Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX - Eileen Loskot, 54, believed to be kidnapped, Dallas, 16-Dec-2010

This scenario has been played out in Memphis for years...deliberately bumping into someone's car, forcing them to stop and grabbing them when they get out or open their window to exchange information.

Remain in your vehicle, folks! Keep doors locked, windows up, dial 911 and keep your eye on the people in the other vehicle. If anyone approaches your car, drive off! You can explain to the police why you are moving away from the scene. (Note: driving off should not be a problem. Rarely do these folks hit the car hard enough to disable it, as they want to use it to get to the ATMs).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Does this mean that he had possession of her phone? Is that what they're trying to say here?
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    Hmmm...either he was in possession of her cell phone or he had damage to the front of his car, maybe?

Reading it again, it sounds like he had her cell.
    I think they triangulated the call that Eileen made then put 2+2 together later w/ the traffic stop in the same area....at least, that's what I got out of it.

Here's another article

Shortly after the alleged abduction, a Double Oak police officer wrote a traffic ticket to a man driving a blue Toyota, who later turned out to be a suspect in the crime. At the time of the ticket, however, the officer had no way of knowing about the alleged abduction.
    During the day, police tracked the driver of the blue Toyota to a Dallas address. After Loskot was located in the Panhandle, police used the information about the Toyota’s driver to find and arrest him.

more here

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2010/12/17/k...live-unharmed/
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Very good news!
    I am glad to see that my crazy theories are not panning out. In these cases, I am very glad to be wrong!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

Great News!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Kat For This Useful Post:

2 other suspects in custody

Nathaniel Williams, 17, and Edward Muckelroy Jr., 19 turned themselves in to the FBI in Albuquerque.

And here's more on how Casaus was linked to Eileen's kidnapping

According to an affidavit by Tracy Murphree of the Texas Rangers, Double Oak police stopped Casaus about 1:35 a.m. Police believe Loskot was kidnapped about 1:30. The affidavit says a Double Oak officer questioned and released Casas after seeing him parked near a water tower.

According to the affidavit, the officer said a red two-door car parked near Casas' 1993 Toyota "took off through a ditch" when the officer approached in his squad car. Casaus told the officer that his nephew was driving the red car and was "taking his grandmother home after drinking."

The affidavit says Casaus was linked to the kidnapping after a bank surveilance video showed Loskot, in the company of at least one other person, withdrawing cash from an ATM at a bank in Cedar Hill.

more here

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....23831ff6.html
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

What an amazingly wonderful outcome!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

I'm soooooooooo glad she's okay!!! And I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson. I know I'll be having a chat with both my kids about how not to become a victim in this way!
    ~~~Cynical Optimist~~~

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Here's a new article from KDAF...not much new...I didn't know she had been locked in the trunk of her car while being driven to New Mexico, then set free.

(I am unable to view the video....aging laptop....grrr)

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-kid...,6257449.story

glad she's ok and will be home with her family for the holidays, although I'm sure she'll be incredibly traumatized and not able to enjoy herself as she would normally

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    Nathaniel Williams, 17, and Edward Muckelroy Jr., 19 turned themselves in to the FBI in Albuquerque.

And here's more on how Casaus was linked to Eileen's kidnapping

According to an affidavit by Tracy Murphree of the Texas Rangers, Double Oak police stopped Casaus about 1:35 a.m. Police believe Loskot was kidnapped about 1:30. The affidavit says a Double Oak officer questioned and released Casas after seeing him parked near a water tower.

According to the affidavit, the officer said a red two-door car parked near Casas' 1993 Toyota "took off through a ditch" when the officer approached in his squad car. Casaus told the officer that his nephew was driving the red car and was "taking his grandmother home after drinking."

The affidavit says Casaus was linked to the kidnapping after a bank surveilance video showed Loskot, in the company of at least one other person, withdrawing cash from an ATM at a bank in Cedar Hill.

more here

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....23831ff6.html
    Wow. And to most of us, 5 minutes seems like nothing. So close.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Here's a new article from KDAF...not much new...I didn't know she had been locked in the trunk of her car while being driven to New Mexico, then set free.

(I am unable to view the video....aging laptop....grrr)

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-kid...,6257449.story
    The poor lady. Can't imagine what was going through her mind. And geez, these guys were kids. I really hope they never had it in them to harm her and just made an idiotic decision.

I don't know about that older one though.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    The poor lady. Can't imagine what was going through her mind. And geez, these guys were kids. I really hope they never had it in them to harm her and just made an idiotic decision.

I don't know about that older one though.
    I guess something good came out of this - Casaus the sex offender was living "less than 50 feet away" from an elementary school...hopefully he gets charged with violating probation/parole for that.

http://www.wfaa.com/home/Abducters-h...112125459.html

here's another article from Dallas Morning News on Eileen's ordeal

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.3d368c9.html
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12