhere. They show it being towed on a video while Scott Leiman is reporting and he said "apparently LE was so interested in this car that they had it towed". Then they show Scott Leiman knocking on the door of what looks like a duplex apartment and he asked this woman who was at the door "did Easley come here". She says the police told her not to say anything so I'm not saying anything. Then as the story goes off, Scott Leiman says "this is Scott Leiman reporting from Garden City". Well, this is the SE part of Roanoke City. Not really in the downtown area, (about 3 miles from downtown Roanoke).

  41. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:


  42. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,988

    Post Va. Girl Found In Calif. Expected To Fly Home

    Posted: 2:56 pm PST December 13, 2010Updated: 2:57 pm PST December 13, 2010
    ROANOKE, Va. -- An abducted 12-year-old Virginia girl who was found unharmed last week in San Francisco is heading home. Roanoke County spokeswoman Teresa Hamilton Hall says Brittany Mae Smith and two police escorts are expected back late Monday night. <snip>
    Easley is expected to have his extradition hearing Tuesday morning in San Francisco. More at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/26121898/detail.html
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:


  44. #248
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I agree, clearly LE must have known that they had money, and could be anywhere...yet they contained their alerts to specific areas...wonder why it never occurred to them that they could be much further afield, as they indeed were? They must have had a decent stash, even if they only got $1000 or so for the car...
    I'm wondering if JE told the guy that bought his vehicle that he was heading to Florida on a family emergency (sick relative, to meet BS's mom, etc), the reason he sold the vehicle for so little to make a quick sell.

    That might be the reason the Amber alerts stayed in certain areas.

  45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Angleena For This Useful Post:


  46. #249
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
    Also, if I am seeing it correctly, JE gets back into that red SUV and backs it away from the pump. Wonder where the switch was made between the buyer and JE and BS got into TS's Neon.

    On the 5:30 news cast on WSLS, they did not go into much detail, but did show a very brief interview of this male clerk there at AM who said he recognized JE because he was a "regular" at the AM and he remarked to his boss "Debbie" that the girl did not even have on a coat or long sleeves. "Debbie" then called the police. This is making less sense as I'm typing it. Hope they put this up on their web site so all can see it as I am not doing so good at interpreting it for ya'll.
    bbm... was it warm enough during the afternoon not to have to wear coats or long sleeves?

  47. #250
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,781
    im wondering who the buyer of the suv is, if he is an acquaintance of je and possibly had info but if le put it out in the media then je would know that his friend blabbed and further complicate the situation??

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:


Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. VA - AMBER ALERT: Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5
    By Salem in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 563
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 01:46 PM
  2. VA - AMBER ALERT: Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 716
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 08:55 PM
  3. VA - AMBER ALERT: Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 01:48 AM
  4. VA - AMBER ALERT: Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 724
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 02:12 AM
  5. VA - AMBER Alert! - Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010
    By LLLindsayy in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 551
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 10:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •