1078 users online (230 members and 848 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Insane Questions for SuperDave

Quote Originally Posted by M.James
    I'm mostly a sideliner (although I've always got questions, maybe you could ask Dave to start an 'Insane questions for SuperDave' thread for me?), but since it was brought up, I wanted to add my thoughts.
    Okay, folks. This is it: the anything-goes portion of our show. Any question, no matter what, will be asked here.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

I have a question SD. I am new to JonBenets forum, but not in my belief of Ramsey guilt. I understand that John went on a business trip to TX and took the family with him.

I have heard that people said JonBenet had changed, when she returned from this trip.

Can you point me in the direction to find out more information about this? Thanks!

And thank you for starting the thread!

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I have a question SD. I am new to JonBenets forum, but not in my belief of Ramsey guilt. I understand that John went on a business trip to TX and took the family with him.

I have heard that people said JonBenet had changed, when she returned from this trip.

Can you point me in the direction to find out more information about this? Thanks!

And thank you for starting the thread!
    You're welcome.

I honestly don't know that much about it. I've heard the same thing, and if memory serves, that was one of the things LHP said.

Insane questions eh....

Okay...what more do you think is needed to link PR to the Ransom note.
    I mean, we know what we have and we know what people interpret from it, but what do you think we NEED.

And in saying that, specifically, what do you think we NEED that we can actually GET?

Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    Insane questions eh....

Okay...what more do you think is needed to link PR to the Ransom note.

I mean, we know what we have and we know what people interpret from it, but what do you think we NEED.

And in saying that, specifically, what do you think we NEED that we can actually GET?
    Well, operating on the basis that we NEED anything, the only thing I can think of is a confession. She's out, obviously, but perhaps from someone who saw her write it or at least was there when she did. That leaves (possibly) one person. But HOW to get him to confess it without pulling a Dirty Harry?

Question

I have another one SD. Was there 'a fixer' that started doing cover up and damage control, even before the BPD was called? Who do you think 'The Fixer' might be.

Thanks

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Ok, I watch too many TV cop shows, but last night's gave me an idea. The clever cop solved the murder by finding a similarity with another murder. He reasoned that if someone has commited a crime like this more than once, they have a pattern. This sounds quite reasonable, but you have to identify what the pattern may be. If an IDI did kill JBR, then he/she may have either killed before or since, (or was involved in another) or in a successful ransom demand, so there might be clues here.

Looking at this murder, I've tried to identify some things that might be replicated.

1. Precious child
    2. Rich parents
    3. RN
    4. Timing (holidays -- Christmas, etc)
    5. Cord
    6. Tape
    7. Hid in house
    8. ???????

Hi, Dave,

Thanks for suffering the fool.

Carried over from the other thread -

It's Christmas, M.James! Sure, I'll do it for you. (Although, I kind of thought that was the whole point of the "Ask Super" threads.

Thank you. I looked at two of those threads and didn't think my question fit the description of what you wanted. I didn't find the third one (if there is one). Side note: I've a dinosaur computer, and dial-up - the joke's on me - searching isn't fun or easy.
    I may've nerved up to ask one of my crazy/stupid questions on one of those someday. Now, I've set myself up earlier than anticipated.

I'd like to humor you a bit on what I know on this case - sorry, but I don't know how to measure in such small quantities.

When Jonebenet was murdered the airtime around here was little to none, and few people spoke about it. It happened, it was a tragedy, it wasn't discussed much, it was over - out of sight, out of mind.

Although, after I got my first computer, and learned to use resources and tools, such as Google, I did have a list of things I wanted to update myself on, one of them was finding out if they ever solved this case - it wasn't, and I never researched to find out why. But, I never forgot her.

When I landed here a few months ago, it re-opened questions for me. As is the case with a few other stories (Darlie Routier, etc.).
    After reading and reading here and Googling and reading, I found out lots of things I never knew, saw pictures I'd never seen, read opinions I'd never heard. It was overwhelming at first, then there wasn't much new, most things became repetitive and redundant. No eureka moment.

Sometimes when I run into a question for myself, I wonder if it's already been asked. I can't search here because I don't have enough posts to do that, but I do take it to Google, and about ninety-nine percent of the time I find it's already been asked. Sometimes I have crazy questions that I'm almost ashamed to ask, but I still want to know. Sometimes they're irrelevant to the case, but I'm still curious. That's likely the case with this question. And, as mentioned, it's possible that the question's been asked, but it's one I didn't find.

People see things I don't (barbie dolls, heart), they hear things I don't (Burke and John on the 911). I want to, but I don't. I don't have good speakers or eyes, either.

In the autopsy photos from crimeshots (http://crimeshots.com/CrimeScene1.html), second column, fourth down, and also first column, fifth down, you can see the cord around the neck. The hair and necklace appear as they've been turned (or twisted with the cord, as if someone tied the cord on the other side, then adjusted it (by pulling, turning) to where they wanted it. That's how it looks to me anyway. The hair looks as it slid over with the cord. My crazy (and irrelevant) question is (I understand that any answer is only opinion, but I'm interested):

If it's true that the cord was moved after it was tied, why? What difference did it make?

Yes, it sounds crazy, but something I wonder everytime I see that picture. I'd like to put the thought to rest after a couple of months of thinking about it. I think I can be satisfied by being convinced it was never moved.

Thanks so much for trudging through my mess, and for acting kindly after being called-out by a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    Ok, I watch too many TV cop shows, but last night's gave me an idea. The clever cop solved the murder by finding a similarity with another murder. He reasoned that if someone has commited a crime like this more than once, they have a pattern. This sounds quite reasonable, but you have to identify what the pattern may be. If an IDI did kill JBR, then he/she may have either killed before or since, (or was involved in another) or in a successful ransom demand, so there might be clues here.

Looking at this murder, I've tried to identify some things that might be replicated.

1. Precious child
    2. Rich parents
    3. RN
    4. Timing (holidays -- Christmas, etc)
    5. Cord
    6. Tape
    7. Hid in house
    8. ???????
    But what if the other murders took place in a country that doesn't share statistics or circumstances of murder, either internally or externally? In this country, are the victims too intimidated by the crime to call the police?

Seems to me the gist of the ransom note was to intimidate JR, not to call the police but they did anyway. Why? Because the ransom note didn't intimidate them.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 12-17-2010 at 12:28 PM.

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    But what if the other murders took place in a country that doesn't share statistics or circumstances of murder, either internally or externally? In this country, are the victims too intimidated by the crime to call the police?

Seems to me the gist of the ransom note was to intimidate JR, not to call the police but they did anyway. Why? Because the ransom note didn't intimidate them.
    Just carrying that logic out a little further...

If "the gist of the ransom note was to intimidate JR, not to call the police but they did anyway. Why? Because the ransom note didn't intimidate them."

If the ransom note didn't intimidate them. Why? Because they knew the threats were not real.

If they knew the threats were not real. Why? Because they authored the RN.

Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post
    Just carrying that logic out a little further...

If "the gist of the ransom note was to intimidate JR, not to call the police but they did anyway. Why? Because the ransom note didn't intimidate them."

If the ransom note didn't intimidate them. Why? Because they knew the threats were not real.

If they knew the threats were not real. Why? Because they authored the RN.
    I presented a possible explanation for why there are no repeat or prior offenses with the same MO. I'm suggesting that there were repeat crimes with similar MO both before and after, but the information isn't reaching us.

Its not reaching us because the parents were too intimidated to notify police, and if they did the information isn't being shared internationally.

This is not an opportunity to show how 'it all fits' with RDI because everybody already knows it doesn't all fit with RDI. Its not a big secret that RDI is floundering a bit. But please, feel free to spin every single post back to RDI. I wonder though why you feel the need so strongly to do that, after 14 years I'd think things would be more open to suggestion.

Meanwhile, the assumption that we on this forum 'know it all' or know about all instances of child murder globally is just an assumption, and a large one at that. I believe that we only know a percentage of instances.

RDI will nevertheless state as fact that there was no serial killer because there were no similar murders either before or after. Obviously this is just a grand assumption.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 12-17-2010 at 01:32 PM.

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    I presented a possible explanation for why there are no repeat or prior offenses with the same MO. I'm suggesting that there were repeat crimes with similar MO both before and after, but the information isn't reaching us.

Its not reaching us because the parents were too intimidated to notify police, and if they did the information isn't being shared internationally.

