WA WA - Tacoma, Tideflats, age~15 UP8783, foot in Sz 6 "Ozark Trail" hiking boot, sock, Dec'10

gibby207

Pooh just is.
Reaction score
A human foot was discovered washed up on a beach in Tacoma on Sunday.
Tacoma Police say a size 6 boys boot was found along the shoreline of the Tideflats. The boot contained the remains of a human foot believed to be either a child or a small adult.
Investigators believe the boot may have floated into the area from either the Puyallup River or the Puget Sound.

More at link including picture of shoe!

http://tacoma.komonews.com/content/human-foot-washes-along-tideflats

What size foot did Kyron Horman have???
Is this near where he could be?
also is this the same place other feet have been found before???

kryon-horman-clothes-470.jpg

Kyron Horman, Replica of clothing, shoes & glasses - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(I Googled "Kyron Horman's shoes" to make sure I was remembering correctly, and the WS thread was the first hit. I am so glad WS serves as a reference and an archive for these cases.)

ETA: These are OzArk Trail brand, and Kyron's were Skeechers. (Figured I should make that explicit in case the links stop working.)

What size foot did Kyron Horman have???
Is this near where he could be?
also is this the same place other feet have been found before???

Yes, this and BC have had quite the oddest amount of feet wash up. Half a dozen or so, the article says. Very odd.

How odd that feet just keep washing up?
That's crazy.

These are the boots...
shoes.jpg

From the NY Post:

So far, the owners of three of the nine feet have been identified, though the names have not been released to the press: the young woman who formerly owned the matching pair, and the young man to whom the first foot belonged. He was identified through the shoe.

"His pair was from India, which was fairly unique," Dolan said. "We did a media fan-out, and the mother remembered buying that shoe with her son in India." It was determined that he committed suicide; of the other identified body, authorities will say only that her demise was not suspicious.

That the identities of the other victims remains unknown is, to investigators, saddening. Both Canada and the United States have national missing-persons databases, and once a name is entered, authorities obtain the missing person's DNA from a toothbrush or other personal item. That none of these feet has been a match leads investigators to conclude that no one in the United States or Canada has reported them missing. That they are wearing expensive athletic shoes also discounts the theory that they're vagrants.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sea_full_of_lost_soles_pfnvS46RwY6CkG6MG9FaSO#ixzz188VMlX3h

From the NY Post:

So far, the owners of three of the nine feet have been identified, though the names have not been released to the press: the young woman who formerly owned the matching pair, and the young man to whom the first foot belonged. He was identified through the shoe.

"His pair was from India, which was fairly unique," Dolan said. "We did a media fan-out, and the mother remembered buying that shoe with her son in India." It was determined that he committed suicide; of the other identified body, authorities will say only that her demise was not suspicious.

That the identities of the other victims remains unknown is, to investigators, saddening. Both Canada and the United States have national missing-persons databases, and once a name is entered, authorities obtain the missing person's DNA from a toothbrush or other personal item. That none of these feet has been a match leads investigators to conclude that no one in the United States or Canada has reported them missing. That they are wearing expensive athletic shoes also discounts the theory that they're vagrants.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sea_full_of_lost_soles_pfnvS46RwY6CkG6MG9FaSO#ixzz188VMlX3h

Though people do donate some pretty expensive stuff to homeless shelters and charity shops at times. After it's been in the water a while, I don't know how easy it would be to say if the shoe was second hand or not.

Another thing the article points out is the reason they are feet. The buoyancy of the shoes is what makes them float to shore.

Shantina Smiley is my first thought.. I hope they find her one day.

A boy I knew was washed away on the Oregon Coast 3 & 1/2 years ago; they've never found him. :(

These feet that wash ashore fascinate me in a macabre way. The fact that so many wash ashore in Washington and Oregon must have something to do with the ocean currents.

That shoe really does bear an uncanny resemblence to Kyron's style of shoe! I doubt it's connected but maybe it's at least a good omen - shoes float, so maybe they will find Kyron that way someday.

I saw this on the board and instantly thought: ANOTHER FOOT? :( This is just bizarre...

Thank you for putting this here.I am very interested in who this is.I pray they find out soon.

Kyron wore a size 11 shoe when he went missing...

I kind of think the feet washing up all over the place need their own thread, so we can better keep up on the happenings of this strange occurance...it is very interesting.

http://www.kgw.com/news/111938954.html
the right foot was still inside a boy's size 6 "OzArk Trail" hiking boot and likely belonged to a juvenile or small adult. He says the boots were sold in Walmart stores from 2004 to 2005. (A hand me down from an older sibling or went missing that long ago?)

This is just bizarre...you would think people would notice one-footed or legged people showing up here and there....:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back