Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Interesting thoughts... but I guess we need some sort of "expert" to tell us if the broken passenger seat means without a doubt, that there was a passenger. COULD the seat have broken with no one in it? If so.... that totally changes things.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carterkatt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carterkatt View Post
    Interesting thoughts... but I guess we need some sort of "expert" to tell us if the broken passenger seat means without a doubt, that there was a passenger. COULD the seat have broken with no one in it? If so.... that totally changes things.
    This is def' a story that can lead us "consider" many scenarios!
    Since she is quite petite, initially I had a hard time believing she was in the seat, I thought perhaps her BIL might have been with Dale & Tanya with her SIL. I think with each day that passes, it becomes more likely she is in the snow. Do you?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:

I think she was in the car (the slipper in the snow) and that with this much time having passed, she must be deceased and simply not yet found. I can't imagine any sort of shock or despair that might explain trying to hide out lasting this long. Who would put their family through this? I just can't imagine how far she must have made it, not to be found. Probably much further than anyone thought possible.
    Just my opinion, of course.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carterkatt View Post
    This is def' a story that can lead us "consider" many scenarios!
    Since she is quite petite, initially I had a hard time believing she was in the seat, I thought perhaps her BIL might have been with Dale & Tanya with her SIL. I think with each day that passes, it becomes more likely she is in the snow. Do you?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jipsee View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing.....but with a different animal. I live only 20 miles away from Seneca and I've seen Turkey Buzzards only twice. The animal I was thinking more about was the coyotes. We have a HUGE coyote problem, and I have personally watched them devour an entire full sized deer in less than two days. Just like Tlcox....I'm not trying to be morbid.....and maybe the coyotes would still be scared of a human scent....but maybe if there is coyotes tracks in the snow.....does any one else think that they might lead to an area of interest?
    Coyotes are in our area too but I live in a pretty big city so they stick to keeping out in the country mostly. Coyotes are mostly furtive, shy, secretive creatures. But yes, I had thought of them as well. They are very opportunistic when it comes to feeding so, um yeah. I hope Tanya is located soon
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Sorry for the double post. Wt'd to point out, I just walked around my 20 acre property, we had about 4" of snow a week ago. Much has blown & drifted, resulting in much deeper areas. Had 5-6 buzzards flying over, doing wide circles, etc. I found a dead mole lying on top of the snow, not covered at all. Prob' victim to an owl or a hawk. In an earlier post I mentioned knowing where there is a dead racoon completely covered with snow. No buzzard activity around it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:

ty hatchersch, I suspect as long as the cold is hampering decomp and the scents associated with it there will be little scavenger activity. But then the cold and weather also hampers search efforts so it is a double edged sword.

If she is indeed out there on someone's land, hidden by topography or elements, it becomes a race when the weather does break, and the thaw comes, who will find her first, the scavengers or searchers or a random discovery by some poor farmer out walking his field.
    Last edited by tlcya; 12-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

tlcox, I agree with you! Likely it will be a farmer, after a thaw. It won't hae to be a complete spring thaw, either. Just a day with some intense sun wil allow some melting, providing the temp' is at least 25+!
    She obviously had quite a head-start on the search team. If, of course, she did walk away.
    I have read that after a few minutes in the elements one would not even realize they had no shoes on, they would not feel "cold", I guess b/c of hypothermia? We have all seen the shows about the hiker lost on some mountain, they know he is there but can't find him! It is evidently more difficult than what we would assume.
    Each time I b/g thinking maybe she did leave, I remind myself that anyone traveling upon the scene would likely be a local & do the right thing!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:

It would be interesting to know if anyone living in the area spends an hour or so a day looking around their fields. Maybe longer on the weekend! I know I would if I lived in the immediate area. Even walking your untrained family dog could prove useful, most dogs will alert to a foreign object! I know mine wants to investigate all new things. LOL Perhaps with school out for Xmas break, more people will be out & about!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hatchersch For This Useful Post:

I know I would be out walking my land if I lived in the area. But then, I often wonder if I am a good representation of normal anymore. I am a snoopy, nosy, get involved sort of person and I often forget that everyone else in the world is not like that.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know who the landowners are in that general vicinity?

I would be out walking that land if I were the landowner - I would not want any of my children, nor any other children, to be the person who discovered Tanya's body.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue Eyed Chick For This Useful Post:

A lot of the farmland around here is owned by large farm corporations I believe. Gone are the days of smaller, family farms, sadly. But I agree Blue Eyed Chick, anyone living in the area should be checking out the area around them, particularly those residents with children.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    A lot of the farmland around here is owned by large farm corporations I believe. Gone are the days of smaller, family farms, sadly. But I agree Blue Eyed Chick, anyone living in the area should be checking out the area around them, particularly those residents with children.
    Even so, they are probably still worked by local people who think of them as there own.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DKanalyst For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    I know I would be out walking my land if I lived in the area. But then, I often wonder if I am a good representation of normal anymore. I am a snoopy, nosy, get involved sort of person and I often forget that everyone else in the world is not like that.
    In this grim topic, you gave me a smile. Isn't it nice that we are all turning our snoopy nosy-ness to good on this forum.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DKanalyst For This Useful Post:

I keep thinking of people out playing in the snow, sliding, snowmobiling, riding horseback. Of course, not living in IL, I don't know how common winter sports are.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast