834 users online (130 members and 704 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Canada - Tasha Smith, 28, Cambridge, Ont, 1 Dec 2010

Kitchener family searching for missing daughter

28 year-old Tasha Marie Smith was last seen when she left her group home nine days ago.

She's from North Bay and has only been in this area since the summer. Her family has handed out posters in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. Tasha's parents say she knows people in Woodstock, London and Toronto.

Smith is described as:

• NAME: Tasha Marie Smith - - Tasha also goes by the name ‘Punx'
    • RACE: white
    • HEIGHT: 5'4"
    • WEIGHT: 175 pounds
    • HAIR: Blond hair that is shaved on one side and long on the other side. She may have changed the style and color of her hair - She loves dark makeup and unique hairstyles.
    • CLOTHING: She often wears black clothing.
    • TATOO: She has a tattoo of a blue skull on her inside right arm.
    • LAST SEEN: Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 - when she walked out of the Concession Street group home where she was living.

• Smith suffers from a significant mental illness and requires medication. She hasn’t received it in days and her condition is likely deteriorating rapidly, her family said.

• “With Tasha, with her being younger mentally, she’s vulnerable to suggestions and being led astray. She doesn’t understand right from wrong a lot of the time.”

• She only recently moved to the area, where her father and stepmother live, after receiving treatment out of town. “She doesn’t know anything around here. She wouldn’t even know the area without help. That’s what is terrifying us. Someone knows something and no one is telling us.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact police at 519-653-7700 ext. 2210 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

http://swo.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/C...0/?hub=SWOHome

and also <snippets> from article in next post
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Search continues for missing woman
    Tue Dec 14 2010

Daughter missing - Lindy Smith holds up a poster of her missing step-daughter, Tasha.
    WATERLOO REGION — The last two weeks have been agony.

There’s been no word, no real leads — no moments of rest.

All Tasha Smith’s family have are questions, worry and a small tinge of hope that someone’s seen something — seen her.
    more at link: http://www.therecord.com/news/local/...-missing-woman
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Parents plead for information

Missing Woman
    Tasha Marie Smith, 28

570 News Dec 15, 2010 03:36:32 AM
    News of Smith's disappearance has spread to North Bay, where Smith lived before moving to Cambridge in the spring. The Nugget ran a story on Smith yesterday in hopes it would spark more information as to her whereabouts.

But Lindy is convinced the answer lies closer to home. She believes someone at the group home where Tasha was staying knows something and she's pleading with them to provide any information they can.

"Even if they had an idea of where she went, that would give me a better chance to go out and hand out flyers or for someone in that area to spot her," Lindy insists. "They're putting our family through hell."
    There is also a Facebook page "Help Us Find Our Daughter" that has been set up in hopes of gathering more information. .
    ★ Thank you ★

★ Thank you ★

Canada - Tasha Marie Smith - 28 - Cambridge ON (Waterloo region) - 1 Dec 2010

Kitchener family searching for missing daughter

28 year-old Tasha Marie Smith was last seen when she left her group home nine days ago.

She's from North Bay and has only been in this area since the summer. Her family has handed out posters in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. Tasha's parents say she knows people in Woodstock, London and Toronto.

Smith is described as:

• NAME: Tasha Marie Smith - - Tasha also goes by the name ‘Punx'
    • RACE: white
    • HEIGHT: 5'4"
    • WEIGHT: 175 pounds - heavy build
    • EYES: Brown
    • HAIR: Blond hair that is shaved on one side and long on the other side. She may have changed the style and color of her hair - She loves dark makeup and unique hairstyles.
    • CLOTHING: She often wears black clothing.
    • TATOO: She has a tattoo of a blue skull on her inside right arm.
    • LAST SEEN: Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 - when she walked out of the Concession Street group home where she was living.

• Smith suffers from a significant mental illness and requires medication. She hasn’t received it in days and her condition is likely deteriorating rapidly, her family said.

• “With Tasha, with her being younger mentally, she’s vulnerable to suggestions and being led astray. She doesn’t understand right from wrong a lot of the time.”

• She only recently moved to the area, where her father and stepmother live, after receiving treatment out of town. “She doesn’t know anything around here. She wouldn’t even know the area without help. That’s what is terrifying us. Someone knows something and no one is telling us.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact police at 519-653-7700 ext. 2210 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

http://swo.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/C...0/?hub=SWOHome

and also <snippets> from article in next post
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 05-07-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    ★ Thank you ★

Search continues for missing woman
    Tue Dec 14 2010

Daughter missing - Lindy Smith holds up a poster of her missing step-daughter, Tasha.
    WATERLOO REGION — The last two weeks have been agony.

There’s been no word, no real leads — no moments of rest.

All Tasha Smith’s family have are questions, worry and a small tinge of hope that someone’s seen something — seen her.
    more at link: http://www.therecord.com/news/local/...-missing-woman
    ★ Thank you ★

Missing Woman
    Tasha Marie Smith, 28

There is also a Facebook page "Help Us Find Our Daughter" that has been set up in hopes of gathering more information.
    ★ Thank you ★

★ Thank you ★

28 year old woman Tasha Marie Smith missing from Waterloo

http://www.oyetimes.com/news/canada/...ha-marie-smith

Wednesday, 22 December 2010 16:18
    Written by Len Humes

The Toronto Police Service is assisting the Waterloo Regional Police by issuing a missing woman news release on their behalf.

The Waterloo Regional Police is requesting the public’s assistance locating a missing woman.

Tasha Marie Smith, 28, was last seen on Wednesday, December 1, 2010, at 8 p.m., at her Cambridge home.

She is described as white, 5'4", 175lbs, blond hair that is shaved on one side and long on the other side. She has a blue skull and the word "punks" in the skull, tattooed on the inside of her right arm just above the wrist. She usually wears black.

Police have received reports that she has been seen in Toronto near the Eatons Centre.

Police are concerned for her safety.

Family posts reward for missing woman

http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron.../16702736.html

By TAMARA CHERRY, Toronto Sun
    Last Updated: December 29, 2010 5:01pm

It may not sound like much, but as the search for a mentally ill woman turns from desperate to hopeless, $200 is all her family can offer as a reward.

Family posts reward for missing woman

It may not sound like much, but as the search for a mentally ill woman turns from desperate to hopeless, $200 is all her family can offer as a reward.

As of Wednesday, 28-year-old Tasha Smith had been 29 days without her medication for bipolar disorder, multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia.

Her family has spent about as many days looking for Tasha around Ontario, concentrating their efforts on downtown Toronto after several reported sightings of the conspicuous Kitchener woman who disappeared from her group home, seemingly leaving all of her belongings behind Dec. 1.

More: http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron.../16702736.html

New photos of Tasha are being posted right now on her FB Group page.

In this photo, the picture on the wall (behind Tasha) was done by her:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...72429889458615
    ★ Thank you ★

Toronto Police Service
    News Release

Broadcast time: 16:10
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010
    Corporate Communications
    416−808−7100
    The Toronto Police Service is assisting the Waterloo Regional Police by issuing a missing woman news release on their behalf.

The Waterloo Regional Police is requesting the public’s assistance locating a missing woman.

Tasha Marie Smith, 28, was last seen on Wednesday, December 1, 2010, at 8 p.m., at her Cambridge home.

She is described as white, 5'4", 175lbs, blond hair that is shaved on one side and long on the other side. She has a blue skull and the word "punks" in the skull, tattooed on the inside of her right arm just above the wrist. She usually wears black clothing.

Police have received reports that she has been seen in Toronto near the Toronto Eaton Centre.

Police are concerned for her safety.

Anyone with information is asked to contact:
    - Waterloo Regional Police at 519−653−7700 ext 2230,
    - Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637),
    - or Leave A Tip on Facebook

Constable Isabelle Cotton, Corporate Communications

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsr...pdfs/20241.pdf
    ★ Thank you ★

looking for update?

Is this young lady still missing? I see no new update for her in the news. SEEi|

Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 02:32 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast