Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Cindy Casteel Mathieu, 42, Anaheim, 2004

CA - Cindy Casteel Mathieu, 42, Anaheim, 2004

Friday, September 3, 2004

Missing woman baffles family
    The 42-year-old Anaheim mother was last seen Aug. 14.
    By GREG HARDESTY
    The Orange County Register

The 42-year-old mother of three has been missing for nearly three weeks, last seen by her husband walking up the stairs inside her apartment wearing a hot-pink bathing suit around midnight Aug. 14. DisplayAds("Top1,Middle!Middle","www.ocregister.co m/local/local");http://rm.ocregister.com/RealMedia/a...ault/empty.gif

Police say they have no reason to doubt Donald Mathieu's story that he has not seen his wife since she went to bed that Saturday night after a pool party at her 22-year-old daughter's house in Buena Park

Donald Mathieu said he is baffled by his wife's disappearance. He said his wife had gotten upset at the pool party and that she slept in the bedroom upstairs while he slept downstairs on a couch.

He said he noticed her missing the afternoon of Aug. 15 and made calls to relatives and friends. Casteel, he said, has left home in the past when upset, but she always has kept in touch by phone. "I still know nothing," Mathieu said Thursday. "We're still in the dark, just waiting and praying."
    Last edited by JBean; 09-03-2004 at 01:40 PM.

Hmmmm. I hate to say it, but it always bothers me when someone goes missing when they are 'upset'. I couldn't get the link so I hope someone can post the article. It just doesn't add up IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    Wow, Buena Park--that's awfully close to home. I sure hope Cindy is OK.
    Karen

I have to say that when the first article about this woman appeared in our local paper I was so angry. After studying the Laci Peterson case for so many months, LE's lack of action in this case is very disturbing, IMO. I've never done this before but I wrote to the author of the article in the OC Reg. It took two weeks or so to get a reply and it was 'cops have no new leads.'.... What?
    BTW....the first article was in the 'local' section page 4, headline, "Anaheim mother of 3 missing," subheadline...."Police don't suspect foul play but call the disappearance since Sunday 'very unusual." (This was Thurs)

The story:

On a Saturday,while attending a bday party, husband and wife got into an argument. They left their 6 year old son to spend the night and as they left the party, Cindy was crying. This was about midnite.

Monday, Cindy's employer, City of Anheim utilities dept., called police to report her missing.

The husband said when they got home they were still arguing so Cindy slept in the other room. ....oh, yeah....he claims he "Wished her 'sweet dreams,'" before she went to bed in the other room. When he got up Sunday morning, he just went about his day. (didn't check on her or anything???)

That night when Cindy didn't come home, he didn't think anything of it????
    The husband claims she's left before but always called.

Apparently he just went to work on Monday as usual. He's a construction worker.

Now I ask you:
    She was last seen in a hot-pink bikini bathing suit, nothing else????
    She left her purse, keys, car, $$$, and a 6 year old son????
    She was last seen (by other than husband) arguing with husband????
    Husband does not report her missing nor apparently did he attempt to find her?????

IMO...this screams
    "INVESTIGATE!!"
    "SEARCH WARRANT FOR HOME!!!"
    "SEARCH WARRANT FOR CAR!!"
    "CRIME LAB, GET INVOLVED!!"

Anyway, I told the newsreporter that I thought this sounded like a possible 'criminal case' and no one seems interested. Sad.....
    Just disappear off the face of the earth and no one cares.

JMHO
    fran

Any updates on this story?

Exclamation I Have Not Given Up!!!!

I am not satisfied at all with the work that the Anaheim Police Department Is doing. They seem to have a problem returning phone calls. They also seem to have an attitude that we are inconvieniencing them by asking for an update. I should not say it is the whole Department, either. A couple of the officers there seem to be genuinely concerned about Cindy and her well-being. God Bless those few.

In case you were wondering, I am the former husband of Cindy's. Jason Casteel. The father of her 18 year old son, Kalani, and the step-father of her 22 year old daughter, Sarah. I have just thrown my hat into the ring on this. So keep an eye out for some more information on this. As I will not rest until Cindy is brought home and we know what exactly happened on the morning of August 15, 2004.

Cindy, we are all praying for you and love you very much. Especially me and all of your wonderful children.

Please, if anyone knows anything at all about this, please let us know. It is killing us not knowing if she is alright or not.

Thank you for reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjbird7
    I am not satisfied at all with the work that the Anaheim Police Department Is doing. They seem to have a problem returning phone calls. They also seem to have an attitude that we are inconvieniencing them by asking for an update. I should not say it is the whole Department, either. A couple of the officers there seem to be genuinely concerned about Cindy and her well-being. God Bless those few.

In case you were wondering, I am the former husband of Cindy's. Jason Casteel. The father of her 18 year old son, Kalani, and the step-father of her 22 year old daughter, Sarah. I have just thrown my hat into the ring on this. So keep an eye out for some more information on this. As I will not rest until Cindy is brought home and we know what exactly happened on the morning of August 15, 2004.

Cindy, we are all praying for you and love you very much. Especially me and all of your wonderful children.

Please, if anyone knows anything at all about this, please let us know. It is killing us not knowing if she is alright or not.

OMG, thank you so much for posting. Please let us know what is happening. there is never any information..anywhere and I was wondering how the family could be holding up with so little happening.
    Our eyes and ears are always open on this forum......We won't give up either...
    God Bless you Mr JB7

Thank goodness that the ex-husband is getting involved. I am wondering if the current husband is actively pursuing his wife's disappearance with the police department. Or, do we have another Scott Peterson on our hands? Unfortunately, in most cases, the answer lies with the significant other.

I'd sure like to know what they were arguing about. It concerns me that Cindy was crying when they left. Was she crying because she was afraid of what would happen to her when she got home? It doesn't make sense that they would leave their small child behind. I can't see that this was Cindy's idea. However, I am not familiar with the individuals or the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    OMG, thank you so much for posting. Please let us know what is happening
    Yes, please let us know of any updates. I check this thread periodically to see if Cindy has been located. So sad, especially for her 6 year old. Might I ask a favor? Could you please use a different font? It is very difficult to read and makes me dizzy. Thank you.
    Karen

Hi, Jason!

Please contact me regarding the applications!
    With love and HOPE for Cindy's safe return, Lanie

Cindy, WE MISS YOU!!!

December18,2004

As the holidays approach, most of us are happy and gleeful. Others are depressed and sad. I can assure you that Cindy's family is having happy thoughts and we are continuing to move forward in a positive direction. With all that has taken place this year, I am so very proud of the children. Especially Sarah, who has done incredible things in this early year of her adulthood.
    We have quite a few things in the works, for our efforts to find Cindy. Most, I can't reveal, for obvious reasons. However, starting as soon as the end of this month, there will be much more news to share with you. I will be sharing anything that I can possibly be sharing with you, just as soon as it happens.
    The one thing that I need is some attention. If I could ask you all for a small favor, I certainly would appreciate your efforts. Call, or drop your congressman an E-Mail, asking what is being done about this woman who, just disappeared? Come on. Also ask, what, if anything, is being done about all the other "missing" people across our great country. Why are missing citizens, such a low priority?
    Call your local radio stations. The one I listen to, is KFI-640. I even E-Mailed John and Ken twice. You would think they would want to jump on something like this. I didn't even get a reply. I spoke to one of the producers in the news room. He said he was interested. He would have Jay Lawrence, their Orange County Reporter, call me back. Didn't happen.
    I E-Mailed the Governor on Thanksgiving day. Well, that was over a month ago. I have yet to get a response from his office. Maybe the "Governator" is just too plagued with fan mail. I don't know. But I am feeling ignored, something that I am not used to.
    So, if you can maybe call some of these people, newspaper, T.V., radio, any kind of media, and ask, 'what is going on? Doesn't anyone care?" Maybe we can get some attention.
    I am not shy, whatsoever. I am quite willing to talk about this and enlist anyones help that I can get. If you feel the need, I can be reached through this forum. I will answer all.
    Thank You All!! Keep in touch, there will be more to follow.
    Cindy, I am sorry. Love, Jason

December18,2004

As the holidays approach, most of us are happy and gleeful. Others are depressed and sad. I can assure you that Cindy's family is having happy thoughts and we are continuing to move forward in a positive direction. With all that has taken place this year, I am so very proud of the children. Especially Sarah, who has done incredible things in this early year of her adulthood.

We have quite a few things in the works, for our efforts to find Cindy. Most, I can't reveal, for obvious reasons. However, starting as soon as the end of this month, there will be much more news to share with you. I will be sharing anything that I can possibly be sharing with you, just as soon as it happens.

The one thing that I need is some attention. If I could ask you all for a small favor, I certainly would appreciate your efforts. Call, or drop your congressman an E-Mail, asking what is being done about this woman who, just disappeared? Come on. Also ask, what, if anything, is being done about all the other "missing" people across our great country. Why are missing citizens, such a low priority?

Call your local radio stations. The one I listen to, is KFI-640. I even E-Mailed John and Ken twice. You would think they would want to jump on something like this. I didn't even get a reply. I spoke to one of the producers in the news room. He said he was interested. He would have Jay Lawrence, their Orange County Reporter, call me back. Didn't happen.

I E-Mailed the Governor on Thanksgiving day. Well, that was over a month ago. I have yet to get a response from his office. Maybe the "Governator" is just too plagued with fan mail. I don't know. But I am feeling ignored, something that I am not used to.

So, if you can maybe call some of these people, newspaper, T.V., radio, any kind of media, and ask, 'what is going on? Doesn't anyone care?" Maybe we can get some attention.

I am not shy, whatsoever. I am quite willing to talk about this and enlist anyones help that I can get. If you feel the need, I can be reached through this forum. I will answer all.

Thank You All!! Keep in touch, there will be more to follow.

Cindy, I am sorry. Love, Jason
    Thanks for your post, Jason. It's good to see you on here. I'm praying for Cindy, and for those of you who search.
    With love and HOPE, Lanie

Quote Originally Posted by WasBlind
    Thanks for your post, Jason. It's good to see you on here. I'm praying for Cindy, and for those of you who search.
    Thanks for staying in touch Jason. I answered your message before I read this.
    I can contact Jay Lawrence. We have mutual friends and he did a fundraiser for me in October. I will see if I can find anything out for you or get anywhere.

God Bless you,
    Jill

For Cindy, and all who love and miss her.

Any updates on this ??

Quote Originally Posted by Rag Doll 02
    Any updates on this ??
    There is no news in Cindy's case.

With prayers of HOPE, Lanie

Jason:
    It's been awhile since you posted. Have you heard anything about Cindy? I live in Orange County and I can't believe how they have been so complacent about this woman's disappearance. People just don't walk away wearing nothing but a bikini and leave their purse, $$, cc's, keys, car, etc, etc behind, ........not to mention the kids!!

Have you talked to the husband? His story sounds {{hinky}} to me. I wrote to the OC Register when they first wrote about Cindy and told the reporter this sounded like a criminal case to me. He gave me a very short reply"cops have no new leads."

Please, let us know if anything has been found out about Cindy.

Oh, you might try to contact the Carole Sund Foundation, perhaps they could help.

JMHO
    fran

PS. I know it's a little late but I did write to John and Ken and told them they need to look into this case. Just think where Scott Peterson would be today had the Modesto PD handled Laci's disappearance like the Anaheim PD is handling Cindy's disappearance...........fran

Hi fran

I just spoke with Jason tonight, and he is doing well.

The Carole Sund Foundation is already involved in Cindy's case. I believe there will be some sort of press later this week in regards to the search and possibly the reward grant (?), but cannot be sure of the exact date.

As far as I understood, there is no huge announcement, or anything. This is a normal procedure for procuring media attention to Cindy's case, which, as you and others have noticed, is growing painfully cold. Our hope is that with an advocate from Carole Sund being there, it will also stimulate A.P.D. into action. That would be the best outcome, however we do realize they can do little when leads are not coming in. Perhaps the media attention will bring those much needed leads.

Thanks for writing to the OC Register, it's really appreciated. Would you consider jotting a note to Governor Schwarzenegger and/or Greg Truax, supervisor of the missing and unidentified persons unit of the Attorney General's office?

www.ca.gov has the contact links, if I am not mistaken.

Any and all help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, fran. As always, if you or anyone needs more information, please feel free to contact me at the address in my signature. God bless you, fran, and thanks for caring about Cindy and those who search for her.

With prayers of HOPE for Cindy, Lanie

Thanks for the reply WasBlind. I'm glad the Carole Sund Foundation is getting involved. Hope it helps. I just can't believe how this case has fallen through the cracks. I'm not in LE but this definitely looks like foul play to me,........and we all know who the usual suspect is.

I don't see why they didn't get a SW that very first week. It's scary how someone can just disappear and no one cares.

I will try to write to those you suggested. I'm at work right now so I'll do it as soon as I have a chance.

fran

Hi, fran
    I think we've had a lot of publicity on husbands and boyfriends as suspects, recently, but that is not usually the case in abduction scenerios, anyway. Just for the record, it seems the ones the media latches onto are cases with a family member or loved one involved. I cannot really comment on Cindy's case, as there is no evidence to suggest she was abducted or anything else, for that matter.

We have no idea why the media latches onto some, and not others. It's not a science, and there's no explanation, but we do see a preference for a certain age group, race, and sex, with a certain color hair, etc. Adults rarely get coverage, and it's like pulling teeth to get them media attention.

Please do write, and let us know if you hear back, pls ma'am. Cindy needs all the help we can give her.

God bless you, fran!
    With prayers of HOPE for Cindy and those who search for her, Lanie

I'm inclined to give Cindy's husband the benefit of the doubt, myself. The police stated that they didn't have any reason to doubt his story, and as Lanie said, there's no evidence pointing to ANYTHING at this point. I think it's cruel to point the finger at someone with no evidence other than conjecture. Lack of involvement in a case does not a murderer make.

I hope Cindy is out there just trying to gather herself together and will come home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily
    ...I hope Cindy is out there just trying to gather herself together and will come home soon.
    That would be the very BEST thing.

Thanks for all you do for the missing, Meaghan. The new links look great.

I am local to this case too.( Orange County ) Is there ANYTHING I could do ??

I realize that if when she has had marital problems in the past, she has taken off before..... but I have a hard time with believing a mother would do that with a young child-- especially around the holidays.

Anyone know of any kind of abuse gone on in the past between husband and wife ?? Drugs or alcohol ?? Any extramarital hanky panky on either side ? Not accusing-- just asking. Sometimes these are contributing factors for someone to just 'take off'.

Links for Cindy

Have U Seen Me

Special thanks to Ginger and Wayne, whose child and grandson are also missing.

Project Jason - Faces of the missing page

Thanks, Kelly!

Angels Missing

Thanks, fourboys!

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast