1109 users online (225 members and 884 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Eileen Loskot, 54, Dallas, 16 Dec 2010

Dallas police are searching for a 54-year-old woman who they believe was kidnapped early this morning.

Eileen Loskot was last seen around 1 a.m. driving away in a red 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe from her work in the 2300 block of Reagan Street, just off Harry Hines Boulevard.

more here

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/arch...-help-fin.html

=====================

"Detectives are now working this as an active kidnapping." In advance of a 1 p.m. press conference during which further information will be released, the department is asking for the public's assistance in finding Loskot.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ublics_hel.php
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

I wonder what makes LE believe she was kidnapped. Was there possibly someone else in the car when she was seen driving away from work?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    I wonder what makes LE believe she was kidnapped. Was there possibly someone else in the car when she was seen driving away from work?
    Hopefully we'll know more soon after the presser...another report says this

Witnesses saw her driving away in her red 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe, similar to the one pictured. But after that, police aren't sure what happened.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/121...ibly-kidnapped

Maybe she was able to call from a cellphone?
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Found this info on Examiner.com -- so I guess we'll see if MSM reports that LE said this at the presser today.

She was driving a red 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe. Soon after she departed, someone made a phone call and the caller reportedly mentioned a possible ransom to be submitted.

Loskot was later spotted in a city located south of Dallas, where she was withdrawing cash out of an automatic teller machine.

http://www.examiner.com/violent-crim...duction-victim
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

<snip>

According to police, Loskot made a call to her home phone and left a message. On that message, police say you can hear three voices telling Loskot they needed to go to an ATM to get some money. Around 2:45 a.m. Loskot was seen making three withdrawls at an ATM in Cedar Hill.

more here

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-bea...112014184.html

3 voices telling her what to do...this is really strange...I hope they find her safe soon.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Scary. The poor woman. Hopefully they'll get all the money they can out of her and then let her go. But if she hasn't contacted anyone by now, it's not looking good.

I wonder if she is married, or lives with someone, and was hoping someone would pick up...hear the commotion, and call the police.

Wow...what an awful story. This sounds like it's gone from bad to worse very quickly.

the Dallas Morning News updated article - says 2 men involved...she lives in Double Oak.

"Evidence developed during the investigation strongly indicates that Eileen Loskot has been taken by two unknown male suspects and is being held against her will," said a news release from the Double Oak police department.

here's the link again

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/arch...-help-fin.html
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

This article has quite a bit more information, including surveillance video from her early-morning cash withdrawal...the shadowy figure behind her gives me the creeps.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1e6b27ea.html

Quote Originally Posted by lysstwrt View Post
    This article has quite a bit more information, including surveillance video from her early-morning cash withdrawal...the shadowy figure behind her gives me the creeps.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1e6b27ea.html

Very odd/interesting that this article includes the appraised value of this woman's home... (Lots of people angry about that in the comments section too, btw)
    Is it possible that LE asked the DMN to put that tidbit in the story to send a message to the kidnappers?

I'm not sure if the value of their home would make a good target for asking for ransom, or not? It certainly might, given that these kidnappers have her taking out $300 at a time from ATM's... not exactly huge cash for the possibility of getting caught kidnapping someone! Could LE possibly be hoping that the kidnappers would be more inclined to keep her alive if they think they could get a lot more money out of this?

(If there isn't some LE reason for having this detail in the article then it is extremely crass- so I really hope there is a strategy afoot here...)

JMO
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

Gosh, no news? I am terrified for this woman. Please let her come home safely.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieOakley View Post
    Very odd/interesting that this article includes the appraised value of this woman's home... (Lots of people angry about that in the comments section too, btw)
    Is it possible that LE asked the DMN to put that tidbit in the story to send a message to the kidnappers?

I'm not sure if the value of their home would make a good target for asking for ransom, or not? It certainly might, given that these kidnappers have her taking out $300 at a time from ATM's... not exactly huge cash for the possibility of getting caught kidnapping someone! Could LE possibly be hoping that the kidnappers would be more inclined to keep her alive if they think they could get a lot more money out of this?

(If there isn't some LE reason for having this detail in the article then it is extremely crass- so I really hope there is a strategy afoot here...)

JMO
    It is odd and I don't recall ever seeing something like this in a missing persons case before. Maybe LE believes she is alive and are trying to let the kidnappers know there could never be a significant ransom? IDK.

I hope she's going to be found safe. But I'm afraid for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    It is odd and I don't recall ever seeing something like this in a missing persons case before. Maybe LE believes she is alive and are trying to let the kidnappers know there could never be a significant ransom? IDK.

I hope she's going to be found safe. But I'm afraid for her.
    BBM

This was my thought.

I'm afraid for her as well. Especially since they knew she made a phone call.

Many bank atm's max withdrawal is $300. I assume since they said she went to more than one atm, that she has accounts at several banks? When I read the comment about her home value, I thought it was strange as well. Prayers going out for Eileen's safe release.

I am very scared for this woman, I hope they let her go safely.... I wish her husband or someone would come out publicly with a plea for her return.

I hope that whomever has her realizes robbery is less time then murder....please, please let her go...
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast