'Dexter' stars Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter file for divorce

Dark Knight

Reaction score
On-screen siblings and real-life husband and wife Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are calling it quits.

"Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce," reps for both stars told EW.com.

The actors, who met on the Showtime set, have been married for two years. As a couple, they weathered Hall's cancer diagnosis and treatment.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gos...chael-c-hall-divorce-jennifer-carpenter-.html

What is it with these couple divorcing before 2 years have passed and even then it's after being separated for a while. So they are basically married for a year, year and a half, and call it quits???? (Same thing with Scarlett and Ryan.)

I agree 2 years isn't very long. It seems odd to me, too, after going through his cancer diagnosis and treatment, they split up?? I would think that would create a stronger bond for most couples.

Goodness! I didn't know that MCH had cancer. Googled, and now I know why he was wearing the knit cap in some pictures I'd seen of him. Glad that he overcame the illness, and pray there is no recurrence.

I was surprised to learn that Dexter and his "sister" were married in real life, lol. Course, I am late to the game regarding Dexter, have done the first 2 seasons, and 1 disk of Season 3, and am in the midst of a "long wait" to get Season 3, disk 2. << sigh >>

You sure see a lot of skin in this show. Of course, I'm old enough to remember that Jane Russell created a furor in The Outlaw... :eek:

I don't know if this makes me a bad person or whatever, but I was about ready to divorce her for him! She may be great in real life, but I can't stand her acting. The first season of Dexter, I remember loving the show but thinking: why do they have that 3rd-rate actress on here in such a major role? Then I found out they were married.

Well, seriously, I am sorry that they or anyone else has to go through divorce. I wonder how it will play out on the show. If they've been separated, it will probably just go along as is--with her acting squelching the realism of any scene she's in.

Got another Dexter thread in the Jury Room too...:)

Can't understand such a short marriage too. What did they love each other a year, seperate and then divorce? My God, he battled cancer through this too. I would think it would bond them closer together and not pull them apart. There must be more to this story.

Goz

I don't know if this makes me a bad person or whatever, but I was about ready to divorce her for him! She may be great in real life, but I can't stand her acting. The first season of Dexter, I remember loving the show but thinking: why do they have that 3rd-rate actress on here in such a major role? Then I found out they were married.

Well, seriously, I am sorry that they or anyone else has to go through divorce. I wonder how it will play out on the show. If they've been separated, it will probably just go along as is--with her acting squelching the realism of any scene she's in.

Season has ended love, maybe you can join in next season.
OH wait, Deb and Dexter are apart but she is still on the show. No chance for
you joining us Tapu....:blushing:

LGoz

They weren't married when the show first started, so she was cast before he cared one way or another.

He is alleged to be involved with actress Julia Stiles. Wasn't he married once before Jennifer? I thought he had a different wife in his Six Feet Under days.

He is alleged to be involved with actress Julia Stiles. Wasn't he married once before Jennifer? I thought he had a different wife in his Six Feet Under days.

When he was on SFU (God, I loved that show) he was married to actress Amy Spanger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back