This is not an opportunity to show how 'it all fits' with RDI because everybody already knows it doesn't all fit with RDI. Its not a big secret that RDI is floundering a bit. But please, feel free to spin every single post back to RDI. I wonder though why you feel the need so strongly to do that, after 14 years I'd think things would be more open to suggestion.

Meanwhile, the assumption that we on this forum 'know it all' or know about all instances of child murder globally is just an assumption, and a large one at that. I believe that we only know a percentage of instances.

RDI will nevertheless state as fact that there was no serial killer because there were no similar murders either before or after. Obviously this is just a grand assumption.
    No, actually you're not presenting a possible explanation, Holdon. You are insinuating and hinting at possibilities hoping (I'm only guessing here) that someone will take the bait, or think you have some information that no one else is aware of.

Again, I, like others have, will ask you to spell it out and state your theory in order for it to be seriously considered, rather than making these broad general statements and "grand assumptions" of your own about what "RDI" thinks and says as justification for your beliefs.

Consider this a request or a suggestion, but it would help make your case if you would be more specific.

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I have another one SD. Was there 'a fixer' that started doing cover up and damage control, even before the BPD was called? Who do you think 'The Fixer' might be.

Thanks
    You mean like the Wolf in "Pulp Fiction?" I strongly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by M.James View Post
    Hi, Dave,

Thanks for suffering the fool.
    That's nothing new for me, M.James!

Carried over from the other thread -

It's Christmas, M.James! Sure, I'll do it for you. (Although, I kind of thought that was the whole point of the "Ask Super" threads.

Thank you. I looked at two of those threads and didn't think my question fit the description of what you wanted. I didn't find the third one (if there is one). Side note: I've a dinosaur computer, and dial-up - the joke's on me - searching isn't fun or easy.
    I may've nerved up to ask one of my crazy/stupid questions on one of those someday. Now, I've set myself up earlier than anticipated.

I'd like to humor you a bit on what I know on this case - sorry, but I don't know how to measure in such small quantities.

When Jonbenet was murdered the airtime around here was little to none, and few people spoke about it. It happened, it was a tragedy, it wasn't discussed much, it was over - out of sight, out of mind.

Although, after I got my first computer, and learned to use resources and tools, such as Google, I did have a list of things I wanted to update myself on, one of them was finding out if they ever solved this case - it wasn't, and I never researched to find out why. But, I never forgot her.

When I landed here a few months ago, it re-opened questions for me. As is the case with a few other stories (Darlie Routier, etc.).
    After reading and reading here and Googling and reading, I found out lots of things I never knew, saw pictures I'd never seen, read opinions I'd never heard. It was overwhelming at first, then there wasn't much new, most things became repetitive and redundant. No eureka moment.

Sometimes when I run into a question for myself, I wonder if it's already been asked. I can't search here because I don't have enough posts to do that, but I do take it to Google, and about ninety-nine percent of the time I find it's already been asked. Sometimes I have crazy questions that I'm almost ashamed to ask, but I still want to know. Sometimes they're irrelevant to the case, but I'm still curious. That's likely the case with this question. And, as mentioned, it's possible that the question's been asked, but it's one I didn't find.

People see things I don't (barbie dolls, heart), they hear things I don't (Burke and John on the 911). I want to, but I don't. I don't have good speakers or eyes, either.

In the autopsy photos from crimeshots (http://crimeshots.com/CrimeScene1.html), second column, fourth down, and also first column, fifth down, you can see the cord around the neck. The hair and necklace appear as they've been turned (or twisted with the cord, as if someone tied the cord on the other side, then adjusted it (by pulling, turning) to where they wanted it. That's how it looks to me anyway. The hair looks as it slid over with the cord. My crazy (and irrelevant) question is (I understand that any answer is only opinion, but I'm interested):

If it's true that the cord was moved after it was tied, why? What difference did it make?

Yes, it sounds crazy, but something I wonder everytime I see that picture. I'd like to put the thought to rest after a couple of months of thinking about it. I think I can be satisfied by being convinced it was never moved.

Thanks so much for trudging through my mess, and for acting kindly after being called-out by a stranger.
    No problem. I've never thought it was moved. My only thought was maybe it was not tied until after she was strangled. Follow?

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast