Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Elizabeth Johnson's Last Days With Baby Gabriel
Jailed Mother Details Who Helped Her Give Her Boy Away

POSTED: 8:49 pm MST December 15, 2010
UPDATED: 9:21 pm MST December 15, 2010

For several weeks, Elizabeth Johnson told investigators, Tammi Smith was trying to adopt baby Gabriel. So much so that Johnson felt pressured and had to get out of town.

"I just freaked out. I felt like I was being trapped and I think Tammi picked up on that and she was like, 'Well, if you don't want to come back, there's other options. We're going to help you no matter what,'" said Johnson.

Smith allegedly had previously offered Elizabeth money, forged court documents, and according to this interview with police, Johnson said that was just the beginning of Smith's schemes.

"She said that her adoption lawyer in Tennessee could get a birth certificate saying she gave birth to the baby. She said she had 30 days to be able to turn that in, saying it was a home birth and that she, you know, no one would know the couple months difference, and you know, in a few years, no one would know what the baby looked like," Johnson told investigators.

When Johnson, on a whim, went to Texas instead of Tennessee, she said Smith had another plan to wrestle Gabriel from his father's custody.

http://www.kpho.com/news/26154024/detail.html

Much more at link!

So Johnson told investigators that Tammi and Jack Smith called a friend of theirs in San Antonio, picked a park near Johnson's hotel, and arranged for an anonymous couple to meet Johnson and take her boy.

"She gave me a basic description and said, 'They will be expecting you and they'll know your name and Gabriel's name and they'll have one car seat. I see some, a couple sitting on a bench and I approach them and they say.

'Elizabeth?' And I say, 'Yeah?' And they say, 'Hi, we're Tammi's friends,' and I said, 'OK.' They asked how I'm doing and I said, 'Alright,' and, 'Is the baby, everything OK with him?' And I just kind of said goodbye to Gabriel and put him in the car seat for them. And after that, they say, I say, 'OK bye,' and you know they say 'OK, the baby's going to be taken care of and everything,' and I say, 'I know,' and I walk away and I leave," said Johnson.

snip

According to Johnson, the Smiths started calling and texting to try to get all of their stories straight.

Well then, If Tammy & Jack know this couple then WHY has it been almost a year.

Tammy & Jack could easily tell LE where the couple lives, etc and Gabriel could be returned to his family.

That's Why I believe there is NO couple.

"She said that her adoption lawyer in Tennessee could get a birth certificate saying she gave birth to the baby. She said she had 30 days to be able to turn that in, saying it was a home birth and that she, you know, no one would know the couple months difference, and you know, in a few years, no one would know what the baby looked like,"

Remember JS telling EJ that in the jail call?

We had already heard from H's father that the Smith's did this and here EJ backs up his story. I think they were up to their necks in this.

I also think TS is who told EJ to tell Logan she'd killed Gabe. She probably convinced her that Logan wouldn't care and just move on (likely because of the lies EJ told her) and they could go on raising Gabe while EJ started her "new life".

The only thing I'm not completely convinced on is that it was in fact friends of the Smith's that EJ gave Gabriel to. I think they certainly offered - but at this point, EJ was getting annoyed with TS. I think it's possible EJ took a cue from their plan and set up her own "handing off".

I think absolutely TS had this ellaborate plan that went from them adopting Gabe to adopting EJ to forging docs and all the other carp and EJ just threw in the towel. She wanted to be rid of Gabe and Logan and start a new life and it was all becoming too complicated.

All I can do is just PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that little Gabriel is alive and being well taken care of.

Well then, If Tammy & Jack know this couple then WHY has it been almost a year.

Tammy & Jack could easily tell LE where the couple lives, etc and Gabriel could be returned to his family.

That's Why I believe there is NO couple.

Do you really think either of them would offer up info to incriminate them further? IMO, they will go to their grave with their involvement. Right now, TS is being charged with, what, forgery? Imagine the charges upon charges they would face if, in fact, EJ's story is true. Besides, TS is already, laughably, claiming not guilty to the forgery charges, which we all know she did - she's not going to admit to more.

I totally believe EJ...I also agree with Yellow that TPS told EJ to tell Logan she killed him. TPS was already pissed because Logan would not sign over his rights. And if , and I assume court filings don't lie, TPS told the judge that Gabriel would be returned "safe" if he granted custody to the Smiths, to me, that's slam dunk.

I still come back to what I know I heard TPS say on one of her many interviews. Unfortunately me and another sleuther was unable to find the interview but the other sluether remembered it too. TPS had said EJ gave Gabriel to a couple who lived on a farm and that in a few years no one would know it is Gabriel....and then here this story comes out and the part that in a few years no one would know it is him comes out again except this time it is EJ saying TPS said it. Not sure if a farm couple exists but I do think a couple exists. I agree with the part that TPS most likely told her to say she killed him. Gabriel is out there somewhere ALIVE.

I still come back to what I know I heard TPS say on one of her many interviews. Unfortunately me and another sleuther was unable to find the interview but the other sluether remembered it too. TPS had said EJ gave Gabriel to a couple who lived on a farm and that in a few years no one would know it is Gabriel....and then here this story comes out and the part that in a few years no one would know it is him comes out again except this time it is EJ saying TPS said it. Not sure if a farm couple exists but I do think a couple exists. I agree with the part that TPS most likely told her to say she killed him. Gabriel is out there somewhere ALIVE.

Sleuth..that's EXACTLY what she said. It was on a NG interview, except it was Jean C...that night...I discussed this a long time ago, I
found that interview but it had been edited and the "Farm" comments and anything associated with that statement were gone. She mentioned a "Farm" associated with Victoria, TX. I still see the clothes that TPS & JS had on when it was televised...but, yes, TPS did say that, because , I remember, JS looking at TPS as if to say " Shut your mouth woman"...

Someone made a comment on Tammi's Facebook that they 'bet the farm' that Tammi knew something about what happened to Gabe. The comment is in this post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4661207&postcount=603"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - 8 mo. old Gabriel Johnson missing since 12-26-09, #4[/ame]

That could be the farm reference people are thinking of.

The early reference to Gabe's appearance changing that us old-timers to this case are remembering is Jack in the interview Elizabeth did with the reporter from the jail:

Jack: There is no reason for anyone to believe that you haven't taken the baby's life. And I understand what you're saying, but...

(Jail recording breaking in)

Jack: but, but I think it's important that you understand, because you haven't, like you're not getting this picture, that if, if these people were to somehow be to keep him in seclusion for the, a, until he's past the certain age that he's allowed to sort of filter back into the system, you understand that you will be charged with this? Because if they can't find the baby...

TPS: For murder.

Jack: If you know any way, any way that you can identify either where these people...

EJ: I have. I talked to the FBI, I cooperated, I told them everything.

Our full transcript of the interview is here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4648968&postcount=333"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - 8 mo. old Gabriel Johnson missing since 12-26-09, #2[/ame]

And I'll have to look for the link, but they also tell her if she "waits too long Gabriels looks will change" . . . .

Elizabeth Johnson's Last Days With Baby Gabriel
Jailed Mother Details Who Helped Her Give Her Boy Away

POSTED: 8:49 pm MST December 15, 2010
UPDATED: 9:21 pm MST December 15, 2010

For several weeks, Elizabeth Johnson told investigators, Tammi Smith was trying to adopt baby Gabriel. So much so that Johnson felt pressured and had to get out of town.

"I just freaked out. I felt like I was being trapped and I think Tammi picked up on that and she was like, 'Well, if you don't want to come back, there's other options. We're going to help you no matter what,'" said Johnson.

Smith allegedly had previously offered Elizabeth money, forged court documents, and according to this interview with police, Johnson said that was just the beginning of Smith's schemes.

"She said that her adoption lawyer in Tennessee could get a birth certificate saying she gave birth to the baby. She said she had 30 days to be able to turn that in, saying it was a home birth and that she, you know, no one would know the couple months difference, and you know, in a few years, no one would know what the baby looked like," Johnson told investigators.

When Johnson, on a whim, went to Texas instead of Tennessee, she said Smith had another plan to wrestle Gabriel from his father's custody.

http://www.kpho.com/news/26154024/detail.html

Much more at link!

Odd, no mention of the "code" word that was in the journal.

I just don't understand this. Neither EJ or TPS are masterminds. If they did as EJ says they did there should be an electronic trail, phone records, texts, computer, something. How is it possible that there is nothing that can confirm what EJ has said? That is why I am so fearful that she did harm Gabriel.

If there is a couple, I think that they could not leave a paper trail. Especially if tammy used throw away phones, but always had a contact number. which this seems like it would of been planned, very planned.
Im guessing Maybe tammy thought logan wouldn't do anything if ej just gave the child away, and tammy would of had gab within a few months.
If EJ did not kill Gab, but has no proof because tammy is this con artist, then I can see why she is in bigger trouble. Whoever "has" gab, will not be giving him up.
I can't believe this has been a year...

I just don't understand this. Neither EJ or TPS are masterminds. If they did as EJ says they did there should be an electronic trail, phone records, texts, computer, something. How is it possible that there is nothing that can confirm what EJ has said? That is why I am so fearful that she did harm Gabriel.

The phone EJ got in SA was a pay-as-you-go, so yes, they did use throw away phones. Then there's the laptop EJ got rid of right before they found her - so right there are two electronic trails they can't follow. It's super easy to not have a paper trail. From what we've learned about underground/illegal adoptions, it's pretty scary what those people can do.

TPS is one creepy and scary person. I wonder just how different all this would be had EJ never met her.

Dumb question I know, but:

Why isn't the FBI in on this?

This is obvious 'conspiracy' between two parties to break the law and it was over state lines.

I thought the FBI got into cases when it was from state to state. Not to mention kidnapping.

Just curious,
fran

Dumb question I know, but:

Why isn't the FBI in on this?

This is obvious 'conspiracy' between two parties to break the law and it was over state lines.

I thought the FBI got into cases when it was from state to state. Not to mention kidnapping.

Just curious,
fran

They are. Both FBI Phoenix and FBI San Antonio primarily.

Other FBI agencies such as FBI Nashville have also worked on Gabe's case.

Do you recall if Tammi and Jack have been questioned by the FBI?

TIA
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10