1125 users online (177 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Emily Wicks (13) - Irving - 13 Dec 2010

EMILY WICKS, Age Now: 13, Missing: 12/13/2010. Missing From IRVING, TX. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Irving Police Department (Texas) 1-972-721-2581.

More...
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 12-21-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Full NCMEC profile

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...61858&seqNum=1

EMILY ANN WICKS
    Case Type: Endangered Missing
    DOB: Oct 20, 1997 Sex: Female
    Missing Date: Dec 13, 2010 Race: White
    Age Now: 13 Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
    Missing City: IRVING Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
    Missing State : TX Hair Color: Blonde
    Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
    Case Number: NCMC1161858
    Circumstances: Both photos shown are of Emily. She may go by the nickname Mimi.

“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Wish we knew more about this young lady's disappearance. Was she abducted....or do they think she ran away? Bless her heart...I hope she's ok.

I live in the DFW area and there is absolutely no news coverage about this case at all. Does anybody know what is going on with this?

Quote Originally Posted by police_state View Post
    I live in the DFW area and there is absolutely no news coverage about this case at all. Does anybody know what is going on with this?
    Welcome to WS, police_state.

The only info I can find about Emily is on sites dedicated to missing persons.

Some info I have found so far from a FB site.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irving...030646?sk=wall
    Kaybug

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
    ~ C.S. Lewis

Texas Department of Public Safety

“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

A family member attends Irving Bible Church in Irving, Texas and Emily's Missing Poster was shown to the congregation. There is speculation that she may have been Trafficked. I have not been unable to confirm this, but thought is was important enough to post. Please continue praying for her and her family.

Missing 13 yr old girl - Emily Wicks

http://www.examiner.com/christianity...13-yr-old-girl

Rene Girard
    Fort Worth Christianity & Culture Examiner
    December 20th, 2010 12:09 pm CT

One of the great things about the internet is how fast information can travel between friends, relatives, and strangers - especially when a situation is dire. When someone has a need, we can quickly respond with a few clicks of the keyboard to make things happen right away. That is hopefully the case with you, whoever you are, who happens to read this article today.

This morning on Facebook I saw this post from a former Grapevine, TX Jr. High student of mine:
    Read more at link.

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/christianity...13-yr-old-girl

Rene Girard
    Fort Worth Christianity & Culture Examiner
    December 20th, 2010 12:09 pm CT

Read more at link.
    Thank you S-B for finding the link!

I wonder why the TXDPS page has her listed as a runaway if it is believed she is now tied up in international sex trafficking ?
    Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It seems that the only information that we have about her being trafficked is from a Facebook post. I know how fast sensational rumors can travel so until LE comes out and says that they believe she has been trafficked or they have evidence leaning that way, I'm going to wait and see.

Also, why are there ZERO articles about this? I know that a lot of missing people don't get a lot of coverage but it seems that everyone gets at least ONE article in their local paper. On Facebook, her cousin said that she contacted local news outlets but they said that they are not allowed to mention her disappearance until LE "gives them permission". I suppose maybe the news wants some confirmation before they print anything? Why hasn't LE told the media basic details about her so they can print it? It's been a week.

Okay, I apologize if I'm not allowed to post this (please edit it out if so), but on the facebook group for Emily, the person running the page posted that LE has two men in custody currently for unlawful restraint. That apparently means that they knew Emily was a minor. They were with her Monday night and on Tuesday morning, the three of them were picked up by one of the men's girlfriend. They drove to the back of an apartment complex and Emily exited the car and jumped a fence in the Graff Farms area.
    Last edited by eileenhawkeye; 12-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.

I live about 2 hours north of Irving and have not heard a thing about this until I found this post today. Whether they are a runaway or otherwise I think that we as a society need to do a better job of taking care of our children and that (to me anyway) means getting as much information out as possible as soon as possible to help find these kids before they get too far away and the trail goes cold!
    Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast