1295 users online (193 members and 1102 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    The snow came last night. The first body was found over the weekend when there was no snow.

Sheesh. NG can't get any of this straight can she?!
    ...the truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers ~ Judge Stan Strickland
    It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. ~Abraham Lincoln
    IMO, the minivan and the blanket are key to Haleigh Cummings' disappearance...

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    TY

Its not near the Hamptons at all. Im trying to call her show. But I know yr just posting what she has on her show.
    Thanks, I was just about to ask about that!
    I have been to the Hamptons and I just couldn't get the
    Long Island thing.........it was so confusing!

I thought I was crazy!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaAvalon View Post
    I am so not getting these stories!

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rbs&id=7843812

However, the discovery comes almost 8 months after Gilbert's family say she made a frantic 911 call for help from the same location.

"Her last phone call was 21 minutes to 911, when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck, the police missed her by about 5," said Mari Gilbert, Shannon's mother.
    "She was basically running away, trying to leave, and it was her going 'get away from me, get away from me', running and knocking on neighbor's doors," said Sherre Gilberg, Shannon's sister.
    "Screaming, 'help me, help me, he's trying to kill me," Mari Gilbert said.

The "same location" is desolate. There are no houses unless you are in Gilgo which is west of where the bodies were found or Oak Beach which is east. Neither of which are on Fire Island.

Hmmm... wonder what led LE to that spot to look for her, particularly.
    On NG they said LE was in a training session with K9. Its posted in a article on the 1st page.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Why does NG keep saying "locals and tourists alike"?

Who would have burlap bags?
    restaurants........potatoes?
    landscapers
    feed mills........animal feed
    fisherman...........shell fish lawyer just said and he said especially if 'they were dismembered' OH NO NOT AGAIN!!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    FWIW, NG said that a LEO was out walking his dog and the dog found the first set of remains.

I'd read elsewhere (will have to find that info) that the LEO was out training his dog.

Haven't read that LE targeted this spot purposely.
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...kway-1.2539606

On Saturday, a canine unit was searching in the area on a missing-persons case as well as for training purposes when the skeletal remains were discovered.

The remains in the underbrush, were about 6 or 8 feet from the road's shoulder.

Pelkofsky said a missing-person report had been made in May for Shonnan Gilbert, 24, of Jersey City, who police had been looking for Saturday when they found the remains.
    It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. ~Abraham Lincoln

Why did they say 4 bodies then 3.......then not sure if all women........
    shutting off NG, she is confusing me more every minute!!
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

They first found 1, then they found 2 more and then they found a 4th. They didn't find them all at once. So some articles out there in MSM say "body found" or "3 bodies found" or "4th body found".

Megan Waterman was from Maine and a tourist. I guess that's why she said tourist. Okay, now that makes sense.

There were 4 bodies found, 3 of them female, one not yet identified.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...ller-1.2540757

What I can't get over is that one of the bodies was 6 to 12 feet from the roadway. And there was no smell??

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Megan Waterman was from Maine and a tourist. I guess that's why she said tourist. Okay, now that makes sense.
    Megan Waterman was also a Craigslist prostitute.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...73-504083.html

There were 4 bodies found, 3 of them female, one not yet identified.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...ller-1.2540757

What I can't get over is that one of the bodies was 6 to 12 feet from the roadway. And there was no smell??
    Maybe the area does not see a lot of foot traffic and cars wiizzing by may connect any odor to a skunk or normal wildlife?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Pat Brown said she thinks it's a SK working alone...doesn't have a tag-along.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

What's weird about the Fire Island tie-in to Shannon is that to get to a home on Fire Island from the spot where the bodies were found is not easy. You need a boat, either personal or ferry, to get to residential Fire Island.

Also, I read an article which stated Fire Island is a mile from the bodies' location. Fire Island *is* close by, but just the state park - Robert Moses.

Whoever it is probably lives inland.
    Actually, you can walk into the residential area of Fire Island from Robert Moses State Park--we did it this summer. It's about a 1/2 mile walk on a sandy road--and at some times of year that road is open to car traffic--up to the town of Kismet (I think that's to allow people to ferry supplies in some times). But it's true that cars aren't allowed in town and on the rest of the Island.

The area where the bodies were found are on Long Island's South shore. Attached is a link to a detailed map of Fire Island.

Link to map

If you scroll to the left as far as you can go, and look toward the bottom of the map to the area left of "Fire Island Lighthouse Visitor Center" you will see "Captree State Park". To the left of that is Ocean Parkway, with Oak Beach listed below it. This is the area where they found the bodies. As you can tell, there is water to the north and the south of the area. To reach it, you either have to come across the Robert Moses Causeway, or come from the west, which is where Jones Beach and Gilgo Beach State Parks are located.

There are beach communities in the area (on Oak Island and Captree Island), but a lot of it is protected wetlands and state park areas. It is pretty dark and desolate there at night. There used to be a night club in the area on the map where the words "Oak Beach" are printed and the club was called the Oak Beach Inn. I believe that may be the club that, according to Nancy Grace's show, Donald Trump is trying to purchase. I believe it is closed now.

Montauk Point and the Hamptons are due east, probably and hour, more likely an hour and a half drive away (on a good day). But, there are lots of young yuppies, gay men, etc. who spend their summers on Fire Island.
    Last edited by Penelope; 12-14-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typo!

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast