GUILTY TX - Eileen Loskot, 54, Dallas, 16 Dec 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
loskot-thumb-200x235-102160.jpg

Dallas police are searching for a 54-year-old woman who they believe was kidnapped early this morning.

Eileen Loskot was last seen around 1 a.m. driving away in a red 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe from her work in the 2300 block of Reagan Street, just off Harry Hines Boulevard.

more here

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/dallas-police-seeking-help-fin.html

=====================

"Detectives are now working this as an active kidnapping." In advance of a 1 p.m. press conference during which further information will be released, the department is asking for the public's assistance in finding Loskot.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/12/dallas_pd_asks_for_publics_hel.php

I wonder what makes LE believe she was kidnapped. Was there possibly someone else in the car when she was seen driving away from work?

I wonder what makes LE believe she was kidnapped. Was there possibly someone else in the car when she was seen driving away from work?

Hopefully we'll know more soon after the presser...another report says this

Witnesses saw her driving away in her red 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe, similar to the one pictured. But after that, police aren't sure what happened.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/121610-missing-woman-possibly-kidnapped

Maybe she was able to call from a cellphone?

Found this info on Examiner.com -- so I guess we'll see if MSM reports that LE said this at the presser today.

She was driving a red 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe. Soon after she departed, someone made a phone call and the caller reportedly mentioned a possible ransom to be submitted.

Loskot was later spotted in a city located south of Dallas, where she was withdrawing cash out of an automatic teller machine.

http://www.examiner.com/violent-cri...-woman-might-now-be-possible-abduction-victim

<snip>

According to police, Loskot made a call to her home phone and left a message. On that message, police say you can hear three voices telling Loskot they needed to go to an ATM to get some money. Around 2:45 a.m. Loskot was seen making three withdrawls at an ATM in Cedar Hill.

more here

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-be...-Victim-of-Possible-Kidnapping-112014184.html

3 voices telling her what to do...this is really strange...I hope they find her safe soon.

Scary. The poor woman. Hopefully they'll get all the money they can out of her and then let her go. But if she hasn't contacted anyone by now, it's not looking good. :(

I wonder if she is married, or lives with someone, and was hoping someone would pick up...hear the commotion, and call the police.

Wow...what an awful story. This sounds like it's gone from bad to worse very quickly.

the Dallas Morning News updated article - says 2 men involved...she lives in Double Oak.

"Evidence developed during the investigation strongly indicates that Eileen Loskot has been taken by two unknown male suspects and is being held against her will," said a news release from the Double Oak police department.

here's the link again

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/dallas-police-seeking-help-fin.html

This article has quite a bit more information, including surveillance video from her early-morning cash withdrawal...the shadowy figure behind her gives me the creeps.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...s/stories/121710dnmetkidnapping.1e6b27ea.html

Very odd/interesting that this article includes the appraised value of this woman's home... (Lots of people angry about that in the comments section too, btw)
Is it possible that LE asked the DMN to put that tidbit in the story to send a message to the kidnappers?

I'm not sure if the value of their home would make a good target for asking for ransom, or not? It certainly might, given that these kidnappers have her taking out $300 at a time from ATM's... not exactly huge cash for the possibility of getting caught kidnapping someone! Could LE possibly be hoping that the kidnappers would be more inclined to keep her alive if they think they could get a lot more money out of this?

(If there isn't some LE reason for having this detail in the article then it is extremely crass- so I really hope there is a strategy afoot here...)

JMO

Gosh, no news? I am terrified for this woman. Please let her come home safely. :praying:

Very odd/interesting that this article includes the appraised value of this woman's home... (Lots of people angry about that in the comments section too, btw)
Is it possible that LE asked the DMN to put that tidbit in the story to send a message to the kidnappers?

I'm not sure if the value of their home would make a good target for asking for ransom, or not? It certainly might, given that these kidnappers have her taking out $300 at a time from ATM's... not exactly huge cash for the possibility of getting caught kidnapping someone! Could LE possibly be hoping that the kidnappers would be more inclined to keep her alive if they think they could get a lot more money out of this?

(If there isn't some LE reason for having this detail in the article then it is extremely crass- so I really hope there is a strategy afoot here...)

JMO

It is odd and I don't recall ever seeing something like this in a missing persons case before. Maybe LE believes she is alive and are trying to let the kidnappers know there could never be a significant ransom? IDK.

I hope she's going to be found safe. But I'm afraid for her. :(

It is odd and I don't recall ever seeing something like this in a missing persons case before. Maybe LE believes she is alive and are trying to let the kidnappers know there could never be a significant ransom? IDK.

I hope she's going to be found safe. But I'm afraid for her. :(

BBM

This was my thought.

I'm afraid for her as well. Especially since they knew she made a phone call.

Many bank atm's max withdrawal is $300. I assume since they said she went to more than one atm, that she has accounts at several banks? When I read the comment about her home value, I thought it was strange as well. Prayers going out for Eileen's safe release.

I am very scared for this woman, I hope they let her go safely.... I wish her husband or someone would come out publicly with a plea for her return.

I hope that whomever has her realizes robbery is less time then murder....please, please let her go...

FB RUMOR:

Friends say that Eileen left work in her car alone and that they (LE) believes she got to within a mile of her home when she was rammed from behind by another vehicle.

:(

This is sad.
If I have the information correctly, if she worked off of Harry Hines and was on her way back to Denton... I think she was followed. Could also explain why she ended back up in South Dallas (Cedar Hill) to make the withdrawals.

This area, in general, is a very, very, very gnarly part of DFW.

I pray for this womans safe return, I really do... but given the area she is in and the crime and now the time that has gone by... not looking good.

The reason why I think she was followed to her house via Harry Hines, 1. it's a dangerous area that late. I am sure her coworkers are aware of this. 2. She gets into this mysterious wreck on a farm road near Denton - not something heard of, really. Those roads are barren - unless it's a drunk driver. 3. There are plenty of other cities to go to within the Denton area to make a w/d... McKinney, Plano and Frisco being the largest I can think of. However, whoever has her took her back to where they are more comfortable... which is *close* to where she works.

*prays for her return*

Awesome news - Eileen has been found safe...she's in Vega, TX - which is in the panhandle close to Amarillo....that's a long ways from Dallas - almost 400 miles...she was released by captors 11:45 last nite

I happened to catch the live presser @ 5 a.m. w/ Double Oak Police Chief.

After she left work, Eileen was hit from behind around 1:30 a.m on FM 407 - about 4-6 blocks from her home.

There were 3 males in the car that hit her...She pulled over & got out to exchange insurance info, she used her cellphone to called home, left VM at home...3 males rushed her- took her hostage...2 stayed w/ her in the car...made her withdraw $ from ATMs.

Then the 2 male perps had her drive to NM...released her & her car - she drove back to TX & contacted DPS in Vega TX.

The police chief said that one of the perps is arrested & in Denton Co. jail (thanks to an officer that made a traffic stop in Double Oak & ended up getting info)...that perp is Matthew Casaus, 23, who is RSO from NM - recently moved to TX...the police chief said he confessed to the kidnapping...Eileen was not sexually assaulted.

TX Rangers, TX DPS, and Dallas PD assisted Double Oak PD.

Bless her heart - what an ordeal!

Oh my! That is truly good news! (Thanks for posting it Texas Mist.)

Everything about this case is absolutely frightening...I am totally shocked that they let Eileen go but thank God they did.

Wow, she has been through so much.

Yay! So glad she was released unharmed. So, it sounds like the dumbasses just wanted a ride and some cash. I hope they catch the other two quick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back