GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here...
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

All Media Links

Threadiquette
Name Variations and Name calling
Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.
Name calling is not allowed.

We are a victim friendly crime site, please keep this in mind when speaking of the family and BS. They are victims unless something changes in the news.

If you have any questions about what is ok to post, please ask, you can check at the bottom of the page for a Mod on this particlular forum, we are all happy to help out and answer your questions. Glad to have you all here!!!

Thanks for the new thread... :)

Thanks, impatientredhead.

He got off way too easy. Was he placed on probation? Was he required to register as a sex offender? I know you may not know the answer to these questions, but he did get off with a slap on the hand. That is so totally unfair to the victim.

It is very wrong.. the things done to that girl and he gets off with what? Practically nothing!

My *guess* is the victim didn't want to testify when the time came.

I was looking at the charges for AM and noticed the term "nolle prosequi". I looked it up and it means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolle_prosequi

Nolle prosequi (pronounced /ˌnɒli ˈprɒsəkwaɪ/;[1] Classical Latin: /ˈnolːe ˈproːsekwiː/) is a Latin legal phrase meaning "to be unwilling to pursue"[2] a Latin construction that amounts to "please do not prosecute". It is the term used in many common law criminal jurisdictions to describe a prosecutor's application to discontinue criminal charges before trial, or up until, but before verdict.[3]

Sounds like someone either didn't want to pursue it, or the prosecutor decided there wasn't enough to proceed? So they settled for a plea? Not sure b/c the details aren't outlined. I believe Japandaaa mentioned alot of details on the previous thread about the other girls not wanting anyone to get in trouble or something like that. Maybe she can chime in...

I was looking at the charges for AM and noticed the term "nolle prosequi". I looked it up and it means:

Sounds like someone either didn't want to pursue it, or the prosecutor decided there wasn't enough to proceed? So they settled for a plea? Not sure b/c the details aren't outlined. I believe Japandaaa mentioned alot of details on the previous thread about the other girls not wanting anyone to get in trouble or something like that. Maybe she can chime in...

Sometimes they'll nolle pros a charge during a plea agreement. The person will plead guilty to one or more charges if they'll drop the other(s).

You know, there's a chance that Brittany didn't know her mom was dead when they initially left. Buying the camping equipment does imply that she knew they were going away. She does appear nervous but she does not look like a girl whose mother was just murdered. I wonder if TS and JE had it out over BS (it may have gotten physical), JE took BS and left, and someone else came and finished TS off.

This is just speculation as I do believe that JE is fully capable of having done the deed himself.

But with all this news of AM and JM...I think someone else said it best when they said it has all gotten so much more confusing.

The warrant shows that a flat screen TV, a Wii gaming system, a DVD player and DVDs were missing from the Smith home. All those items were noticed missing by a family member and described to police by an informant who stated similar items were in Easely's SUV when McElvey bought the vehicle.

It took time and strength IMO (2) to load such articles also after Tina's death!
What did these guys do, step over her dead body to remove the articles?
Is this why some think BS changed her pants from what they saw in WM
tape to the AM tape???
Get her pants dirty loading up stuff in the SUV?
Is that what was done in the time between the 2 tapes?
Was that McElvey on phone calling JE at Walmart???

The warrant shows that a flat screen TV, a Wii gaming system, a DVD player and DVDs were missing from the Smith home. All those items were noticed missing by a family member and described to police by an informant who stated similar items were in Easely's SUV when McElvey bought the vehicle.

It took time and strength IMO (2) to load such articles also after Tina's death!
tape to the AM tape???

Did they ever say where TS was found? BS may not have seen her after her death even if she was in the house.

tape to the AM tape???

BBM

The Wii, DVD player, and DVDs - not so much. But the flat screen TV? It would depend on how big. We moved one a few months ago for my parents in our car, and DH -- who is 6'1" and about 230 could not move it alone. :twocents: (ETA: the TV we moved was huge - maybe 52" or larger?)

I kind shell shock with the new players in this case. I expected some one else was involve... but this new news wasn't what I was thinking!

Just didn't see this coming!

BBM

The Wii, DVD player, and DVDs - not so much. But the flat screen TV? It would depend on how big. We moved one a few months ago for my parents in our car, and DH -- who is 6'1" and about 230 could not move it alone. :twocents:

I have a flat screen that is sized at 42" and I can carry it alone...I'm 5'4"

Roanoke man 'could have assisted in Tina Smith's death
A search warrant filed Monday says that the man who bought Jeffrey Easley's red SUV could have helped kill Brittany Smith's mother Tina.
Investigators say he is not a suspect or a person of interest, although authorities say they haven't ruled anyone out yet.
In the search warrant filed in Roanoke Circuit Court, investigators say that Jeff Easley sold his red Chevy SUV to Adam McElvy, of Roanoke, in the evening hours of December 3- the same night police believe Tina Smith was killed.
More...

Garden city man could have assisted in the murder of Tina Smith
Police believe a man who bought Jeffrey Easley's Chevy SUV "could have assisted in the murder" of Tina Smith.
Tina Smith was found murdered in her home on Fort Lewis Circle in Roanoke County on December 6th. According to a search warrant, Easley sold his red 2000 Chevy SUV to Adam McElvy and Jordan McClure sometime during the evening hours of December 3rd.
More...

Brittany Smith reunited with family with video
Brittany Smith's father huddled with relatives Monday night, filled with the excitement of seeing his daughter for the first time since she disappeared for seven days with a man police say is her abductor and a suspect in her mother's killing.
Benjamin Smith stood at the same lectern at the Roanoke County police headquarters where Chief Ray Lavinder just days earlier passed along tidbits, photographs and video surveillance tapes in hopes of finding Brittany.
More...

The prosecutor may have not had enough physical evidence to proceed without a willing victim, or may have been concerned about proving it. Japandaaa's statement that there were several underage girls there that night I can only imagine this victim became the bad guy and was causing everyone trouble.

Since the went with contributing the delinquency of a minor I am assuming he admitted to giving her alcohol in his original statement and the sex was not provable without the girl or they could have gotten statutory rape if he had just said it was consensual.

I thought I read she was beaten to death... i might have dreamed it though!

No. I suspect we won't know until the trial.

I think we will know when the indictment is handed down.
Originally I thought they were withholding it to see if Brittany knew the intimate details, but today's players add a whole 'nother level to why they are so tight lipped about this.

I thought I read she was beaten to death... i might have dreamed it though!

Her family said the friend that found the body said she was beaten.
LE has not confirmed that.
And some of the early articles say she was shot.
So who knows at this point.

it was a sister or mother or something I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members