745 users online (131 members and 614 guests)  

Websleuths News

Pilot duped AMA with fake M.D. claim

AP: Pilot duped AMA with fake M.D. claim

MARILYNN MARCHIONE, AP Medical Writer Marilynn Marchione, Ap Medical Writer – Sun Dec 12, 1:06 pm ET

His pilot qualifications do not appear to be in question — he holds the highest type of license a pilot can have, a Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman said. However, United grounded him in August after his medical and doctoral degrees evaporated like contrails of the jets he flew. He resigned in June as an educator and researcher at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Mich., after a credentials check revealed discrepancies, a hospital spokeswoman said.
    Even after learning of Hamman's deception, the American Medical Association was going to let him lead a seminar that had been in the works, altering his biography and switching his title from "Dr." to "Captain" on course materials. It was canceled after top officials found out.
    I think this happens more often than we would like to know.
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

Laguna Beach, CA
    The only thing is he apparently never treated patients. He just instructed those who did.

I have to admit though, when I did a symposium and secured CME's for the doctors, I never saw any actual medical licenses - all I saw were the abstracts and presentations that were submitted.