Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
    Family of murdered dancer sets up memorial fund for domestic violence victims:

Celeste has set up a fund to take donations in Debbie's name. Anything left over from funeral expenses will go to The Shade Tree's Survivor Services Center.

"That's there memorial tribute to her, to help others," Marlene says.

http://www.ktnv.com/story/13835034/f...olence-victims

I feel so bad for Celeste and Debbie's parents. But the fact that Celeste wants to help other domestic violence victims now at such a terrible time in her own life makes me think she will try to make something positive out of her sister's senseless and horrific murder. I can definitely see her becoming an advocate or DV victims in the future. I hope she does!
    I hope she does also. It is heartbreaking to see the grief on the faces of Debbie's sister and family. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Expert Sees Pattern in Domestic Violence Victims:

Though it may seem like common sense to walk out of an abusive relationship, victims feel like they are in control. Richter says victims will often take abuse several times before deciding enough is enough.

"The sad average is seven times, and often it is something from the outside that helps them understand what the danger is," she said.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/138400...olence-victims

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nancy2441 For This Useful Post:

everyone in earlier posts kept saying they hope the body was found but,it clearly stated in the news reports her body was found in cement tubs....

Slain Vegas dancer remembered by family, friends

"She didn't know this, but I envied her in so many ways," Celeste Flores Narvaez told more than 80 friends and family members who gathered to remember her sister, Debora, at a Mass at St. Viator Catholic Church. "She danced, traveled, was single, living the life."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...nds-952479.php

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nancy2441 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
    Slain Vegas dancer remembered by family, friends

"She didn't know this, but I envied her in so many ways," Celeste Flores Narvaez told more than 80 friends and family members who gathered to remember her sister, Debora, at a Mass at St. Viator Catholic Church. "She danced, traveled, was single, living the life."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...nds-952479.php
    So their going to let this person who dismembered a body walk around like he did nothing!!! Unbelievable..........Who is this guy and why??

Police learned the details of the alleged murder from Louis Colombo, Griffith's roommate, who told investigators he helped Griffith dismember the body and hide it.
    Clark County District Attorney David Rogers said Colombo will likely not face charges.
    "Not only did he help us recover the body, he also told us the circumstances of the killing," Rogers said. "There are lot of times that we have to negotiate with sinners to get to the devil."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

As repulsive as it seems to let Louis walk free without him there would have been no quick resolution to this heinous crime.

I just hope that his daughter is ok after all she was there at the apartment when the intial assault took place. No little gal deserves to witness that kind of violence.
    Just My Opinion

11. The Following User Says Thank You to newone For This Useful Post:

I have a hard time believing Louis that Debbie would just stay with her ex after he pulled him off her while he was choking her. That makes no sense to me. It is more believable that he failed to pull him off and felt somewhat responsible and helped him hide the body. I just have a hard time believing his story that all was well when he left after there was a serious choke attempt. So strange.

JMO.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherlockh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    As repulsive as it seems to let Louis walk free without him there would have been no quick resolution to this heinous crime.

I just hope that his daughter is ok after all she was there at the apartment when the intial assault took place. No little gal deserves to witness that kind of violence.
    I just hope the child's mother will fight to have his visitation rights removed. This is not a person who should be around children.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nancy2441 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    So their going to let this person who dismembered a body walk around like he did nothing!!! Unbelievable..........Who is this guy and why??

I knew he wasn't going to be charged with murder, that was the deal they struck with him. But I can't believe they are not charging him with accessory after the fact or desecration of a corpse. Disgusting that he could participate in something so gruesome and be walking around like the rest uf us...free as a bird.
    Last edited by Nancy2441; 01-14-2011 at 07:33 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nancy2441 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post

IDK, seems like they had the GPS from the truck to tell them where the body may have been. Once they discovered that and how sloppy they were, forensics could have given them everything they needed along with circumstantial evidence. I think LE got took the easier venue.

I'm never going to Vegas!

Does anyone know or remember a case where someone like this got off for dismembering a body??

Love to hear NG's two cents on this one.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Interesting...I found a Columbo who lives on Bonanza Rd in LV (street of the house where body was found) Wonder if related....

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Last edited by KateB; 06-11-2015 at 09:41 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...-dancers-deat/
    Murder trial still set for November for man accused in ‘Fantasy’ dancer’s death
    The murder trial is still on track to begin in late November for Jason “Blu” Griffith, who is accused in last year’s strangling death and dismemberment of his girlfriend, Luxor dancer Debra Flores Navarez.
    Griffith’s court-appointed attorney, Abel Yanez, told Judge Donald Mosley that Griffith was ready to have his jury trial begin on Nov. 28 — although Yanez couldn’t say for sure what issues still might arise when they get the hard drive contents that could delay the trial.

The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

Less than 2 months til the trial date... impatiently waiting.
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

28. The Following User Says Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast