Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philipwoolman View Post
    I have witnessed two missing person reports where the individual traveled on foot from a disabled automobile through snow. Both times the body was found in a direct line between the automobile and the nearest light.
    Welcome to WS!!! Insightful info... such a simple explanation but I really think this could be the case here. She is close to that crash site IMO.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

I have witnessed two missing person reports where the individual traveled on foot from a disabled automobile through snow. Both times the body was found in a direct line between the automobile and the nearest light.
    Yep, correct.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grapes21 View Post
    New to this post..sorry if I missed this before. Are they 100% sure she was even in the car before or at the time of the accident? Could they have had a fight before the crash and she got out? I can't imagine her getting very far from the accident with the weather the way it was, unless she was dressed for it which I doubt if she had just left a party.
    Yes, reports confirmed that she was in the car because her shoes, phone, and credit cards were in the car, plus the passenger seat was broken (which required that someone was sitting there at the time of the crash).

Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    Could anyone tell me (the answer is probably right here in front of my face) if one of Tanya's slippers was found inside the car? I thought I read somewhere??? that one of them was found in the car and the other was found inside a footprint not far from the car. Could she have lost the first slipper climbing over the shift and her husband and lost the second one as she took a step outside the car. Also, has anything been said about Tanya's blood being found in the vehicle? Thank you!
    Even though the reports vary on the shoes, it seems that her dress heels were both in the car, and one slipper was found in a footprint in the snow leading to the road. The other slipper is missing (probably wherever Tanya is).

As for the lack of blood, local LE said there was surprisingly little blood at the scene. The driver's seat snapped and broke Dale's neck, killing him almost instantly, so there wasn't a lot of blood. There was no mention if any was Tanya's, but there was very little in general, so it's likely that if she was bleeding, it was internal.

ALSO! My acquaintances in the local police force (not the LaSalle County Police who are handling the case, but one of the nearby town PDs) have confirmed that the rumor that she's been found and at a boyfriend's IS IN FACT JUST GOSSIP. She has NOT been found and the talk of her having a boyfriend is mostly speculation.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CastleFan For This Useful Post:

I have been following this from the beginning. I thought she would have been found. Do you all think maybe someone followed them and ran them off the road to try and kill them both and if the car turned around and went back and saw her still alive and then took her. I wonder if the cops saw any evidence of another vehicle. Could the snow have been blowing hard enough to blow the snow over some one elses tracks. IDK this is very strange if shes laying some where out on the flat land I would think her red dress would stand out
    My grandson Lucas born 12-31-09

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Chick For This Useful Post:

I think the rescue and police cars messed up any possible tracks, as they had no clue they were missing a person when they happened upon the scene.

I know search and recovery is difficult, I know dogs miss scents, etc...but if it turns out she is right there, not far from the accident, I think I will scream. It seems to happen somewhat frequently that people are overlooked. But we've seen the photos, the land is mostly flat so they would not have to check the flat parts...only the humps and ditches and gulleys. And where is that red dress! Or a glove from her pocket, or something? I just hate this, that she is probably dead in the cold someplace. Mother Nature is not helping-when will it warm up a bit? People need to gather hands and form a line and search for this woman.
    Just my opinion, of course.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Chick View Post
    I have been following this from the beginning. I thought she would have been found. Do you all think maybe someone followed them and ran them off the road to try and kill them both and if the car turned around and went back and saw her still alive and then took her. I wonder if the cops saw any evidence of another vehicle. Could the snow have been blowing hard enough to blow the snow over some one elses tracks. IDK this is very strange if shes laying some where out on the flat land I would think her red dress would stand out
    Yes, I have thought that... but then I start thinking I've been on WS too long! Seriously, it's possible, though.

I think what is more probable, though, is what cluciano63 posted - that it may not have been apparent at the beginning that someone was missing, and the vehicles that arrived could have erased any tracks indicating which direction she may have headed on the road. Like cluciano, I will be very upset if she is found nearby: she may have still been alive when they arrived, but not now.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

A red dress covered in snow is a white dress. If she were covered in snow, she still may not be visible-allowing for her size-was she petite? and dehydration, she may not even make much of a hump in the snow.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:

Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    I think she got into a car, perhaps even someone she didn't know. The footprints had to end somewhere and if she is not at the end of those footprints, she was picked up, IMO. Where are the cell phone records? Did they not carry cell phones? I imagine the first thing you do after an accident is call 911 if you're able to. JMO, but perhaps there was a fight, it caused or contributed to the accident, she got out before help would arrive, fearing she could be blamed?

This past Saturday was warm and raining. Enough snow melted on the ground to show grass prior to the deep freeze and more snow. If anyone were looking, I imagine she would have been found.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

For what it worth am going to post this, not saying this is what happened in this case but…
    In 1978 my Sister was in a horrible one car accident on Hwy 51 in Wisconsin between Madison and Rhinelander about 10 miles outside of Wausau, she was very badly injured with a smashed knee cap, two broken arms, severe trauma to her head, and lost her right eye. However somehow she made it up the steep embankment to the Hwy, it was 2:30 am and a vacationer coming up from Illinois stopped and picked her up. Instead of taking, her to Merrill which was less than 20 miles away they went to Antigo and dropped her off at the hospital there with no ID. Than the vacationer went on up to upper Michigan. (later we found out, He did not want to be involved and report it because he had been drinking and driving himself)… Grrr
    Any ways, Antigo decided she was in need of a more urgent care and air flight her to Milwaukee…

Until her picture was air and the vacationer called the sheriff’s department and told them what he knew…Grrrr

Well long story short it took us 2½ weeks of searching both ground and air, to find her there… We all thought she had been buried in the snow banks somewhere…

To Add: Yes we had checked all the hospital but never would we think she would be in Milwaukee.. over 150 miles away...

Last edited by CN2Souls; 12-15-2010 at 09:14 AM.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

This morning while putting on my slippers that are very similar to the ones Tanya was said to be wearing a thought crossed my miind...how was she able to keep them both on while climbing over Dale and out the drivers door? Makes me wonder if perhaps she had been driving and had gotten out (the drivers door) and attempted to pull Dale out hence his being in the drivers seat? Discovered he was not responding and headed towards the road and then _____? Who knows... I wish there was more information on the accident scene etc.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greeneyz For This Useful Post:

Could she have gotten to the road to flag someone down and gotten hit? Or crossed the main road to the opposite side to try to get help? I have to assume that the searches have checked both sides for miles already, right? All these crazy scenarios in my head, but the most likely is that she is buried in snow near the crash site.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
    For what it worth am going to post this, not saying this is what happened in this case but…
    In 1978 my Sister was in a horrible one car accident on Hwy 51 in Wisconsin between Madison and Rhinelander about 10 miles outside of Wausau, she was very badly injured with a smashed knee cap, two broken arms, severe trauma to her head, and lost her right eye. However somehow she made it up the steep embankment to the Hwy, it was 2:30 am and a vacationer coming up from Illinois stopped and picked her up. Instead of taking, her to Merrill which was less than 20 miles away they went to Antigo and dropped her off at the hospital there with no ID. Than the vacationer went on up to upper Michigan. (later we found out, He did not want to be involved and report it because he had been drinking and driving himself)… Grrr
    Any ways, Antigo decided she was in need of a more urgent care and air flight her to Milwaukee…

Until her picture was air and the vacationer called the sheriff’s department and told them what he knew…Grrrr

Well long story short it took us 2½ weeks of searching both ground and air, to find her there… We all thought she had been buried in the snow banks somewhere…

To Add: Yes we had checked all the hospital but never would we think she would be in Milwaukee.. over 150 miles away...

WOW CN2Souls this is such a crazy story! Glad you sister was found safe! I'm sure those 2 1/2 weeks were a crazy time for you! Thank you for sharing!
    All my posts are my opinion only! Unless otherwise stated!

~Justice for all~

“If someone raises a dog to be aggressive it will be, no matter what breed it is.”

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Link-less

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to raysgirl1126 For This Useful Post:

What a strange, sad story. I cannot get my mind off those four little girls.

I believe that Tanya left the vehicle to seek help after the accident. Then I think the elements overtook her rapidly and, either consciously or unconsciously but most definitely in a state of confusion, she found shelter (in a barn, behind a fence, in a clump of trees.....anywhere that could provide some barrier to the weather) and burrowed down. There I think she perished of hypothermia. I believe her body will be found when the weather clears.

My prayers for her friends and family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

I've received a couple of emails with questions about the use of HRD (human remains detection) dogs and if they were used what went wrong. The issue is that weather and temperature greatly affect things and if they are using HRD (human remains detection) dogs that have not REGULARLY trained in those conditions (frozen ground, frigid temperatures, and snow) they may be very ineffective. It's not that dogs can't work in these conditions it's that they have to train in them. I mentioned some time back that I though bringing in avalanche dogs would be a good idea, for this reason specifically, not because there is going to be an avalanche in the fields of Illinois, lol.

The second part of this equation is the search area that they worked. They may have also just NOT been in the right area. It's really a pretty big search area when you think about the directions she could have walked/stumbled. It's harder than one would think to cover all that area even though it is pretty open. Remember, it's not a giant parking lot we are talking about.

HTH

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

And I've read 2 this week where the person was found days later in a spot that had been searched 2 or 3 times already.

I believe they will find her in the snow near the crash site.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paris_paris For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast