693 users online (98 members and 595 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,319

    KY - Chloe Senseman, 2 mos, dies of head trauma, Hebron, 12 July 2009

    So, these parents are saying their son hated the new baby and have witnesses that say his behavior became violent during mom's pregnancy and after the new baby was born. Does anyone here see that as a possibility?

    "Attorneys for a northern Kentucky couple accused of killing their infant daughter have called several witnesses in an attempt to show that a 2-year-old sibling may be responsible."
    http://www.fox41.com/story/13655092/...t-want-sibling

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,051
    I don't buy it.

    And, um........if you knew he was "acting out" then as responsible adults you would have been extra cautious. Not to mention the previous injuries.........
    [/I]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    the beautiful SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,300
    So the two year old is responsible for the prior injuries too? And the parents leave the baby repeatedly with a sibling who has that much anger. Then the toddler can grow up knowing that mom and dad tried to save their sorry arses by blaming him. Poor kid

    Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,784
    I don't think I believe this. I can attest to the fact that 2yos can be surprisingly violent, and can cause real pain and damage, especially when in full tantrum, but I'm not sure about killing a baby. I think it would be impossible for me to see this defence explanation without knowing what the trauma was. If the ME says these injuries are unlikely to have been caused by a toddler, I believe the ME, I think.

    Either way, I agree that if the toddler inflicted the injuries, the parents/caregivers are still ultimately responsible for letting the toddler do it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lake Charles, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,097
    thats just wrong. They should be ashamed but I know they are not.

  6. #6
    mikeysmommom's Avatar
    mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,622
    How despicable to kill your baby then try to blame a 2 yr old.The ME isn't buying it and neither am I.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09





    Justice for Travis 5/8/13

    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

    Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    I could see a two year old injuring a newborn really badly, but to kill one with a fatal blow to the head seems really unlikely to me.

    That was either one blow and it was fatal, or the two year old completely unsupervised with a newborn he has been violent with before, repeatedly hit a newborn whose screams went unheard, until a fatal blow was inflicted?

    They should take him away from his parents and run.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    So, these parents are saying their son hated the new baby and have witnesses that say his behavior became violent during mom's pregnancy and after the new baby was born. Does anyone here see that as a possibility?

    "Attorneys for a northern Kentucky couple accused of killing their infant daughter have called several witnesses in an attempt to show that a 2-year-old sibling may be responsible."
    http://www.fox41.com/story/13655092/...t-want-sibling
    Dr. Gregory Wanger, state medical examiner for Northern Kentucky, testified Wednesday that the fatal injury was a blow to the head and couldn't have happened from routine handling.

    He said it was very unlikely that a toddler would be able to cause the injuries.
    He didnt say it was impossible. He said unlikey. I dont know if that is his professional opinoin or personal opinion. Like is it medicaly unlikely (not impossible) that a two year old could strike a blow that could cause a two months olds death.

    He said routine handling couldnt have caused it. That is a firm statement. unlikey is not.

    I dont have an opinoin on the parents guilt one way or the other but based soley on this article I believe the DR to be objecting to the thought based on personal opinoin.
    IMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    I think it's entirely possible. Years ago, I actually personally knew a 3 year old that killed his younger sibling.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,489
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    I don't think I believe this. I can attest to the fact that 2yos can be surprisingly violent, and can cause real pain and damage, especially when in full tantrum, but I'm not sure about killing a baby. I think it would be impossible for me to see this defence explanation without knowing what the trauma was. If the ME says these injuries are unlikely to have been caused by a toddler, I believe the ME, I think.

    Either way, I agree that if the toddler inflicted the injuries, the parents/caregivers are still ultimately responsible for letting the toddler do it.
    I believe the ME when he says it is unlikely. What I dont believe is that unlikey makes it impossible. So reasonable doubt is not removed by that part of his statement.

    Unless I am not reasonable,that could be the case.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I believe the ME when he says it is unlikely. What I dont believe is that unlikey makes it impossible. So reasonable doubt is not removed by that part of his statement.

    Unless I am not reasonable,that could be the case.
    I did say that it is impossible for me to be certain one way or the other without knowing the specific injuries, but that I do give credence to the ME's opinion (which I did specify as having been "unlikely", not impossible), since s/he actually saw the injuries in question. I wasn't saying firmly one way or the other, nor was I suggesting anyone was unreasonable - just stating my own opinion, as far as I could judge given the available information.

  12. #12
    An infant was killed by a 2 yr. old this year on Staten Island:

    http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf..._killed_n.html

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermintswirlz View Post
    An infant was killed by a 2 yr. old this year on Staten Island:

    http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf..._killed_n.html
    Tragic story.

    Had the parents in the current case said an accident occurred involving the two year old, but they are painting a picture of him being violent and hating her, acting out violently before she was born. It is that part that makes me question the intent of the person telling the story.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,495
    I saw my own at 16 months throw her bottle at my friends newborn and hit him right in the head. I thought I was going to die. Thank goodness he wasn't harmed, but kids definitely do things that will harm an infant.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    35,935
    http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/regi...-abuse_5644445

    Burlington, KY - Late Friday night, a Boone County jury found Benjamin Senseman guilty of manslaughter and criminal abuse in the death of his two-month-old daughter.

    Senseman's wife Laura was not found guilty.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. PA - Kaiyah Beck, 2, dies of head trauma, Pittsburgh, 29 Nov 2009
    By passionflower in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-22-2015, 01:05 PM
  2. GUILTY OK - Kai'den Terry, 7 wks, dies of head trauma, Tulsa, 27 Sept 2009
    By Liz in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2015, 06:51 PM
  3. GUILTY CA - Ella VanLeeuwen, 17 mos, dies of head trauma, Reedley, 21 Feb 2009
    By Indy Anna in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 08:37 AM
  4. GUILTY OH - Israel Santos, 5 wks, dies of head trauma, Hamilton, 24 Aug 2009
    By Recovering-Lurker in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 05:09 PM
  5. SC - Boy, 2 mos, dies of head trauma, Orangeburg, 14 June 2009
    By stillwatersc in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Tags for this Thread