720 users online (84 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WA - Tacoma, Human Foot UP8783, in hiking boot, Tideflats, Dec'10

A human foot was discovered washed up on a beach in Tacoma on Sunday.
    Tacoma Police say a size 6 boys boot was found along the shoreline of the Tideflats. The boot contained the remains of a human foot believed to be either a child or a small adult.
    Investigators believe the boot may have floated into the area from either the Puyallup River or the Puget Sound.

More at link including picture of shoe!

http://tacoma.komonews.com/content/h...long-tideflats
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-30-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: add state prefix and date/state to thread title

What size foot did Kyron Horman have???
    Is this near where he could be?
    also is this the same place other feet have been found before???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Kyron's shoes were Skeechers brand, IIRC.

Kyron Horman, Replica of clothing, shoes & glasses - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(I Googled "Kyron Horman's shoes" to make sure I was remembering correctly, and the WS thread was the first hit. I am so glad WS serves as a reference and an archive for these cases.)

ETA: These are OzArk Trail brand, and Kyron's were Skeechers. (Figured I should make that explicit in case the links stop working.)
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    What size foot did Kyron Horman have???
    Is this near where he could be?
    also is this the same place other feet have been found before???
    Yes, this and BC have had quite the oddest amount of feet wash up. Half a dozen or so, the article says. Very odd.

Ever since I moved to the NW I've heard about feet being washed ashore. It's bizarre!!!

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    How odd that feet just keep washing up?
    That's crazy.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    These are the boots...
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Why are human feet washing ashore in the Pacific Northwest?

From the NY Post:

So far, the owners of three of the nine feet have been identified, though the names have not been released to the press: the young woman who formerly owned the matching pair, and the young man to whom the first foot belonged. He was identified through the shoe.

"His pair was from India, which was fairly unique," Dolan said. "We did a media fan-out, and the mother remembered buying that shoe with her son in India." It was determined that he committed suicide; of the other identified body, authorities will say only that her demise was not suspicious.

That the identities of the other victims remains unknown is, to investigators, saddening. Both Canada and the United States have national missing-persons databases, and once a name is entered, authorities obtain the missing person's DNA from a toothbrush or other personal item. That none of these feet has been a match leads investigators to conclude that no one in the United States or Canada has reported them missing. That they are wearing expensive athletic shoes also discounts the theory that they're vagrants.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz188VMlX3h

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    From the NY Post:

So far, the owners of three of the nine feet have been identified, though the names have not been released to the press: the young woman who formerly owned the matching pair, and the young man to whom the first foot belonged. He was identified through the shoe.

"His pair was from India, which was fairly unique," Dolan said. "We did a media fan-out, and the mother remembered buying that shoe with her son in India." It was determined that he committed suicide; of the other identified body, authorities will say only that her demise was not suspicious.

That the identities of the other victims remains unknown is, to investigators, saddening. Both Canada and the United States have national missing-persons databases, and once a name is entered, authorities obtain the missing person's DNA from a toothbrush or other personal item. That none of these feet has been a match leads investigators to conclude that no one in the United States or Canada has reported them missing. That they are wearing expensive athletic shoes also discounts the theory that they're vagrants.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz188VMlX3h
    Though people do donate some pretty expensive stuff to homeless shelters and charity shops at times. After it's been in the water a while, I don't know how easy it would be to say if the shoe was second hand or not.

Another thing the article points out is the reason they are feet. The buoyancy of the shoes is what makes them float to shore.

Shantina Smiley is my first thought.. I hope they find her one day.

A boy I knew was washed away on the Oregon Coast 3 & 1/2 years ago; they've never found him.

These feet that wash ashore fascinate me in a macabre way. The fact that so many wash ashore in Washington and Oregon must have something to do with the ocean currents.

That shoe really does bear an uncanny resemblence to Kyron's style of shoe! I doubt it's connected but maybe it's at least a good omen - shoes float, so maybe they will find Kyron that way someday.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

I saw this on the board and instantly thought: ANOTHER FOOT? This is just bizarre...

Thank you for putting this here.I am very interested in who this is.I pray they find out soon.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast