948 users online (223 members and 725 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2011

"I thought about it occasionally, but I kind of figured they'd get around to me at some point," he said in a phone interview.

That point came on Tuesday, as the 2011 class for the Cleveland hall was revealed. Diamond, whose hits include "Sweet Caroline," made the list, along with the Alice Cooper Band, New Orleans musician Dr. John, Darlene Love and singer-songwriter Tom Waits.

Piano man Leon Russell was honored with a musical excellence award, previously the sideman category. Executives Jac Holzman and Art Rupe were given the Ahmet Ertegun Awards.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Whoa! Leon Russell, sideman? Puhleeze! What, it took his collaboration with Elton John (another of my all-time favs) to honor him with a special reward? :-/

Thanks for the article, DK. After reading it, I visited the Hall website and was dismayed at some of the mentions, more so the omissions.

Leon's page