Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: IL - Tanya Shannon, 40, missing after fatal car accident in Seneca, 5 Dec 2010 - #2

Quote Originally Posted by paris_paris View Post
    When did Donna Baker leave the party? Before or after Dale and Tanya? Would she have taken the same route home?
    Sounds like they left at about the same time (see below).

I would guess that if Donna and her husband took same route back they pulled out ahead of Dale and Tanya, since they didn't see the crash. Just speculating on that though.

----

Donna Baker is the Dale's sister. She said the couple were at a Christmas party in Streator and left with everyone else shortly after midnight.

"They (Dale and Tanya) were having a great time--they were dancing together, really cutting up a rug," she said. "Both left the party arm in arm. I had no idea anything like this would happen."

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-miss...,5061660.story

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

CBS 2 Chicago - Video

I believe this is recent. Doesn't give much new info, short interview with Sheriff Templeton saying they don't have anything new and shows the crash site starting at about 1:00. 4 investigators continue to work the case.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/chicagoc...-case-23528354

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Baker and Dale's brother, Duane Shannon of Chatsworth, have filed a petition in La Salle County for guardianship of the children. A hearing is set for 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21, in the downtown Ottawa courtroom of Circuit Judge Eugene Daugherity.

The petition, submitted by Ottawa attorney Darrell K. Seigler, seeks to have the brother and sister appointed guardians of the estates and minors so the children can be properly and legally cared for while the investigation continues into Tanya's disappearance.

http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottaw....php?id=420151

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Do any of the locals know if LE has gone door-to-door, from the K of C up and over to the crash site and surrounding area?

4 Officers left on the case doesn't sound great to me.

Why were they taking pictures of the scene only this week?

It sounds like they haven't been using the proper search dogs either.

I don't mean to doubt LE here, I am sure they are doing the best job they can.

But it might be time to consider an outside agency getting involved to assist, and perhaps suggest something that they have not thought of.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Has LE gone to any of the large snow banks caused by the plows etc., and broke them down to ensure that Tanya is not in them?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Baker and Dale's brother, Duane Shannon of Chatsworth, have filed a petition in La Salle County for guardianship of the children. A hearing is set for 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21, in the downtown Ottawa courtroom of Circuit Judge Eugene Daugherity.

The petition, submitted by Ottawa attorney Darrell K. Seigler, seeks to have the brother and sister appointed guardians of the estates and minors so the children can be properly and legally cared for while the investigation continues into Tanya's disappearance.

The children, ages 4 to 15, are in the care of Chad and Donna Baker (Dale's sister) of Seneca. Donna said her nieces are doing well in spite of the difficult circumstances and the three oldest girls are back in school under the watchful eye of counselors.

In reading the above article, I hope the family is in agreement on who should be the guardians of these four children.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Do any of the locals know if LE has gone door-to-door, from the K of C up and over to the crash site and surrounding area?

4 Officers left on the case doesn't sound great to me.

4 officers is probably a lot for the LaSalle County Sheriff's office.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DKanalyst For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goosedeals View Post
    Here is the latest news article:

Rumors Hit Shannon Family Hard
    Hi goosedeals and Welcome to WS.
    I've reposted this link so peeps can see its source.

Some of the rumors are spurred by examination from people who are trying to figure this mystery out. Nobody is sure if somehow Tanya left the area with a head injury or against her will. It's possible.
    It must be extremely hard for the family and my heart goes out to them during this trying time.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goosedeals View Post
    Officials were out taking pictures today in the area and had the traffic blocked at times. I didn't see it but someone that works at the power plant saw it when he was coming home.
    Any new info about this today?
    I'm curious what they were doing out there yesterday.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Joe Friday is offline "Son, no matter how you slice that, that's dangerous."
    Quote Originally Posted by DKanalyst View Post
    4 officers is probably a lot for the LaSalle County Sheriff's office.
    I sure hope they do not have four investigator on the case to just debunk the rumors that are reportedly running rampant in the community.

I would agree four investigators still on the case is a lot at this stage since we are approaching two weeks with reportedly no new leads.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

Has LE gone to any of the large snow banks caused by the plows etc., and broke them down to ensure that Tanya is not in them?
    I sense your frustration and wish they could answer what has happened to Tanya. Sheriff Tom Templeton strikes me as a clear eyed man and four men working on the case, in a rural area, sounds reasonable. I wonder if they're aware of websleuths? I'd like to think that they, the police, have covered the obvious bases. They're just not obligated to report the steps they are taking to us. They should be LOL!

This is so sad. Maybe once the snow melts, Tanya will be found. Prayers for her, her late husband, her family, and especially her kids.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to watchful_eye For This Useful Post:

I was thinking about that last night, I think thats a great question.

This is my first post; I live about an hour north of the Shannons and I've been following this closely.

Just heard on the radio that the toxicology report on Dale came back and his blood alcohol level was 0.266 (4 times the legal limit). How did nobody at the party notice that he was so drunk?

http://www.mywebtimes.com/archives/o....php?id=420208

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by ehough22 View Post
    This is my first post; I live about an hour north of the Shannons and I've been following this closely.

Just heard on the radio that the toxicology report on Dale came back and his blood alcohol level was 0.266 (4 times the legal limit). How did nobody at the party notice that he was so drunk?

Welcome to Websleuths, ehough22!

Thanks for posting the new information. That's tragic... especially for the kids/family members. My heart goes out to them...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Hello Ehough! Welcome to Websleuths!!

Oh, that's awful news about Dale's blood alcohol level.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

WHOA! That's a shocker. Just goes to show you you can't believe everything you hear, sometimes all the witnesses involved will swear on their lives that something is true, and then it turns out to be false. Well, that is one big clue to the puzzle. And also it's depressing to hear.... another drunk driver out there. It's too bad he made the choice to put his & his wife's (as well as other innocent peoples') lives at risk like that.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to reb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ehough22 View Post

Sad that it didn't sink in before it was too late. Maybe everyone at the party was half in the bag.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Joe Friday is offline "Son, no matter how you slice that, that's dangerous."
    WOW, three times over the legal limit.

What happen to him being sober at the party and being very responsible and adamant about taking precautions when they went out according to what Dale's sister said in the following linked article?

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-miss...,5061660.story

"It was her car they drove, but Dale drove it. He was sober at the party. He was very responsible and adamant about taking precautions when they went out. I know the accident wasn't a result of anything like that," she said. "Her family just wants her back."
    Lasalle county court records cannot be accessed without an account. I was interested to see if there were any other alcohol related records associated with Dale in the past. Anyone have an account? http://www.lasallecounty.com/

35. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

I'm new here too, and this is my first post!

So heres my question....do you think that Dale might have driven them home because he was the most sober of the two?

Maybe she was able to walk away because she was so intoxicated that her body was extremely relaxed at the time of the accident? I remember reading somewhere that people who are intoxicated survive accidents because they don't tense up before the crash.....could that have helped her?

And maybe she walked further than anyone expected because her brain wasn't sending the proper signals to her body about how cold she really....

I'm not trying to make her sound like a bad person....she was an adult and she did not drive or put anyone in danger....

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jipsee For This Useful Post:

Welcome to Websleuths Jipsee! It's great to have you here

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Oh no he didn't....

If he was drunk and HE was killed... then it is amazing that she isn't also dead or seriously injured in that car.

The seat belt must be what made the difference here, Tanya must have been wearing hers. Along with being shorter, so she had more support from the seat than Dale did.

If Tanya was drunk and she KNEW Dale was driving drunk... I wonder if there would have been concern on her part about being charged for that? Not that it would be a good reason to take off, but I wonder if that'd be a concern or not. Hard to imagine her being more drunk than him and still walking... but anything is possible.

I wonder if this changes LE's perspective or opinion on where Tanya is at all?

This is all beyond my comprehension. I literally will NOT drink if I am NOT at home. The one exception I made was on an airplane with my mother in law, but I wasn't driving when we got off the plane. I won't even move the truck into the garage if I have taken a sip of my drink already. I just can't comprehend drinking at a party... much less driving home later.

I think it's sad that the thought of Tanya staging this whole accident hardly phased me, but finding out Dale was that drunk...infuriated me.

Interesting how our own life experiences tend to shape our reactions to these things.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Thats horrible news....

43. The Following User Says Thank You to nort For This Useful Post:

OH my...that is indeed a terrible thing to learn.
    tsk tsk

I don't think Dale's sister is a very reliable and honest person. It seems like everything she has said has come back to bite her in the rear! She had to know toxicology reports would show he was drunk.

Tanya also filed for divorce in September accusing Dale of extreme mental abuse. Yet his sister said they were happily married for 20 years and arm in arm and completely in love at the party.

What else is the family hiding or trying to spin to make the situation look and sound better? It is past the point that they need to be completely honest. None of that matters right now. What matters is finding Tanya!

Those poor kids? This new news makes me wonder if Tanya's family will contest guardianship.

What I wouldn't give to know everything that LE knows.

46. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Day Dreamer For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast