WA WA - Diane Reeves, 23, Ferndale, 26 July 1989

Michle315

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1408dfwa.html

Diane Leslie Reeves
Missing since July 26, 1989 from Ferndale, Whatcom County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: February 19, 1966
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 160 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; green eyes.
* Clothing: Levi jacket, gray sweatshirt and yellow sweat pants.
* Dentals: X-rays Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Reeves, who reportedly was emotionally distraught, was reported missing by her boyfriend from her Ferndale, Washington home on July 26, 1989.

Her silver 1983 Subaru, 4 door was found on September 2, 1989 at the end of Forest Road 4131 on Green Mountain in the Mt. Baker, Snoqualmie National Forest near Granite Falls, Washington. The car was discovered 11 miles from Mountain Loop Highway in the Canyon Lake area. The car's keys were on the front seat. There were no signs of violence.

Reeves was not equipped to travel in the rugged country where her car was found. Her hat was found in the rugged terrain near her car.
A search with about 20 search-and-rescue volunteers, aided by a helicopter and bloodhounds of the area yielded no clues to the whereabouts of Reeves.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Whatcom County Sheriff's Office
Detective Mark Joseph
360-676-6650

--
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
Detective Jim Scharf or Detective Dave Heitzman
425-388-3841
425-388-3843

Agency Case Number: 89-79854; 89A09958

Diane Leslie Reeves
  • diane_leslie_reeves_1.jpg
  • diane_leslie_reeves_2.jpg
  • diane_leslie_reeves_3.jpg
Reeves, circa 1989

• Missing Since 07/26/1989
  • Missing From Ferndale, Washington
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth02/19/1966 (54)
  • Age 23 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 160 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray Levi's jacket, a gray sweatshirt, and yellow sweatpants.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Reeves was last seen leaving her Ferndale, Washington residence on July 26, 1989. She was reportedly emotionally distraught at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing by her boyfriend.

On September 2, 1989, over a month after Reeves's disappearance, her silver four-door 1983 Plymouth Subaru was found abandoned in a very remote, rugged area at the end of a U.S. Forest Service road in the Green Mountains in the Mount Baker/Snoqualmie National Forest area east of Granite Falls, Washington in Snohomish County. There was no sign of Reeves at the scene, but her car keys were on the front seat of the vehicle.

At the time of her disappearance, Reeves was not dressed or equipped to travel in the rugged area where her car was found. Her case remains unsolved. Both Whatcom County and Snohomish County authorities are investigating her disappearance.

LINK:
Diane Leslie Reeves – The Charley Project

I think its a bit of a stretch but has anyone thought about Diane Leslie Reeves of Ferndale Wa and Leah Tobey Roberts from Durham, NC (who was in Bellingham) last time she was seen. They both took off and not seen again . Both of their vehicles were left on a rural forest road (or driven off the side of one) and there wasn't any sign of the person where they found the vehicle. I'm new here but if anyone has any information about either case I'd love to hear it. I hope both cases get solved ASAP

I forgot to mention they were both 23 year old Caucasian women with blond(ish) hair. Just wanted to point out some more similarities. The cases are about 11 years apart which makes me think its a big stretch

15 August 1989, The Bellingham Herald, pg 7

1677228092260.png

Her address was 7136 Portal Way.

"She worked as a flagwoman on construction projects and had been in Whatcom County only a few months before she disappeared."

8 September 1989, The Spokane Chronicle, pg 5

1677228379425.png

8 September 1989, The Belligham Herald, pg 9

1677228563899.png
"[The car] was found Saturday parked at the end of a U.S Forest Service dirt road 14 miles northeast of Granite Falls."

"The road ends and there's no trails."

"There was also no sign of a cat Reeves had with her when she left Ferndale"

"The car's keys were under the floor mat by the front seat."

26 November 1989, The Bellingham Herald, pg 11
1677228976367.png

Timothy Bass was recently charged with Mandy Slavick's murder via DNA

"Some of Reeves personal items were found at the base of a tree nearby"

William Talbot II was found guilty of Jay Cook and Tanya Van Culenborg's murder (Websleuths).

Rita DiSanjh's muder was never solved from what I can tell.

Wendy Aughe's body has never been found (Websleuths). She was presumably murdered by Darrel Dee O'Neall, her car was found abandoned in Eugene, OR.

9 June 1991, The News Tribune, pg 16

1677230177886.png

"Upset over health problems, Diane took some backpacking gear, a couple of changes of clothes, and a kitten when she left her home."

"Her backpack, hat, and coat were discovered late on the rugged lower slopes of Green Mountain." I'm not sure if I'm mapping it correctly but it seems her stuff was found quite far from her car.

"Investigators say the woman visited a ranger station near Verlot and asked about maps of the Pacific Crest Trail and nearby Glacier Peak. She was spotted shopping at the Green Gables Grocery Store about September 1, 1989." The grocery store is now closed but the address listed is 32518 Mountain Loop Highway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back