Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 523
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,334
    My sympathies to the family. We had a young man crash his car on Dec. 11. They could not find him. 4 days later they found his body in a driveway culvert a few hundred feet down the road from the wreck. It has been very cold, and it is assumed he crawled in to get out of the weather. There was brush on both ends of the culvert. He died from internal bleeding. I think this will be the outcome for Tanya as well.


  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:


  3. #272
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchersch View Post
    I wonder if anyone else from the party was meeting at the "after" party? As far as Tanya being picked up, I can't imagine one reason she would stay in hiding nor any reason for someone to hide her, if she is still alive.
    Initially, I wondered if maybe a local picked her up & she died in his vehicle. Possibly put out far from the scene. For a young person, a person that might be intimidated easily, a person with an outstanding warrant, etc., might have freaked out if trying to render aide & something went awry. I also suspect that the majority of those on the road during the time of the incident were likely DUI, except for those traveling to/fro work.
    The only one we know of is Dale's sister. It was her house they were headed too. No other details have been given regarding that. But it is thought, that if they had been drinking too, that would be the reason no one went looking or called the police sooner, etc.


  4. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IL, USA
    Posts
    50
    There ARE coyotes in the area, and I don't think they'd be terribly afraid of the road since as I mentioned before there's not a whole lot of traffic in general. However, they do seem to keep to the more wooded areas to the north (at least that's where I've seen them the most), and there are more than enough deer for them to hunt. I would imagine that a human who'd probably been drinking (and from the way she was dressed up, maybe wearing perfume as well) wouldn't smell very good, but then I'm not a coyote. I hate to sound morbid and mean no disrespect, but I believe it's possible that wildlife got to her if she was buried in the snow, and I have seen turkey vultures around (but never in the winter--that doesn't mean they aren't still there).

    I still subscribe to the theory that she'd been picked up (by who or why I'm not sure) and isn't out there in the snow. JMO.


  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CastleFan For This Useful Post:


  6. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
    My sympathies to the family. We had a young man crash his car on Dec. 11. They could not find him. 4 days later they found his body in a driveway culvert a few hundred feet down the road from the wreck. It has been very cold, and it is assumed he crawled in to get out of the weather. There was brush on both ends of the culvert. He died from internal bleeding. I think this will be the outcome for Tanya as well.
    I agree. Think how often a person loses a dog, searches for days & days, then the dog is found in a ditch right near home.
    I think a lot of time elapsed b/f a search was actually orchestrated. If the first officer noticed tracks, he likely assumed the person had been picked up. I am guessing that when the police notified Dale's family they inquired as to Tanya & then LEO realized they had a "missing" person.

    For what it's worth, I keep thinking about Caylee's body, there was no snow & she was missed. I know, I know, many think she was put there after the search. Also, Morgan Harrington was disposed of on farm land, remember?

    Another thing I just thought of, in my own experience, looking for a sick cow in a field. Very daunting task w/o snow. So, an exhaustive search in brutal weather, not good.


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:


  8. #275
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
    My sympathies to the family. We had a young man crash his car on Dec. 11. They could not find him. 4 days later they found his body in a driveway culvert a few hundred feet down the road from the wreck. It has been very cold, and it is assumed he crawled in to get out of the weather. There was brush on both ends of the culvert. He died from internal bleeding. I think this will be the outcome for Tanya as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleFan View Post
    There ARE coyotes in the area, and I don't think they'd be terribly afraid of the road since as I mentioned before there's not a whole lot of traffic in general. However, they do seem to keep to the more wooded areas to the north (at least that's where I've seen them the most), and there are more than enough deer for them to hunt. I would imagine that a human who'd probably been drinking (and from the way she was dressed up, maybe wearing perfume as well) wouldn't smell very good, but then I'm not a coyote. I hate to sound morbid and mean no disrespect, but I believe it's possible that wildlife got to her if she was buried in the snow, and I have seen turkey vultures around (but never in the winter--that doesn't mean they aren't still there).

    I still subscribe to the theory that she'd been picked up (by who or why I'm not sure) and isn't out there in the snow. JMO.
    If wildlife did find her, I would suspect shreds of her clothing would be found.


  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:


  10. #276
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,700
    I can't remember...does anyone know if search dogs were used to help find Tanya?


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  12. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    I know LEO maintains a second person was in the car due to the broken passenger seat. But, if a strong/large driver put one hand on the back of the passenger seat during the crash or if he w/not killed INSTANTLY & tried to move after the accident, could the seat not break? A lot of times a person tries to brace b/f impact. I believe it was stated that the passenger had used a seat belt? So, if the passenger was Tanya, she was at least coherent enough to unlatch her belt? I have read conflicting articles as to the "footprints" near passenger door. I understand the door w/not open due to snow.

    So hard to fathom such an incident, surviving only to be abducted, huh?

    G'night, & thank you!


  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:


  14. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    I've received a couple of emails with questions about the use of HRD (human remains detection) dogs and if they were used what went wrong. The issue is that weather and temperature greatly affect things and if they are using HRD (human remains detection) dogs that have not REGULARLY trained in those conditions (frozen ground, frigid temperatures, and snow) they may be very ineffective. It's not that dogs can't work in these conditions it's that they have to train in them. I mentioned some time back that I though bringing in avalanche dogs would be a good idea, for this reason specifically, not because there is going to be an avalanche in the fields of Illinois, lol.

    The second part of this equation is the search area that they worked. They may have also just NOT been in the right area. It's really a pretty big search area when you think about the directions she could have walked/stumbled. It's harder than one would think to cover all that area even though it is pretty open. Remember, it's not a giant parking lot we are talking about.

    HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I can't remember...does anyone know if search dogs were used to help find Tanya?
    The poster, sarx, I've quoted above within this post knows alot about this subject. To answer your question though, they did search for Tanya using dogs. They also used a helicopter and a fixed wing plane during the three day extensive search that took place during the first week Tanya was missing.


  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:


  16. #279
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IL, USA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchersch View Post
    If wildlife did find her, I would suspect shreds of her clothing would be found.
    This is true, until you factor in the possible hypothermia, in which case she may have stripped from her clothes and they would be separate from her body.

    So many "if"s and "but"s and assumptions and possibilities with this case. So very little (inconclusive) evidence. I hope she is found soon.


  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CastleFan For This Useful Post:


  18. #280
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    lost in space & time
    Posts
    6,473
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchersch View Post

    I'm assuming Dale's family believes Tanya to be dead~since they applied for custody of her children.

    I would venture to guess that someone needs to have custody, as they are minors and need an adult to help with healthcare, to be emergency contacts for school, etc., etc. and to help the girls make decisions related to their father, and with whatever the situation turns out to be for their mother.

    It is much better for family members to do so now IMO, than for them to be placed in foster care and possibly have to do it later.

    I assume also, that until TS is recovered in whatever condition, it would only be temporary.

    Also, I have gathered from reading various places, TS doesn't seem to have a strong relationship with her side of family, thus the fathers side stepping in.


  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:


  20. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    onthecouch
    Posts
    12,415
    I'm signing off now but if any newbie is interested there is a thread 1 (we're on thread 2 now) that has the initial reports and links that give facts regarding when the searches took place and other early info. I'd look it up but I have a bad cold and my head hurts. Night all.


  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:


  22. #282
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    L.I., NY
    Posts
    5,619
    This is so upsetting that she has not been found.

    Here is a article how coytes attacked in little girl. I wish I could find the video of them interviewing witnesses but I had to get some sleep.

    RYE, N.Y. — Police say a 6-year-old girl was scratched and bitten by a pair of coyotes who charged her as she played with friends in the front yard of her suburban New York City home.

    The girl was treated and released from the hospital. She had bites on her shoulder, thigh and possibly on one ear. Her back had been scratched. The attack happened shortly at around 9:15 p.m on Friday night.

    In April, a toy poodle was attacked and killed in Rye, according to The New York Post. Judith Sheer took her dog Cleopatra outside at night, then heard a loud "scream."

    "I pulled her leash back and all that came back was her dog tags."

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_626909.html
    The World Has Gone Mad.


  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:


  24. #283
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    This is so upsetting that she has not been found.

    Here is a article how coytes attacked in little girl. I wish I could find the video of them interviewing witnesses but I had to get some sleep.

    RYE, N.Y. Police say a 6-year-old girl was scratched and bitten by a pair of coyotes who charged her as she played with friends in the front yard of her suburban New York City home.

    The girl was treated and released from the hospital. She had bites on her shoulder, thigh and possibly on one ear. Her back had been scratched. The attack happened shortly at around 9:15 p.m on Friday night.

    In April, a toy poodle was attacked and killed in Rye, according to The New York Post. Judith Sheer took her dog Cleopatra outside at night, then heard a loud "scream."

    "I pulled her leash back and all that came back was her dog tags."

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_626909.html
    I spotted a coyote this morning as I walked thru the woods to the nearest store for my paper. He was lying in the snow & as we neared, he took off. The manner in which they attack living prey opposed to a carcass is completely dif'. We have a coyote in our yard frequently & he is quite reclusive.
    As we walked up a sharp incline I found several places off the beaten path where the snow had drifted over a foot, I thought I could easily be under it, completely concealed, until a thaw.


  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:


  26. #284
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    I'm signing off now but if any newbie is interested there is a thread 1 (we're on thread 2 now) that has the initial reports and links that give facts regarding when the searches took place and other early info. I'd look it up but I have a bad cold and my head hurts. Night all.
    Hope you feel better. I have read every possible article regarding this case I was able to find. And, many blogs, posts, forums! The more I read, the more puzzling this becomes! As much as I'd like to believe she is alive & in hiding for some reason, I still find myself drifting back to the fact that she is in the snow.

    Many many years ago a female friend was riding on motorcycle w/her BF. He had a wreck & was killed. Linda was severely injured but crawled & crawled & crawled until she passed out. No one found her for 2.5 days, she was found in a cornfield, still alive but in critical condition & did lose a leg. Keep in mind this was in June, in MI! No snow. Warm weather. This happened in about 1980, so searches are a lot more sophisticated now. I can't remember every element of this accident, perhaps LEO was not aware there had been a passenger & a search was not in place until later.


  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:


  28. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    I have put my personal items, Purse, jacket, brief case in a vehicle & then abruptly chg'd my mind & made the trip in a dif' car, leaving items in the car I THOUGHT I would travel in. I ws just thinking....what if Tanya thought Dale w/too drunk to drive & she only put her things in b/f changing her mind. Or, at some point b/f the crash she got out? Just letting my mind go to a lot of dif' places, sorry.


Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased IL - Tanya Shannon, 40, Seneca, 5 Dec 2010 - #4
    By Salem in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 551
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 08:05 AM
  2. Found Deceased NE - Tanya Kroeger, 48, Lincoln, 24-Dec-2010
    By Texas Mist in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 02:26 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 11:19 PM
  4. Found Deceased IL - Tanya Shannon, 40, Seneca, 5 Dec 2010 - #1
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 536
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 06:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •