1260 users online (199 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55
    https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111728356/

Girl Missing On Bus Trip McMINNVILLE, Tenn. Police in three states are searching for a 17- year-old girl who failed to arrive here aboard a bus she boarded Friday in South Bend, Ind. Indiana State Police said Penny Hand, who had about $300 in her wallet when she left South Bend, was to have arrived here shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday to visit her aunt and uncle. THE GIRL'S father, Robert Hand, said yesterday he last saw his daughter at the South Bend bus station. Her route, police said, would have taken her through Indianapolis with a bus change en route. "I don't think she ever got here myself," said Mrs. Paul Watson, the girl's aunt, whose husband owns a McMinnville furniture moving outfit. "We don't have any idea what could have happened to her." Mrs. Watson said her niece was to spend the week at their McMinnville home and then go on to Texas to visit other relatives. The girl was described as about five feet, six inches tall with brown hair and eyes and a dark

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111712603/

Sherry Roberts "Without shoes, money" Girl, 12, Reported Missing Sherry Roberts, 12, has been missing since Wednesday night, her mother, Mrs. Lois Crawford of 3417 Lebanon Road, said yesterday. "She left here after we had an argument on Wednesday night," her mother said. "She didn't have any shoes on or any money." Mrs. Crawford described her daughter as being 5 feet, 5 inches tall and of medium weight. She has shoulder-length brown hair, cut short in the front, green eyes and a dark tan. Sherry is beleived to have runaway with a friend, also 12.

Post #810 sounds a lot like these two: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/37uftn.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1980 View Post
    https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111728356/

Girl Missing On Bus Trip McMINNVILLE, Tenn. Police in three states are searching for a 17- year-old girl who failed to arrive here aboard a bus she boarded Friday in South Bend, Ind. Indiana State Police said Penny Hand, who had about $300 in her wallet when she left South Bend, was to have arrived here shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday to visit her aunt and uncle. THE GIRL'S father, Robert Hand, said yesterday he last saw his daughter at the South Bend bus station. Her route, police said, would have taken her through Indianapolis with a bus change en route. "I don't think she ever got here myself," said Mrs. Paul Watson, the girl's aunt, whose husband owns a McMinnville furniture moving outfit. "We don't have any idea what could have happened to her." Mrs. Watson said her niece was to spend the week at their McMinnville home and then go on to Texas to visit other relatives. The girl was described as about five feet, six inches tall with brown hair and eyes and a dark
    Penny/Pennie was found. Subsequent articles spelled her name Pennie. Her father's obit has her listed as "survived by Pennie Butterworth of Niles". She's widowed now and has a fb page.

I don't think a random killer would choose a full term pregnant woman as his victim. This seems like a personal killing. They went to great lengths to hide her identity. My thoughts it was planned out. From the location to dismembering. Father of child not wanting to be a dad or family member who was against the pregnancy maybe due to religious beliefs...

Writing on the hand....wsr and a series of numbers...wonder if she was distracted or interrupted and not able to finish writing...maybe it was going to be a phone numb or address? If she was not from PA, but a surrounding state..example..NY, DE...the writing meant something..read it was done in close proximity to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetluv View Post
    I don't think a random killer would choose a full term pregnant woman as his victim. This seems like a personal killing. They went to great lengths to hide her identity. My thoughts it was planned out. From the location to dismembering. Father of child not wanting to be a dad or family member who was against the pregnancy maybe due to religious beliefs...
    Why would you think a random killer wouldn't chose a full term pregnany woman as his victim?

Although an angry lover cannot be ruled out certainly, most domestic murders don't end up with chopped on limbs.

It could be a torso murderer. He is an excerpt of an article on torso killers...

The third most common category is usually referred to as an ‘offensive’ mutilation where the dismemberment is in fact the real purpose of the murder all along, and these include lust and necro-sadistic murders. Those driven by primarily sexual motives mutilate the corpse in characteristic ways, Konopka, Kunz and colleagues report, for example severing genital organs or breasts. Some perpetrators pull out abdominal organs through the disfigured genital tract. Death by strangling is apparently very common in this kind of homicide.

Writing on the hand....wsr and a series of numbers...wonder if she was distracted or interrupted and not able to finish writing...maybe it was going to be a phone numb or address? If she was not from PA, but a surrounding state..example..NY, DE...the writing meant something..read it was done in close proximity to death.
    I think it is an address, its the most obvious answer. Addresses and phone numbers are the most common thing written on hands before the common ownership of cell phones anyway. WSR are the initials of the road, numbers are the exact building.

WSR could be West S______ Road for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1980 View Post
    https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111712603/

Sherry Roberts "Without shoes, money" Girl, 12, Reported Missing Sherry Roberts, 12, has been missing since Wednesday night, her mother, Mrs. Lois Crawford of 3417 Lebanon Road, said yesterday. "She left here after we had an argument on Wednesday night," her mother said. "She didn't have any shoes on or any money." Mrs. Crawford described her daughter as being 5 feet, 5 inches tall and of medium weight. She has shoulder-length brown hair, cut short in the front, green eyes and a dark tan. Sherry is beleived to have runaway with a friend, also 12.
    I have searched and searched and I cannot find a single thing about what happened to Sherry Roberts. The only other mention I can find in newspaper of her is in her brother's obituary where she is listed as preceding him in death. I have spent almost a month trying to figure out if she never came back and she wasn't found and assumed dead, looking for MP articles on her, anything... I know this is a rabbit hole and not Sherry's thread but I hate loose ends.
    Last edited by MyFavoriteKindOfNight; 10-06-2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: clarifying

Is there a pic of the wsr writing on her hand?

I think back to Lacy Peterson ...9 months pregnant...killed by her husband Scott. He also dismembered her.

Is there a pic of the wsr writing on her hand?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ec-76-2/page50

Thanks CCJD...

Does the bedspread and suitcases still exist? Could they do any testing on those items now not available in the 70s?

Her breast, nose, and ears removed. I would think these are characteristic features that are identifiable....person who did this went to great lengths...from dismembering to three different suitcases that were painted and handles removed. Seems planned, not random.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55