GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Older threads listed at the bottom of the page.

Just finally got on to read and OMG I'm sooo thankful she was found ALIVE!!!!!

Observation for what? Surely he is not gonna use the insanity defense.

I think it is automatic in certain cases, no county wants to be responsible for any untoward actions of the inmate...

Is psychiatric watch a nice round about way of saying suicide watch?

Sometimes a high profile inmate such as this will be placed under what is more or less a suicide watch, IMO. I hope he is sitting there with a paper dress on and having nothing to distract him from thinking about all that has happened and what he has caused. I hope he is also wondering when he will be charged with murder.

Let him try an insanity defense. It probably would not get very far. He was sane enough to flee and try to hide. He took a 12 year old with him. He knows he is in a boatload of trouble.

Two miracles in one day and in the same city! I am so very thankful for that, and they were indeed miracles.

Brittany, Jean, and their families will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Easley is being held at the San Francisco County Jail and is under psychiatric observation,

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/270553

I've been seeing a couple of places that Detective Lavinder feels they had someone helping them out here in Roanoke. It makes me wonder if JSE did have something planned out ? Someone could have easily "kidnapped" BSE from the scene, then had JSE meet up with them, or someone could have helped in part with the murder as JSE fled the scene with BSE. Knowing that someone could have been helping them out could have meant with money, food, shelter, connections in San Francisco, etc. or even worse, helping with the murder/abduction.

I'm eager to hear how this story is going to be played out.

I'm curious to know if JE's mother has made a statement; after her 1st passionate plea, I wonder if anyone has asked her how she feels about the outcome for her son.:read:

(I shall be an upstanding WS citizen and NOT share what thoughts are buzzing about my brain...:angel:)

I'm not saying his mother should take any responsibility for a grown man's behavior and choices in life, I'm sure this must be horrific for her and other family members...yet with all these previous ex-wives and restraining orders, I'd gather she had some clue as to his M.O. with females. ?? :waitasec:

My heart hurts for this child; this nightmare is beyond belief on its own, but to add the loss of her mom to this...I would require years of therapy. I wonder if she will ever be able to move past this life-altering horror that (probably) claimed what was left of childhood innocence, trust and feeling safe in the world around her.

May God hold this child extra close, now and always.:hug:

~Mish

Is Brittany back in Virginia now?

I haven't heard anything stating that she is back in Virginia...but that is just me...others here may have heard more than I. :waitasec:

just catching up!

glad to hear she was found safe

am optimistically cautious about the coming days

I'm guessing things will be quiet for the next couple days. There's a lot LE has to sort out with this case.

I'm guessing things will be quiet for the next couple days. There's a lot LE has to sort out with this case.

I think you're right, BS will be protected now as much as possible. Maybe LE will at least keep us updated on JE.

WSLS posted on FB that there was some kind of conference in SF and that they will carry the news story on their 6 PM show...which is just in a few minutes. I'm not sure when they will update their web-site - after the story runs or when their news program is over (6:30).

ETA: www.wsls.com

McPhail for the RCPD spoke during the presser (portion of shown in the news story). Thanked everyone for their help. Reporter stated that investigators had spent the morning talking with both Brittany and Easley, but would not comment on anything that was said due to investigative purposes.

Reporter also said that Easley is a suspect in the murder investigation of Tina Smith.

There was no mention of when any of them would be back in VA

I thought they had 'live' streaming...guess not

I'm sorry if that was what I led you to believe. It wasn't my intention. I don't believe I said anything about a live streamed presser.

I'm sorry if that was what I led you to believe. It wasn't my intention. I don't believe I said anything about a live streamed presser.

Not to worry...no need to apologize...They have streamed the other press conferences, so I thought they streamed the nightly news as well. I can wait like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail